Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Sonikku » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:31 am

Fox is spinning this as a vindication of the Republican party as a whole against the Democrat party, but Trump's win seems like more of a rebuke against the establishments of both. The GoP in Washington may celebrate their party's win today, but Trump has an axe to grind with many of them as surely as he did with HIllary. It's going to be very awkward to see how far they will go before they start saying no to what will likely be endless unrealistic and implausible demands from their party's new standard bearer.

Sonikku has received 3 thanks from: Monkei, Raithos, St. Elmo's Fire
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:40 am

The real news here though, is that recreational marijuana is now legal in CA, NV and MA!

Raithos has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:41 am

To be fair though, my friends in California with knowledge of the situation are not happy with Proposition 64 as everything there now has some pretty tight and strict regulations, its going to be harder and cost more for medical and recreational, everything has to be lab tested, some current dispensaries are going to go out of business, and edibles and other non-smoking forms of cannabis have some regulations now that make it harder to produce them. So while it was a win for marijuana legalization, it also kind of shot the current industry in california in the foot (which was the model industry for everywhere else, remember California has had medical weed since the late 90s, and many other states used California as a starting point for their own policies on weed).

The good news though, is that the Federal Government is likely going to have to step in and make general policies and laws about it, so that the whole country can have at least the same base line laws about marijuana. Its going to be a head ache for everyone eventually if each state has this much contrasting laws and regulations about marijuana. I still think states like Colorado and Oregon have the more beneficial laws, but I think the federal government is likely to follow the ones made by a state like California, due to its size and stricter regulations. Weed legalization is here, but it just got more expensive... hopefully only temporarily.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:27 pm

Don't really like discussing politics on internet forums let alone this one because obviously plenty will disagree with me, but whatever...

Personally I think the Democratic Party have only themselves to blame. They rigged the system (super delegates etc) so that Hillary cruised past Bernie, despite being so unliked by the general public.

Bernie vs Trump and IMO we could have seen a very different outcome.

Sad day for democracy, the Democratic Party need to take some responsibility though. If shit goes south, which I think it will, then you can't just point to ignorant voters voting Trump as the sole cause.

ShenmueForeseen has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:05 pm

redline wrote: Image

:lol: ...sorry

Yep, I bet many MANY "safe spaces" have been getting stood in, ALL day!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:07 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:

Yeah let's laugh at the misery of those who didn't want Trump to win.

USA USA USAU SAUAUSUASUSAUIS
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Ziming » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:14 pm

Very likely to be the future attorney general for president-elect Trump.

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Ziming » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:23 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: Raithos
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:29 pm

ShenmueForeseen wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote:

Yeah let's laugh at the misery of those who didn't want Trump to win.

USA USA USAU SAUAUSUASUSAUIS

Tears are also salty

shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Sonikku » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:31 pm

Raithos wrote: The real news here though, is that recreational marijuana is now legal in CA, NV and MA!

Except not really. There is a federal ban on pot and though the Democrats chose not to enforce it, the GoP will. Basically the party of small government is taking over big government so they can tell your state government what to do. ;-)
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:49 pm

phpBB [video]
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:04 pm

Just watching idiocracy makes everything even funnier.

shredingskin has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, St. Elmo's Fire
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:51 pm

Meh, it's all gonna be fine, probably.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:00 pm

ShenmueForeseen wrote: Don't really like discussing politics on internet forums let alone this one because obviously plenty will disagree with me, but whatever...

Personally I think the Democratic Party have only themselves to blame. They rigged the system (super delegates etc) so that Hillary cruised past Bernie, despite being so unliked by the general public.

Bernie vs Trump and IMO we could have seen a very different outcome.

Sad day for democracy, the Democratic Party need to take some responsibility though. If shit goes south, which I think it will, then you can't just point to ignorant voters voting Trump as the sole cause.

No you're exactly right, dunno what there is to disagree with about that! These things don't just happen, they happen for a reason! Exactly like you said, if a side "should have won", but didn't, then it's usually entirely their own fault. I said it before, but if people get SO sick of the BS that they feel like they only have the highly lethal option left, they will damned well use it! Like I also said before, I believe that if Kanye West was still running, against these two, he probably had half a chance of landing in the big seat instead! 8) :lol:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:06 pm

I can easily disagree, Hillary was gonna beat sanders anyway, people tend to get tired of political systems in 2 or 3 election cycles, trump got the priorities of his discourse "create jobs" with a catchy slogan, hillary had "she has a pussy" (that trump grabbed it lol), all the democratic party was doing was fearmongering without having much of the understanding/climate of the entire country.

MAYBE sanders could've won against trump (and it's pretty much an effort in fiction trying to find that out), but he could not beat hillary in any way, she was the face of the democratic party for years, in a democratic election she had the upper hand, it's like that.

Looks like some people haven't looked at recent history for one fucking second, since 1952 all the elections have been 2 mandates republican - 2 democratic (except for one 3 republicans with reagan/bush).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic