Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Calshot » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:31 am

Kenny wrote: It's hard as FUCK to find David Lynch coffee around here locally.

You'll probably see some in 25 years.

Calshot has received a thanks from: Kenny
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:57 am

Kenny wrote: It's hard as FUCK to find David Lynch coffee around here locally.

What about cherry pie?

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Kenny
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Chaos » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:01 am

Couple hours til the interview. Still debating whether to lie about leaving a job after a few weeks a while back or tell them about it and give them reasons why I left.

Everything is shit.
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby Raithos » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:55 am

Rule of thumb is, if it doesn't pertain to the job you are applying for leave it out. If it wasn't already on your application/resume when you applied then telling them about it shows you lied right off the bat.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Axm
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Chaos » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:05 am

Raithos wrote: Rule of thumb is, if it doesn't pertain to the job you are applying for leave it out. If it wasn't already on your application/resume when you applied then telling them about it shows you lied right off the bat.

I'm an RN and I'm applying for the same kind of job.

But yeah, I didn't put it on my resume so I guess I should just leave it. The last place I worked at worked out so terribly. I knew it was probably not gonna work out when I first interviewed with them, but I was kinda desperate at the time. Gonna make sure I ask all the right questions this time. hurr lets get hired PRN on your first job thats gonna work out just great.

I'm more worried about them finding out in the future if I get hired and me not telling them fucks me over.
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Chaos » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:38 pm

well I completely lied when they asked if I had any experience and said it would be my first one

feel shitty about it and hate it but yeah
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:55 pm

You were debating about lying about your skill set or lying about why you left?

I would never mention if you got fired or anything like that. Something like a "I wanted to broaden my horizons" or "wanted to try a different phase of my career" kind of bullshit works best.

If you lied about your skillset, that'll fuck you over. But you basically told them you didn't have experience when in fact you did? Afraid you'd be rejected for being overqualified?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Chaos » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:42 am

Kenny wrote: You were debating about lying about your skill set or lying about why you left?

I would never mention if you got fired or anything like that. Something like a "I wanted to broaden my horizons" or "wanted to try a different phase of my career" kind of bullshit works best.

If you lied about your skillset, that'll fuck you over. But you basically told them you didn't have experience when in fact you did? Afraid you'd be rejected for being overqualified?

afraid of it looking terrible that I was only there a few weeks. In any case I'll probably reject an offer if they make it because it sounds as terrible as the last place I worked.

Gotten so much differing advice on how to handle the short term job that ended on bad terms that I don't know what to do about it.
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yama » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:08 am

Was it on you? Either way, I wouldn't mention it unless directly asked. Since you were, I'd have just told the truth. Some places background checks are pretty in depth, better to explain why, what you gained from it, how to avoid a similar situation, etc. Spinning it is better than lying honestly. Seems like it doesn't matter anymore anyway, just my two cents. If you reject good luck on finding something more to your liking. I'm sure you will.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Chaos » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:27 am

Yeah its too late to do anything about it now. I should have owned up to it but not much I can do now. I have another interview in a few days at what I hear is a better place and I told them about the job. Guess I'll see how that goes.

Thanks though

It was just a horrible fit for me. Its on me the way I left, but the way the facility handled everything I didn't really feel safe working there, and the place I interviewed at today seems exactly the same.
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:47 pm

Well this woman at work thinks you can tell a lot about a person by what their star sign is, yet she has to ask what mine is...

She guessed about 5 times and got it wrong every time. She tried telling me how people with the same star sign have similar shaped faces like it's a fact and when I mention that it has more too do with your parents then the month you're born she thinks I'm insane. This is the idiot who goes to psychic's and said if she had cancer she wouldn't go too a doctor and just use 'positive energy'. Kind of scary that she's 30 and has 2 kids.

Amazes me that people say I'm being an asshole for challenging her beliefs yet she isn't for telling me that I'm wrong for saying medicine can cure an illness.

Riku Rose has received 3 thanks from: Kenny, OL, Raithos
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:09 pm

We have that bullshit in California too.

To me it's more proof that being "spiritual" can also be dangerous.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby south carmain » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:14 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Amazes me that people say I'm being an asshole for challenging her beliefs yet she isn't for telling me that I'm wrong for saying medicine can cure an illness.

I don't understand why challenging beliefs is considered negative nowadays anyway. If your beliefs can so easily be challenged then maybe it's time to rethink them? It's pretty pathetic that we are expected to tiptoe around everything when modern European ideals were built on challenging beliefs and evolving as a result, and I say that as a Christian.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:35 am

Its been a little more active around here recently, im enjoying the convos. Thanks guys :)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:43 pm

You are most welcome. Now get back to work! [-X
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking