Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby myshtuff » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:01 pm

Stay safe dude! Are you in Houston?
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Mr357 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:24 pm

Ziming wrote: Just got power back after nearly 18 hours without it. Can't go anywhere since all the roads are flooded as it continues to rain. I'm very fortunate that the flooding hasnt gotten into the home...yet. It's a good thing we stocked up on supplies before this hurricane happened.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/ne ... s-flooding

Weather forecast for the next couple of days.... :sad:

Glad to hear you're alright. If you haven't had flooding yet, you shouldn't at all. I was supposed to fly in yesterday, but had to get a hotel room and reschedule for San Antonio tonight. Now I'm stuck in Newark of all places for half a day.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:41 pm

I was just in Houston at the end of June... Stay safe out there Zim! Has anyone heard from Raithos? He is also in that area.

Also, remember that video I posted on the previous page from a couple weeks ago? Well guess what it was about? Tropical Storms and hurricane systems, and it warned about massive storms that were brewing and could go potentially any where in the coming weeks. Safe to say that prediction was correct, I forgot about that until now when I looked at it, crazy crazy stuff the weather world wide has been fucked this year.

edit - Found an interesting follow up video that was just released from the same YT channel about all the crazy weather and happenings that have taken place just in the month of August 2017 all over the world. Cant help but feel like some how its all connected there have been HUGE displacements of water like has never been seen before. Brazil and Frances shores receding now all this water dumped in texas, wtf is going on?

phpBB [video]
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Ziming » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Here's a interesting video speculating how they might be manipulate the weather. Keep in mind you're now venturing into tin foil hat territory meaning most folks in this forum and in real life will laugh at it.

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Cyberman » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:10 am

I'm ok. I live in Baytown which is 20 miles east of Houston.
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Postby Raithos » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:30 am

Man I haven't been on here in couples months. Tried to take a break from forums and social media as much as I could, all the political stuff was getting out of hand, and it hasn't gotten any better in my time gone lol. But with recent events I'm back.

The hurricane has wrecked Houston bad. My area got hit pretty hard. I'm safe, but I've been flooded in for four days now, thankfully haven't lost power for more than a couple hours at a time. A couple family members had to be evacuated from their homes after their neighborhoods took on massive amounts of flooding. These are some photos I found online of the freeway less than a mile from my home. The same exit I take to go home each day from work. Crazy to see it underwater!
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Cyberman » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:28 pm

We haven't lost any power so far and none of our streets were ever flooded.
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:17 pm

Glad to hear you guys are safe! I was just there at the beginning of June working Free Press Festival and really got to know the city and drove around a good bit too. Its hard to imagine that place over come with water the way it is, that storm was unreal. My other friends and co-wrokers in the area seem to be ok, but a lot of the photos and stories coming from it are tough to take in.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Cyberman » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:04 am

Does anyone on this forum have Twitter?

Here is my Twitter, if you guys are interested. https://twitter.com/BobbyLeeJohnson?lang=en
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Postby shredingskin » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:44 pm

Will China sell USA debt, or will they stop a fucking country that their only purpouse was excerting geopolitical power over USA ?

TBH, China should do both, but they'll get a strike in revenue they can't hold their population.

IT'll hurt USA bad, but will make putin part of the new goverment.

So in most approachs, it's a race war to see who NEUTRALIZES NK ? And there, I see China with the upperhand.

While they're not still doing neo-colonism, this is quite a good bet against USA cultural hegemony.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby OL » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:27 am

Huge fan of the original Blade of the Immortal comic. And I tend to like Takashi Miike's "quickly-made, lower-budget, don't-give-a-damn-if-it's-silly" brand of filmmaking...
...so why am I so put off by the way this new Blade of the Immortal movie looks?

phpBB [video]

Ick.
I guess mixing chocolate and peanut butter isn't always a good thing.
The original Immortal comic had a cool semi-realistic, yet still stylish kind of groove to it. Something weirdly classy despite the level of violence, due in large part to the visual acuity of Hiroaki Samura's pencil-and-ink style. It felt big, edgy, gripping, and adult. A movie version deserves to be in the hands of someone who plans their movies very carefully, not a "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" kind of director like Miike.
But no, now we've got a Manji who doesn't even have a fucking manji symbol on his back because "oh noes, ruined international appeal!" And his scar makeup looks like utter shit. And the whole production looks like a tv movie, just with an excess of gore.
No thanks to all that. I'll stick to the comics.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Cyberman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:01 pm

https://twitter.com/BrittneyStandi1

This is my ex girlfriend tell her to stop harassing me
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Postby Rakim » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:58 pm

Cyberman wrote: https://twitter.com/BrittneyStandi1

"Fuck you bobby no one likes you"

This is a very bizarre request btw.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Cyberman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:07 am

Rakim wrote:

Yeah, wouldn't this be considered cyberbullying?
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Postby south carmain » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:01 am

Cyberman wrote:
Rakim wrote:

Yeah, wouldn't this be considered cyberbullying?

Yes, I reported you to NASA.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic