Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Jibby » Mon May 23, 2016 1:26 am

*Kenshin Himura* wrote: I'm thinking about taking a vacation to the EU or back to the States any suggestions?

Do both and come to Scotland. We deep fry a lot of things, so we're kinda like America, but we're also in the EU so you're getting the best of both worlds.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Mon May 23, 2016 3:27 am

^ Sounds like my type of food, I've been a big foodie as of late. :oops: Scotland looks amazing! Wow, this is going to be hard choice, so many beautiful countries.

*Kenshin Himura* has received a thanks from: Jibby
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon May 23, 2016 7:10 am

I think it's hilarious that people genuinely see England as a decent holiday destination.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Thief » Mon May 23, 2016 7:30 am

Scotland is my ideal vacation spot. Country looks beautiful and my family comes from Scotland. We Americans have this weird ethnicity identity problem where we can't simply identify as being American, so we cling to the identity of our ancestors. So when I say my family comes from there, I mean dead people I never knew. Either way, my vote goes to Scotland as well -- as if we're making Kenshin's vacation a democratic decision. :lol:
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon May 23, 2016 10:12 am

I highly recommend Venice, Italy if we're talking Europe, easily the most beautiful place I've been to yet in my life. And the best food too. :D

MiTT3NZ wrote: I think it's hilarious that people genuinely see England as a decent holiday destination.

Well, if we're talking Blackpool, yeah, I can see what you mean (and hey, Blackpool is rather fun, just been so many times now) but there's definitely some really nice parts of the UK to go to. No need to be so humble, we do live in a nice country (whether it's the UK or just England itself). Been to Scotland and Ireland because of having a large family on my father's side which are all split up between those two and been to Wales even more since it's such a lovely country too. Out of the UK, I'd say that Wales is my preference for holiday, so peaceful. Lake district is really nice too.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon May 23, 2016 12:08 pm

If you do come to Scotland, if you're staying in one of the big cities with museums and stuff (Glasgow or Edinburgh), make sure you also go to the North-most parts, ideally by road but train will do, the scenery up there is mostly impressive and imposing. Can be cold here though, even in summer.

Same goes for England, there is tons to do in the cities down there, but also areas of impressive geological sightseeing which are elsewhere too. And it's usually a few degrees warmer.

I think there are parts of the UK that would be literally perfect if they were guaranteed a few weeks of 25+ c heat every year with minimal rain and no cold wind to spoil things. But it's also quite expensive here, it's quite easy to go abroad for the same or even less than it is to stay in the UK, I imagine that gap would widen if a few lucky places in the UK did get that sort of weather...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Mon May 23, 2016 12:14 pm

If you go to Scotland don't forget to visit dundee, Scotland's most beautiful city by far.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon May 23, 2016 12:40 pm

If you're an American visiting the UK I'd recommend a recent book by US travel writer Bill Bryson called The Road to Little Dribbling, which will highlight some possible destinations for you from a fellow countryman's perspective (and hopefully make you laugh along the way).
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon May 23, 2016 12:43 pm

south carmain wrote: If you go to Scotland don't forget to visit dundee, Scotland's most beautiful city by far.

I assume that's sarcasm!?

(though there is a pretty cool museum on board a pretty old ship there! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RRS_Discovery )
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Mon May 23, 2016 3:31 pm

Seems like it's a unanimous decision for Scotland haha. I think I''ll do both England and Scotland. I'm looking forward to all of those places you mentioned and museums, very fascinating indeed.

Oh and Henry I've been to Italy, very gorgeous and love the food, I took a cooking class there and it was mind blowing on how they make some traditional dishes from almost nothing literally.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon May 23, 2016 4:15 pm

Oh yeah, Scotland also has the original town/city called Aberdeen that the Aberdeen Harbour in Hong Kong featured in Shenmue 2 has sort of taken its name from. :D

Your travelling life sounds fantastic, well done! 8)

On a side note I can see why a percentage of Americans don't have a passport/have never left the USA. It's such a huge place that there is like, everything to see and do there, from baking hot desert through rich fertile agricultural land to cold and mountainous, all sorts of cool shit like huge national parks that would probably take someone years alone to properly explore, it is geographically one epic continent!

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby beedle » Mon May 23, 2016 5:15 pm

Thief wrote: Scotland is my ideal vacation spot. Country looks beautiful and my family comes from Scotland. We Americans have this weird ethnicity identity problem where we can't simply identify as being American, so we cling to the identity of our ancestors. So when I say my family comes from there, I mean dead people I never knew. Either way, my vote goes to Scotland as well -- as if we're making Kenshin's vacation a democratic decision. :lol:

You are gonna get battered
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Thief » Mon May 23, 2016 6:21 pm

why? don't know what you mean. too lazy to bother looking into ambiguous post.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon May 23, 2016 10:13 pm

No, Spence. England is a great place to live. I could make a very compelling argument on how Manchester is quite possibly the greatest city on the planet to live in. However, as an actual holiday destination? No. By all means, it's a fine place to explore, but only in patches for a weekend break or a Bank Holiday or some shit.

To truly experience England properly, it's a place you have to move to. We're greater than just some holiday, and in the same respect we provide a shite holiday. I mean, what're you gonna do? Look at buildings? Go to museums? What kinda fucking holiday is that? Holidays - at least to me - are about forgettin your responsibilities, enjoyin the sunsheeeee-iiiinnnn---aaa and gettin absolutely blitzed. Or, if you're a doctor, finding the ideal place to murder your kids.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Mon May 23, 2016 11:53 pm

This guy. :lol:
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣