Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Peter » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:04 pm

Since I am staying in my grand house which doesn't have an LCD TV, I have hooked up my original Xbox and today dug out my copy of Shenmue IIx from my collection. So have an excellent night of watching Shenmue the Movie, and then will fire up the second game. Good to be back home! ;-)

Peter has received 3 thanks from: OL, Yama, Yokosuka Martian
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:03 pm

Glad you've settled down for now
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Peter » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:33 pm

I had to pass on the DVD movie as I don't have the remote control for the original Xbox. Watching the digest movie on the Shenmue IIx disc and then will begin a new save file. Funny the last time I had this game on was when i was doing that task for Yama where we had to find specific characters in the game and take screenshots of them. So I have multiple save files from all over the game lol.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Yama, Yokosuka Martian
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:18 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
beedle wrote: new simpsons is terrible, sorry. Kenny is right, it tries to be like Family Guy. And Family Guy is god awful, so QED.

Is there like, anything, you have ever liked or said anything positive about? :???: :!:

He used to say nice things all the time, back when he was studying A level politics. He was like a young Tony Robbins who also knew the names of political ideologies. Then he went to uni, lost his cherry to a prostitute, and became a jaded man with a weird sig.

Also what is going on with the dojo, there's a sub-forum less and it is also working properly for once. There is also a "view new posts" button (that hasn't always been there has it?), YES! Shenmue UK may have now finally become irrelevant. Ah who am I kidding, I'd practically live there if Joey would come back.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bambi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:23 pm

phpBB [video]

mue 26 wrote: Also what is going on with the dojo, it's there's a sub-forum less and it is also working properly for once.

I honestly think given our activity level this is better.

mue 26 wrote: There is also a "view new posts" button (that hasn't always been there has it?),

Yes.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:27 pm

I agree with the former, but can't agree with the latter. There is no way that has always been there.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bambi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:37 pm

phpBB [video]

Love this road safety commerical.

mue 26 wrote: I agree with the former, but can't agree with the latter. There is no way that has always been there.

Can't be sure but I vaguely remember it being there and I know it's definitely been a feature of phpBB for years.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Havel » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:39 pm

I use it upon every visit and have done so since the transition from the old forums.
Havel
Banned
Banned

Postby Rakim » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:48 pm

View new posts has definitely always been there. That's always been the first thing I go for when I log in.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:36 pm

It honestly never showed up on my computer, I know because I was looking for such a feature just a couple of days ago. However, not to nitpick, as it's still nice, but I am slightly disappointed the actual posts don't come up instead of the topics. Ol pro-boards had that covered.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:55 pm

Yokosuka Martian has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Kenny, MiTT3NZ, OL
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:20 pm

Honda Accords be the shit, at least the circa 2001 ones. I remember when my family inherited one. The first time my mum gave me a lift in that badboy mans felt like he was riding in a limo. Leather seats and all, and cup holders in places I didn't know they could put cup holders. Ballin. I can see why Jesus would like the Accord (circa 2001), humble of the outside, mad plush on the inside.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Thief » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:49 am

I just think the Simpsons is really well written. The jokes are clever -- I don't think it's comparable at all to family guy. I can't tell you if it was better or not in the old days because I watched the old episodes way back when, but all I can say is I enjoy the Simpsons as it currently is. Even if it isn't as good as it once was it's certainly not as bad as many people claim it to be. I don't think it needs to go anywhere. It's a well written show with great characters and I enjoy watching it (and apparently so do a lot of people).
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby beedle » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:31 am

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
beedle wrote: new simpsons is terrible, sorry. Kenny is right, it tries to be like Family Guy. And Family Guy is god awful, so QED.

Is there like, anything, you have ever liked or said anything positive about? :???: :!:

yes, mue's sense of humour. I can only aspire to be as witty as he is.

beedle has received a thanks from: mue 26
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mue 26 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:47 am

Ha, I knew it! I had you under my spell ever since I did that brilliant cockney persona on Shenmue Uk.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic