Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby south carmain » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Isn't their age of consent like, 14, or something?

12 in some areas
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Rakim » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:27 pm

I did some quick research into this to clear Japan's good name. According to wikipedia and the good people at Japanese Yahoo answers the official "Age of Consent of Japan" is 13. However, that doesn't mean you can go doing the ole in out with some middle schoolers. Apparently that mostly just means that teenagers can legally give it to each other because if some slimy adult gets involved so do child endangerment and obscenity laws. Which seem to end when one reaches 18 years and becomes an adult on paper. Although they may vary depending on the Prefecture.

Now my head is spinning from trying to sift through all this so I may have to lay down. Who would have guessed legal jargon would be one of my linguistic weaknesses? lol
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby south carmain » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:58 pm

Rakim wrote: I did some quick research into this to clear Japan's good name. According to wikipedia and the good people at Japanese Yahoo answers the official "Age of Consent of Japan" is 13. However, that doesn't mean you can go doing the ole in out with some middle schoolers. Apparently that mostly just means that teenagers can legally give it to each other because if some slimy adult gets involved so do child endangerment and obscenity laws. Which seem to end when one reaches 18 years and becomes an adult on paper. Although they may vary depending on the Prefecture.

Now my head is spinning from trying to sift through all this so I may have to lay down. Who would have guessed legal jargon would be one of my linguistic weaknesses? lol

The national age of consent in Japan is 13 as specified by the Japanese Penal Code Articles 176 and 177.[37][dead link] However, prefectures can have ordinances that prohibit sexual activities with any minor under 18.[38]
‘Rape’, Art. 177 Penal Code 'A person who, through violence or intimidation, has sexual intercourse with a female person of not less than thirteen (13) years of age commits the crime of rape and shall be punished with imprisonment at forced labour for a limited term of not less than two years. The same shall apply to a person who has sexual intercourse with a female person under thirteen (13) years of age.'[39]
'Indecency through compulsion', Art. 176 Penal Code 'A person who, through violence or intimidation, commits an indecent act upon a male or female person of not less than thirteen (13) years of age shall be punished with imprisonment at forced labour for not less than six months nor more than seven years. The same shall apply to a person who commits an indecent act upon a male or female person under thirteen (13) years of age.'[39]

I was wrong it's 13, but however you have to remember that some countries will count you as 13 if your age is past 12 years and 6 months
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Rakim » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:57 pm

Yeah I read that from the English wikipedia. It really glossed over the more important part that is elaborated on extensively in the Japanese article.

link

That chart is of the 47 todoufuken and their stance on the Child Welfare Ordinance mentioned on the English site. 46 of the 47 have passed various versions of the law, with a common statement in them all defining a minor as someone who has yet to reach 18 years. So that quote of 13 years is virtually null. Except in Nagano-ken where apparently you can fuck kids. I can't find anything saying they've put anything in place to stop these kind of crimes either. Those Nagano pricks need to get with the program.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Well my work has officially told me fuck you, but have not fired me. They pull me to the side today after my shift and tell me they are decreasing my pay to minimum wage, with some bullshit excuse, they said I told someone how much money I make (which I didnt even fucking do), and apparently that is reason enough to take some of my money away. I am pissed and going to the department of labor tomorrow and figuring out my options, and how to go about getting unemployment.

What a strange week, I get the internship going, which is a plus and now this. Maybe everything is happening for a reason, but I am gonna have to start making shit happen, and fast I dont wanna run out of cash right now. I dont like the idea of settling for my current place of employment after this, they have fucked me over so much as it is... Idk man, I just dont know.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:14 pm

Been a great day. Good good news for my mom. Had a great lunch. Got some nice new shirts. Picked up a coupe sealed games at a thrift store and was a great spring day. Now watching the NFL draft. Everything just went well. Ice cube is not the only one who had a good day. :D

Bluecast has received 4 thanks from: Brothaman, lavrentis, mue 26, Sonikku
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby mue 26 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:50 am

^Sounds good! Glad to hear your mum's doing well.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Bluecast
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sailors? » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:11 am

Some music I wrote for an assignment at uni, it's fucking fun writing music for documentaries.

Let me know what you think hombres.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:32 am

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Mitsuzuki » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:52 am

Sailors? wrote: Some music I wrote for an assignment at uni, it's fucking fun writing music for documentaries.

Let me know what you think hombres.

Killer, man. I can easily imagine David Attenborough's voice over this. Well done.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Sailors? » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:17 pm

Thank you man.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby Bambi » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Bambi has received 3 thanks from: Brothaman, Kenny, MiTT3NZ
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:13 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY[/youtube]

i love the internet

Yokosuka Martian has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Brothaman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:25 pm

BAILING!!!!!!! :shock:

:lol:

Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:27 pm

I got to meet a few kitties today at the spca. :) Some of them were pretty skittish, but a couple of them were really affectionate and cuddly. The Cuddliest one sadly was a kitten, which costs double what a year old+ cat goes for. :sad: Maybe someday!

Sonikku has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic