Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:11 pm

BTW, holy CRAP at the spambots attack! I wish NASA would fix that one first!

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Mr357
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Mr357 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:16 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I think we can at least agree that Mr. President George "dubb-ya" played a significant role in that, and everyone else after the fact is still trying to pick up all the pieces from the mess he had a huge hand in creating.

It goes all the way back to his father, but Clinton and Obama have been even worse. None of them have defended our border, constitution, culture, economy, and most importantly, people. Enough with career politicians. 90% of them are corrupt, elitist trash.

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: I agree with what you guys are saying (as in, NASA is more important than helping turn Syria into rubble), but to be fair, a lot of technology also comes from expensive military-related undertakings. Especially during war time (or even cold war time, lots of cool stuff was developed back then too).

Maybe I'm being misunderstood here. I support increased funding of our military, but we never should have gone into the Middle East in 2003, and we shouldn't go back now. Sending those rebels (who are probably part of ISIS) weapons was an absolute mistake, just like when we left the incompetent Iraqis all those (((Abrams)))' and other vehicles and weapons when we pulled out. Fuck Syria, they can kill each other for another 50 years for all I care, and Russia can do what they like there.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:20 pm

Mr357 wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: I think we can at least agree that Mr. President George "dubb-ya" played a significant role in that, and everyone else after the fact is still trying to pick up all the pieces from the mess he had a huge hand in creating.

It goes all the way back to his father, but Clinton and Obama have been even worse. None of them have defended our border, constitution, culture, economy, and most importantly, people. Enough with career politicians. 90% of them are corrupt, elitist trash.

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: I agree with what you guys are saying (as in, NASA is more important than helping turn Syria into rubble), but to be fair, a lot of technology also comes from expensive military-related undertakings. Especially during war time (or even cold war time, lots of cool stuff was developed back then too).

Maybe I'm being misunderstood here. I support increased funding of our military, but we never should have gone into the Middle East in 2003, and we shouldn't go back now. Sending those rebels (who are probably part of ISIS) weapons was an absolute mistake, just like when we left the incompetent Iraqis all those (((Abrams)))' and other vehicles and weapons when we pulled out. Fuck Syria, they can kill each other for another 50 years for all I care, and Russia can do what they like there.

Well I agree with all that (especially that it all was re-kicked off in 2003), but didn't wanna say since I thought you would disagree with it sounding a bit "lefty". ;-)
Also, last time I brought this up, someone who obviously worked in some sort of intelligence job bounced in and owned me. :sad:

One of the things I like about Trump is that he says he kind of agrees with us on this issue too (one of the other things I also like is what you touched on, he isn't a "career politician", he's a businessman so probably has a lot more real world experience than most senior political figures).

But Syria didn't happen by accident, I'm not sure where the truth and conspiracy lines sit, but quite a lot of the conspiracies are believable and I personally believe we (the West) have had a lot to do with it. Granted I'm a bit leftist, but to me the humanitarian side is the worst, we clandestinely sneaked in and started helping organise a revolution. Only Assad held on for a lot longer than they thought he would. But his country was in disarray. This helped ISIS come in (and IMO we've had a hand in them, too, some of ISIS came from the remains of Iraq.*) and take advantage, then the Russians come along (though at least they were invited!) and shit REALLY kicks off. Populace have enough, jump on boats to the EU. All our messing about has caused 1m+ people to have to get the fuck out of their own country. To be honest I think Europe and the UK deserve it, if they hadn't meddled in the Middle East, they'd not have to deal with so many pissed off Muslims on their doorsteps.
Also the way we turn a blind eye to Turkey and Saudi "apparently" giving help to ISIS as well, so much corruption and hypocrisy, and in mainstream media they tell it to us with such blatant falseness.

You know it's a twisted set of events when Hezbollah and the Russians are pretty much the good guys! Also, ISIS must be pretty scummy if even Hezbollah would rather help the leader of the country than help ISIS! (though Syria does "support" Hezbollah, which may be the reason they wanted rid of Assad so much?)

* The Iraqi army was legendary for its crapness, with soldiers surrendering when US forces came along. How is it when they turn into religious nutters sleeping in caves, they become so unafraid of the West all of a sudden?!

St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:45 pm

My rant was so bad that some kind soul has posted offering me drugs! Thanks, MilokGeld! :D
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Don't get me wrong, there are technological advancements from the military that have benefited the public as well. But why support an increase on a budget that is already trumping (har har) everything else? We have the most bloated defense spending in the world, why throw MORE money at it? It makes no sense to advocate such a thing when you can allocate (which is the keyword here) some of that into things like more affordable college education. Sometimes people have no choice but to enroll in places like ROTC because of the promises to pay full tuition.

Trump just sounds attractive cause it sounds like he isn't part of the status quo. But I'm sorry, an abrasive and xenophobic candidate is only going to cause more damage to this country. Especially with an extensive history of failure and generally being wrong about issues (remember the birther thing? He brought it back and he got shut down by Obama himself). Not to mention his lack of a solid plan on ANYTHING.

He's in it for the title. He can care less about this country and its citizens. That's why his whole campaign is a circus and people are eating it up cause they are scared, they had enough, and they're looking for someone to blame.

Sounds a little familiar to something. I can't put my finger on it.

We don't need clown candidates or career politicians. We need a complete overhaul of the government. I wouldn't be surprised at all that a new revolution is brewing right now. A real one. One with serious repercussions because of all the bullshit we had to endure for this long.

Kenny has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Ziming » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:16 pm

=P~

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:31 pm

Trump vs Hitler..? :lol:

Americans wouldn't stand for that sorta authoritarianism anyway I bet, wasn't the guns part of the constitution set up for that purpose, pretty much?

I dunno. I'd still choose Trump over that sleazy nutjob Ted Cruz anyday! Though I'd probably also still choose Hitler over Ted Cruz any day, too. :lol:

St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:34 pm

Hitler and his dastardly little pan-global escapade that got everyone involved probably contributed more to scientific development than at any other point in history. Just sayin'. ;-)

(the developments weren't worth the losses though. IMO.)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby santino » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:51 pm

I'm on a weeklong fruit and nut diet and I'm HUNGRY
santino
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:51 pm

Kenny wrote:We don't need clown candidates or career politicians. We need a complete overhaul of the government.

This is what I have been trying to get through everyones heads. This is why I encourage people to not vote and not participate in the broken system that we currently have because it will never change if we continue to support it. I dont like this feeling of desperation every voter in the United States feels around election time. There is no excuse to not have a good leader voted in every time, that is indifferent to the smaller issues, but knows how to make sure the important things are taken care of and this country is ran efficiently for the rich and the poor.

They need to do away with the political parties all together, people need to make more of an effort to try to see and understand the other persons view point and also do away with the candidate debates that have gotten absolutely disgusting over the past few elections. Who wants to watch these people point fingers are each other for hours? I mean give these guys a little room to breath and make a composed statement, take the pressure OFF of them dont put it on them. Candidates should be judged by their thoughts and ideas individually, this is not a sport, this is the future of our country there should be no competition in the minds of the candidates and its horrible watching these people attack each other for a shot at the "title" as Kenny put it.

I could go on and on...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:59 pm

You're right. The people who are most likely to become politicians/most WANT to become politicians, are the people who should least be given such power. Same as forum moderators, really.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Mr357 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:21 pm

Kenny wrote:
Don't get me wrong, there are technological advancements from the military that have benefited the public as well. But why support an increase on a budget that is already trumping (har har) everything else? We have the most bloated defense spending in the world, why throw MORE money at it? It makes no sense to advocate such a thing when you can allocate (which is the keyword here) some of that into things like more affordable college education. Sometimes people have no choice but to enroll in places like ROTC because of the promises to pay full tuition.

Trump just sounds attractive cause it sounds like he isn't part of the status quo. But I'm sorry, an abrasive and xenophobic candidate is only going to cause more damage to this country. Especially with an extensive history of failure and generally being wrong about issues (remember the birther thing? He brought it back and he got shut down by Obama himself). Not to mention his lack of a solid plan on ANYTHING.

He's in it for the title. He can care less about this country and its citizens. That's why his whole campaign is a circus and people are eating it up cause they are scared, they had enough, and they're looking for someone to blame.

Sounds a little familiar to something. I can't put my finger on it.

We don't need clown candidates or career politicians. We need a complete overhaul of the government. I wouldn't be surprised at all that a new revolution is brewing right now. A real one. One with serious repercussions because of all the bullshit we had to endure for this long.

I recommend you watch one of his rallies some time, and or check out his detailed proposals on his website. It sounds to me like you just don't know that much about him or his platform.

The whole "xenophobic" label is a meme. He's only against illegal immigration.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:17 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Trump vs Hitler..? :lol:

Americans wouldn't stand for that sorta authoritarianism anyway I bet, wasn't the guns part of the constitution set up for that purpose, pretty much?

I dunno. I'd still choose Trump over that sleazy nutjob Ted Cruz anyday! Though I'd probably also still choose Hitler over Ted Cruz any day, too. :lol:

Ted Cruz is worse. Pretty much all the other candidates are too. Republicans are having alot of infighting and its tarnishing the reputation of the party. The Hitler analogy is extreme as there are a few comparisons to it, but Trump is smarter than that. Alot of these people in high positions are. They know how not to rile up people to the point of breaking, which has been slowly working up until now. Americans are subservient up to a point.

Mr357 wrote:I recommend you watch one of his rallies some time, and or check out his detailed proposals on his website. It sounds to me like you just don't know that much about him or his platform.

The whole "xenophobic" label is a meme. He's only against illegal immigration.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

Banning muslims from entering the US is not a stance against illegal immigration. It's fear mongering.

Tweeting an incorrect set of statistics on black on black crime and then backing out on it is just careless. Also pretending to not know who David Duke is before finally disavowing his support when pressed.

And of course generalizations on Mexicans. He tries to pretty it up with the ol' "I have great respect for Mexico and love their people and their peoples’ great spirit" statement but we all know what he's really emphasizing.

These are just a few examples. As for his policies, I misspoke. He does have detailed plans on certain things like the tax plan and medical care plan on the site there, but on other things like foreign policy he doesn't have much of a clue on. Plus he also has answers like these:

Fix Our Broken Mental Health System

Let’s be clear about this. Our mental health system is broken. It needs to be fixed. Too many politicians have ignored this problem for too long.

All of the tragic mass murders that occurred in the past several years have something in common – there were red flags that were ignored. We can’t allow that to continue. We need to expand treatment programs, because most people with mental health problems aren’t violent, they just need help. But for those who are violent, a danger to themselves or others, we need to get them off the street before they can terrorize our communities. This is just common sense.

And why does this matter to law-abiding gun owners? Once again, because they get blamed by anti-gun politicians, gun control groups and the media for the acts of deranged madmen. When one of these tragedies occurs, we can count on two things: one, that opponents of gun rights will immediately exploit it to push their political agenda; and two, that none of their so-called “solutions” would have prevented the tragedy in the first place. They’ve even admitted it.

We need real solutions to address real problems. Not grandstanding or political agendas.

While he's correct that it's more of a mental health issue (among other things like glorification of violence by the American media), he doesn't detail HOW exactly he would solve it. The underlined part is the only thing that remotely mentions a solution but it's without a throughout explanation.

He also has that reputation from his debates of just meandering. Put him in front of other people arguing and you really see how much of it was written by other people and how much of it was proposed by him. If that ain't a trait of a typical politician, not sure what is.

I also want to say, I don't like Hillary at all either. She lies alot about her stance on the issues just as much if not more. It's more of a sad testament to how fucked American politics have gotten, even the comedy skits made from them don't really need to satirize too much.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby shredingskin » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:03 pm

phpBB [video]
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:46 pm

Kenny wrote:
I also want to say, I don't like Hillary at all either. She lies alot about her stance on the issues just as much if not more. It's more of a sad testament to how fucked American politics have gotten, even the comedy skits made from them don't really need to satirize too much.

Yep, it's more or less the same here (in terms of the sorts of dishonest cunts we get to vote for), but it's like a proper huge thing over there, and quite a bit nastier and more Christian-religion biased it seems too. We're heading the same way though I feel, (like turning it all into an even bigger media circus, and how something one of them said when they were 23 is meant to be an issue we all get outraged at, etc.) minus the Bible stuff, since America now seems to be our cultural leader in quite a lot of ways.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic