Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Rakim » Tue May 06, 2014 6:38 pm

I saw a guy use a pay-phone today. That's still a thing.

Rakim has received a thanks from: OL
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Thief » Wed May 07, 2014 5:19 am

phpBB [video]

Thief has received 2 thanks from: OL, Rakim
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SaM_4000 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:48 am

Today I was talking to a customer at work, and eventually our conversation somehow drifted into talking about how kids game-shows these days are terrible (atleast here in Australia) and we ended up talking about the greatest kids game-show of all time which is A*MAZING! It was such a great game show, which featured all kinds of games.

It starts off with it's educational aspect as was the standard with these kind of shows, then we move onto a head to head video game show down with has everyone from the players school chanting/screaming their name! and at the end of the show the maze, which as a kid I always, always wanted to be on the game-show just so I could enter that maze. The games that featured were always SNES games such as Mario Kart, Bubsy & Unirally. The prizes for A*MAZING were always cool too, not like today's kids game-shows where they win a dictionary or some science book :???:

Anyway, I decided to look A*MAZING up on youtube and the introductions are quite funny to watch, but at 3:36 into this below clip I was extremely disturbed by what the girl from the yellow teams answer for "Would like to meet" in her profile is.

phpBB [video]

:lol: Why didn't the producers or whatever not allow the girl to have that as a an answer for "would like to meet" I imagine she probably got some grief at school for that.
SaM_4000
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Rakim » Wed May 07, 2014 7:00 am

Thief wrote:
phpBB [video]

That's weird. I watched that exact video just yesterday. hive mind.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed May 07, 2014 5:10 pm

Rakim wrote: I saw a guy use a pay-phone today. That's still a thing.

Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Wed May 07, 2014 10:23 pm

^As if he wasn't already easy to spot as Clark Kent.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Sonikku » Wed May 07, 2014 11:35 pm

phpBB [video]

Sonikku has received 3 thanks from: OL, Raithos, wude
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Fri May 09, 2014 8:05 pm

Perfect example of why you should make your Photobucket albums private when you post from them. Solid fucking gold right here. BURNING KNUCKLE! :rotflmao:
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Fri May 09, 2014 8:40 pm

The first short for [project desert] - the prologue is underway.

Callbacks are happening this Sunday, the outline has been written and finalized, and the budget has been secured. Next big thing is figuring out how we can achieve two major scenes, but I'm excited for this first part of the entire project.

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Ziming » Sat May 10, 2014 12:24 am

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: Kenny
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat May 10, 2014 5:52 am

Just been told I need to wear glasses..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat May 10, 2014 7:33 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:Just been told I need to wear glasses..

I was told that years ago too by an American optomitrist, I declined a perscription. I've worn one of my friends glasses to test myself out, suprisingly his lenses were perfect for me and I could see sharper and farther.. did that mean I ran out and got glasses though? Hello no. My vision noticably improved but without glasses I can still see pretty damn well. I can easily see objects enough at any distance and still see big differences in games, movies, writing, photos etc.
Then I moved to Japan and had another eye test recently. They gave me a result of 20/20 vision.. HAH!
No way im about to inconvience my life for such a small difference and in turn gain a dependence on them fucking up my eyes further.

imo. Fight the man over it. Delay it until it effects your safety, not the difference between 240 and 360 resoution. Everything is in HD these days anyways and your phone has a 20mp camera just like mine.
You're strait as is until you know for sure you're not.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat May 10, 2014 12:29 pm

I have worn glasses full-time but this was only for a year or so when I was in primary school.

It came as quite a shock when I was told, since I've always been told my eyes have been good enough for everyday activities. It seems my left eye has faded too much and my right eye has to strain to compensate for it. I've noticed recently how I got headaches whilst driving, but I just put that down to concentrating. Since I hadn't done for about three years until now.

Apparently my left eye is shaped like a rugby ball..

Seemed quite a rushed thing to me. I had to choose between five metal frames or two plastic pairs. Ended up with black plastic.

Since I had an errands day today, I had a conversation with the barber about it after my visit to the opticians. She can't wait to see me in them \:D/
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Sat May 10, 2014 3:26 pm

phpBB [video]

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Axm
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Jokatech19 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:40 pm

Tomorrow I get evaluated for the 2nd time in 3 weeks for my performance in on-job training. Not only did the filthy administrator who retired corruptly make a deal that involved fabricating the first one, but his replacement has been threatened to follow suit. I can't wait for this show to start. I won't get angry. I will however put a stop to things one way or another. Both my yearly evaluation, and my training evaluation were wickedly fixed to move a girl related to an administrator into the prospective position. It also doubles as a means of padding my folder with more nonsense to usher my firing. Because I'm not gullible and have had somewhat of a hand in exposing the corrupt dealing there, they've had it out for me for a while. I always knew this day would come.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: AC: Revelations

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic