Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:20 am

Henry Spencer wrote: Never a dull moment there, eh Riku? :lol:

Whatever happened with the suicidal woman and her bitchy work "colleagues", by the way? I can see things going down with you fighting the entire corporation at this rate (sounds like a lot of people where you work are straight up selfish wankers, who put their careers before anything else (even other people's lives, to get ahead), to be quite honest).

She was off on holiday when I reported it and when she came back they just had a chat with her too see if she was alright. They couldn't tell me what was said for confidential reasons but ever since she's avoided me like the plague so she clearly knows what I told senior management. I can live with that though as I only had her best interests in mind, there also just isn't much else I can do. Nothing really happened with the colleagues though as all that happened was they got annoyed at me for saying something which resulted in a simple fuck off from myself.

I don't think it's just my work as I see selfish people all the time everywhere. I've always been someone who will stand up and say something when I think something needs to be said. If I open a door for someone and they don't say thank you I normally sarcastically say you're welcome just to show how rude I think they are, it always makes me laugh that they look at you like you're the rude one and never say anything. I sort of feel like a dog owner teaching people the right way to behave, now I just need to think of a suitable punishment for someone who lays their hands on a woman.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby redline » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:10 pm

david bowie playing one of his first ever songs. -
phpBB [video]
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:38 am

Conversation I just had with an old Japanese man sitting next to me on the train..

Man: "Where are you from?"
Me: "America."
Man: Ah..right now politics are very big deal ya?
Me: Yes politics are always a big deal there.
Man: You have 24 hour cable news stations that never stop showing Donald Trump ya? He's always a topic ya?
Me: Yes he has a big mouth, so news stations make alot of money from showing him because people keep watching what he will say next. Its like a car accedent. Its bad but people cant look away.
Man: Only in America ya?
Me: Only in America.

After that I realized wow, an old Japanese man from the WW2 era understands what makes America tick more then many actual Americans.

Axm has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, Lan Di-sama
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Thief » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:47 am

Axm wrote: Conversation I just had with an old Japanese man sitting next to me on the train..

Man: "Where are you from?"
Me: "America."
Man: Ah..right now politics are very big deal ya?
Me: Yes politics are always a big deal there.
Man: You have 24 hour cable news stations that never stop showing Donald Trump ya? He's always a topic ya?
Me: Yes he has a big mouth, so news stations make alot of money from showing him because people keep watching what he will say next. Its like a car accedent. Its bad but people cant look away.
Man: Only in America ya?
Me: Only in America.

After that I realized wow, an old Japanese man from the WW2 era understands what makes America tick more then many actual Americans.

I read everything that Japanese man said in a Minnesotan accent because it kept ending in "ya" lol

Thief has received 3 thanks from: Amir, Axm, Lan Di-sama
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:06 am

To be honest politics in USA seems pretty immature to anyone looking, 2 parties that pretty much just say the same shit in a different costume, ends up in a popularity contest.

Sadly it's too easy not to fall for a demagogy.

And Argentina is corrupt as fuck, I don't think there was a president since 1989 that shouldn't be on jail (including this new one).

For some reason I had a dream about bernie sanders trying to get a really hot girl "vote" talking in a bar about new age shit.

I would love to see how the experimentation with trump goes there, since I don't care. But sadly, as history knows, it'll only create a more polarized global situation, and that will lead to new -isms and stupid fanatism that I don't care about.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:50 pm

The headlines over here are saying that he could be in with a real chance, too!

Was he serious about..."The Great Wall of Mexico"??
And if so, even the bit about wanting Mexico to pay for it!?
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:24 pm

Is banned member Reptile yet another BroSauce alter-ego?
If so, he's got a high boredom thresh hold, I vaguely remember Peter saying he found he had about four separate accounts at one point, all created in one evening IIRC! :lol:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:30 pm

phpBB [video]

WOW didn't know that shit about TED...

WTF, the world is crazy.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Calshot » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:58 pm

Patiently waiting for the next installment of the Riku Saga.

Calshot has received a thanks from: Axm
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Mr357 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:15 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: The headlines over here are saying that he could be in with a real chance, too!

Was he serious about..."The Great Wall of Mexico"??
And if so, even the bit about wanting Mexico to pay for it!?

He's been talking about a wall since at least 2012. I know because I heard about it and many of his other opinions on a radio show I used to listen to frequently. If we would stop giving the illegals free shit they would stop coming for the most part, but a wall is still a pretty solid preventative measure.

If it were built, Mexico would pay for it, or else we'd likely sanction/cut off trade and tourism. Nobody except Trump talks about it, but Mexico really is making a fortune off of all the companies that are moving their operations there. They can afford the wall.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kenny » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:23 am

Listened to the Pokemon First Movie soundtrack for the first time in years.

Felt like a kid again. I really miss this kind of music, they honestly don't make them like they used to.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:52 am

Calshot wrote: Patiently waiting for the next installment of the Riku Saga.

Sitting on my break at work. It ain't pretty. More details soon.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:26 pm

...Well? :-"

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: myshtuff
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:28 pm

Ok guys here's your update. Couldn't do it yesterday as I didn't get in until past midnight.

The story so far:

Riku Rose wrote: Sit down children it's story time.

Well last night I went to some industry award show for my work, not really my thing but I got 10 free beer vouchers and it was £29 for the hotel across the road from the event so I was happy with that . So we're all sat on our tables and I'm sat next to a woman who is my boss's, boss's, boss's, boss's daughter (Who we will call Sandra) who also works with us. The two of us are having a good time joking about as we're in the corner and neither one of us give a single care about the award ceremony.

After the awards ceremony a mate of mine comes up to me and says that someone (Who we will call Jason) has said if I don't stay away from her he's going to start something. I know Jason as he works in my department and he likes Sandra but all he did was take her to McDonalds about 2 months back which is just laughable. I brush this off as the guy couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag and everyone splits up anyway and does their own thing for a couple of hours.

So a few hours later me and a friend rock up to the bar to get a drink and Sandra is there crying. I ask what's going on and it turns out that Jason had grabbed her and tried to take her outside, apparently he was also looking for me at this point. People hurting women is up there as one of the main things that drives me mad and if it wasn't a work event I'd have put a glass across his face. I tell her to stick with me and start telling others to try and get him to leave early as the two of them where meant to be leaving on the same coach home together, yet no one seemed to give a fuck. She's in tears still and no one wants to help or deal with the guy who just assaulted a woman as 'they want to enjoy their night'.

I was a pretty angry guy for the rest of the night. I just kept her away from him and had her crash at my hotel rather then get on a coach with him and a bunch of people who seem to not care if he hurts her. Some of these people who weren't even helping are her so called friends who I later found out told her to stay away from me at the beginning of the night when I was the only fucker who actually seemed to care about her well being. As the night went on the shit stirrers came up and was saying they heard I was going to fight Jason which was a load of bollocks.

What was going to be a nice free night will probably result in HR Monday.
How fun...

So the weekend went along as normal.

Monday: I went in and did my normal thing and strolled into work about 10 minutes before my shift and got settled in. Jason was already there and was just looking straight on at his PC the entire time and didn't look up. Of course I had the normal thing of people coming up and asking what happened and hearing the chinese whispers that had spread, this is an office of about 500 people and only about 15 actually witnessed anything. Some people tried to pass it off as a drunken incident but I don't care how drunk you are you don't lay your hands on a woman. The office gossip said that I was just trying to get Sandra back to my hotel to sleep with her to people behind my back. Once I found this out I told her she should focus more on her own sex life since she confessed on Friday night while drunk that she only has sex with her boyfriend once a week.

Sandra didn't come in and it turns out that she had actually booked that day off before any of this had actually happened so I wasn't to worried. The day went by with nothing out of the ordinary and while speaking to my manager who is a really nice and top guy I found out he was so drunk he didn't actually know anything that had happened until I told him. Still nothing happened and I assumed this was because they wanted to speak to Sandra first. The whole day went by and Jason didn't look away from his screen once and the moment his shift was finished he was out the door.

I went home and text Sandra that night as I wanted to speak to her in person to make sure she was ok but obviously couldn't since she wasn't in. She then told me that Jason had been texting her over the weekend calling her a massive slut and asking who she is going to fuck next. She had also ended up with some nasty bruises from the Friday night. I told her she needs to really press for something to happen as that is fucked up. I've included a part of the text conversation for you guys but obviously edited parts out like names. This actually didn't make me feel good but made me feel a little sad.

In the end she asked me to speak to my manager as she was too scared.

Tuesday: I started an hour before Sandra's shift and straight away I pulled my manager aside and explained the texts she had received and how this clearly can't just be seen as a drunken incident. Soon after this he was pulling a lot of higher up people into offices. When she came in they soon pulled her in to discuss what was going on.

She came out after awhile on the verge of tears and ran straight for the women toilets. I didn't get the chance to talk to her that day as our shifts and lunches didn't match up. Nothing has happened yet but something is in motion. Yet again the whole day Jason didn't look away from his screen again...

Wednesday: Today was more normal. She informed me at some point in the day that she was upset as some dick in her team kept joking about it. I pulled him aside and said if he thinks it's funny to make fun of a woman who's been assaulted then I can assault him and see how much he laughs.

I talked with her in the car park for 90 minutes after work as it was the first time we've really got to have a real chat in person since. She seems fine but is obviously shaken up by the whole thing.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby redline » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:46 am

phpBB [video]

redline has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, Raithos
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext