New Members Introduce Yourself!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Postby allenwood » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:57 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: Welcome to the Dojo, Master John and Allen. :)

Thanks man :D
allenwood
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Nothing

Postby Enigma » Thu May 18, 2017 7:54 am

Hi. Enigma here (chose the username because I enjoy their music). I’ve been checking this site for news for a while now. I was active on Shenmue UK for a bit and was involved in the #BuildingTheList collage with Stare and Sweaty a while back but have been rubbish with social media/forums ever since. My reason for joining the Dojo now is because the thread ‘Doing something nice for Shenmue III team’ appealed to me and I wanted to make an effort and chip in.

Exposition dump: I discovered Shenmue when my brother-in-law bought me the first game for my Dreamcast back in 2001. I then got Shenmue 2 on Xbox and I've loved the series ever since. My earliest gaming memories include playing Super Star Wars, Panzer Dragoon and Die Hard Arcade with my brother. I’m just as passionate about games today and I still can't quite believe that Shenmue 3 is intended to release this winter! \:D/ Anyway, hi.

Enigma has received a thanks from: Mr357
Enigma
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: SWOTOR

Postby Amihama0468 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:12 am

I've been a long-time reader here, going back about 10 years. Always kept checking back here for news on Shenmue III, and finally the dream will come true! June 15th 2015 is a day that I will always remember :)

I've been gaming as my main hobby ever since I was 6. Had never played before I went to one of my dad's friends house. His son had a Playstation, and I played the original Crash Bandicoot. I was hooked instantly and my parents bought me a Playstation that Christmas.

Yet it wasn't until my brother got a Dreamcast for Christmas in 1999 that I started playing RPG's and more sophisticated games (only played Sports, Racing and platformers on PS1). Through reading the Official Dreamcast Magazine I became aware of Shenmue.

At first I mocked it for having a silly name, but I eventually read an article about Shenmue in detail which intrigued me. I still remember buying my first copy in the store (unfortunately no longer open) and bringing it home. By the time the first cutscenes had finished, I knew the game was special. Shenmue and Shenmue II are my favourite games of those that I have ever played. And I have played them many, many times over the years (most recently last summer)

Roll on Shenmue 3 and (hopefully) Shenmue HD!
Amihama0468
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Ryo & Nazomi » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi guys. As you can see I accidentally misspelled Nozomi in my Username (you can TELL I'm a newbie lol). Can somebody fix that for me? I got introduced to Shenmue back in 2002 or 2003 (I think) by my godparents' children (my "godbrothers" and "godsister")
Ryo & Nazomi
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: To be revealed...
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Syphon Filter

Postby darkfalz » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:59 pm

Hey guys. Not sure why it took me so long to join. Long time Dreamcast fans may remember me, as I was involved in the scene a little (although long after the Dreamcast was dead) writing a number of tools, hosting sorts and even releasing a number of much improved rips under the "Perfect Series" label. My favourite of these was of course Shenmue II, where I managed to keep most of the stuff the original scene release ripped out, including (some) free mode speech and all free mode subtitles. It was so much fun figuring that stuff out although it surely cost me a fortune in blank CDs testing it. This was also back in the day where you ripped games over serial cable at gzipped 115kbit lol.

Eagerly anticipating Shenmue III and hoping Shenmue I / II HD come out this year in time to play them.
darkfalz

Steam: darkfalz79

Postby moon_child » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:01 am

New person! Lurked for awhile but decided to create an account. Moon child is my favorite Kowloon building so I chose it for my username.

moon_child has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
moon_child
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:32 am

Welcome! :D
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Nankeiro » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:10 pm

Welcome to all of you to the best Shenmue community!
Nankeiro
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Caralho das 5 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:41 am

Hey everyone!

Long time lurker but the new trailer convinced me to try and take part in the discussion :)
Caralho das 5
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: battlegrounds!

Postby Peter » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:58 pm

Yea good one. I suppose you are gonna deny this is another case of bullying "new" members, when in fact, they are banned members.

Peter has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby yuripuda » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Hello everyone! Just call me Yuri. I have been a shenmue fan since it's release. I watched my dad play I and II. I think I was 10 yrs old back then, my dad let me play from time to time and absolutely fascinated by it! I love japanese culture and when I play, it instantly transports me to 1980's japan. The graphics is amazing during the time. I recently played shenmue 1 again on my android phone (reicast) and ahh.. natsukashi!

I found out about Shenmue dojo during a google search after contributing to kickstarter.

I'm also a creator for The Sims game. I'm currently building a Duboita city in my game and creating the objects at the same time. Btw, are there 3d models here like the bell wood vending machine I can convert for my sims game? I will greatly appreciate it if someone could point me to the right direction. :)

Hopefully I can share some screen shots of the city when I'm done building it.

Nice to meet you all! Hope we can be friends and share our love for Shenmue! :D

yuripuda has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
yuripuda
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Sims

Postby Mr.Jigen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:08 am

Hello All been playing Shenmue for about two years now. I am fascinated by its world and characters. I just thought I'd join up here and talk with some like mined folks.
Mr.Jigen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: Onettown
Nintendo FC: Joeython
Steam: ThatOneGuyWhoPlaysGa
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:09 am

Welcome to the Dojo! :D
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby armed_waifu » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:43 pm

:rotflmao:
hello.
commodore fan first and foremost, on account of the music industry. :D
still waiting for shenmue 3, likely to materialize as getting struck by lightning.
anyway, have a good new year approach.
Conductor [syncopix]
phpBB [video]
armed_waifu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:42 am

armed_waifu wrote: :rotflmao:
hello.
commodore fan first and foremost, on account of the music industry. :D
still waiting for shenmue 3, likely to materialize as getting struck by lightning.

The good thing is, sometimes in life, lightning does strike! :D You do know Shenmue 3 has been in development for PC and PS4 for more than two years, don't you? :lol:
https://shenmue.link/?en
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic