New Members Introduce Yourself!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Postby JoyHazuki » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:20 pm

hey there
my name is jenny, i am 20 and from germany. :)
well i only played shenmue II because i am lacking a dc. i also like sega genesis games like sonic the hedgehog, crusader of centy and so on, but i also enjoy games like serious sam.
if you have any questions, feel free to ask :)
JoyHazuki
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mue 26 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi Jenny and welcome to the dojo, you'll find many Sonic and Sega fans around here along with the plethora of emotionally scarred Shenmue fans, so you should hopefully enjoy your stay. Seeing that your from Germany, have you heard of Shenmue's recent victory in that German gaming mag's online poll? That's the pride of the Shenmue fan community right now.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby JoyHazuki » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:03 pm

hey :)
yep, i heard about the game magazine voting and i am really proud :)
JoyHazuki
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby wude » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:07 pm

welcome to sd, jenny :nice!:
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby Rhino Hazuki » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:35 am

Hi All. I am new here and excited to find such an amazing community. I am a huge fan of the series and I was fortunate enough to be the lead tester on the game for Sega in the US. It was a daunting, but amazing project to be a part of. My wife has been and will be continuing to put some of the Shenmue stuff I was given on ebay over the coming weeks, so keep your eyes open for some cool stuff. She recently sold a couple of tees and a mug, but I just uncovered something pretty cool that we'll be putting up this week. Should be a great addition to a collection.
Rhino Hazuki
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:00 pm

^if you're just here to help sell your stuff, at least post the links when they're up, so we can see what cool stuff you have. ;-)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Rhino Hazuki » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:54 am

Hahaha. Good point. I am honestly here because I am excited to see there is such a strong community around this franchise. Hopefully I'll be able to share some good stories etc.

We did just put this up though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261318407456?ss ... 1423.l2649
Rhino Hazuki

Postby Rakim » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:33 am

Welcome to the Dojo.

So Mr. Mike Rhinehart, if that is your real name, what other Dreamcast games did you work on? Did you meet Suzuki-san? And if so, what did he smell like? Did you meet any other video game related "celebrities" from that era? Did they give you any weird parameters/instructions/whatever when you were testing the game.

The sooner you cough up the stories of shenmue-related badassery that you have, the sooner we can bully Let's Get Sweaty into posting your ebay link on his shenmue facebook page.

Rakim has received a thanks from: Rhino Hazuki
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rhino Hazuki » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi there and thank you. The short answer is yes to all of that. Should I take the discussion to another forum? I don't want to break any etiquette.

Also if you look in the credits on the manual they misspelled my name "Rhineheart" vs "Rhinehart" which I actually liked and let them leave it.

I just shared with someone via pm. One funny Suzuki-san story I have is that I dropped a VMU on his foot when I first met him. I was prepping to go on a trip across the country to demo the game for the press so I had about 10 VMUs with different save files I'd bring with me everywhere. I had to demo each save for him so he could approve of what I was showing. When I walked up to him to introduce myself, I dropped one of the 10 VMUs on his foot. I think the 4X memory card was still being tested at the time so I didn't have the luxury of using one of those. :)

Rhino Hazuki has received 4 thanks from: Axm, MiTT3NZ, NeoShredder, Rakim
Rhino Hazuki

Postby Axm » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:15 pm

Ahah! Thats great. Nice to have you here Rhino.

Axm has received a thanks from: Rhino Hazuki
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:16 pm

So you have met the hallowed man himself! But yeah, what did he smell like? Any more stories you could share? Maybe you should start a thread for all your stories?

I dropped one of the 10 VMUs on his foot.

I bet that hurt!

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Rhino Hazuki
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rhino Hazuki » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:05 pm

I am more than happy to. Where should I move it? I can't recall if there was a distinct smell... you guys are so funny. I do recall that he commanded the room with silent wisdom. He is a great listener, and when he spoke everyone hung each and every single one of his words. Did anyone else on these forums work on the game? I have to say I had the greatest group of testers working under me on this. I had roughly 20 people and 20 of the smartest people I know. One of my testers was focused solely collecting all items from the vending machine. Also, when I thought we were done with the project and was feeling a sense of accomplishment, I got hit with working on the strategy guide. That was a huge project, but I think it turned out great.

Rhino Hazuki has received 4 thanks from: Axm, MiTT3NZ, mue 26, St. Elmo's Fire
Rhino Hazuki

Postby mue 26 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:15 pm

Just start up a thread in the Shenmue forum, or in the general section, or anywhere :)

Also, much respect and love towards you guys and your contribution to my favourite game, but you guys fucked up and missed the forklift glitch that hit us gamers who enjoy driving the most efficient rout :P I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive you for that.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Rhino Hazuki
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby IrishNinja » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:06 pm

Howdy all! long time voyeur, first time caller - i imagine all the press this last year or so (Cerny reuniting with Suzuki, interviews etc) has everyone pretty hyped as well! It's been a great year for me Shenmue-wise, as I managed to get an early order in on the Ryo Hazuki LE statue first4figures put out, and recently found a copy of What's Shenmue? on the cheap to boot! also, the slight cold down here recently gave me a chance to wear the Hazuki sweater, haha.

Just wanted to associate with more Sega fans, as the official boards are kinda depressing in the Yakuza section lately & there's not enough spots like this. Thanks for having me and happy thanksgiving!

IrishNinja has received a thanks from: Yama
IrishNinja
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: TheIrishNinja
XBL: The NZA 2099
Nintendo FC: IrishNinja
Steam: The NZA
Currently playing: Guardian Heroes

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:11 pm

If you really were a ninja, you wouldn't have posted. Not the best of starts. However, the Wu-Tang logo in your avatar shows that you're not beyond redemption, just cut out the lies.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Raithos
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic