New Members Introduce Yourself!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: New member

Postby Tora-en » Sun May 06, 2018 9:30 pm

James Brown wrote: Welcome to the board dude :) nice to see a new Shenmue fan on the board! Looking forward to the 1 & 2 re-release, and also Shenmue 3 :P?

I'm definitely looking forward to the new re-release :D

I was looking for Shenmue action figures online but they're all sold out :cry:
Tora-en
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby James Brown » Mon May 07, 2018 5:42 pm

Tora-en wrote:
James Brown wrote: Welcome to the board dude :) nice to see a new Shenmue fan on the board! Looking forward to the 1 & 2 re-release, and also Shenmue 3 :P?

Ahh the ones from First4Figures dude? Occasionally they crop up on ebay, but people do like to inflate the price somewhat, especially since they're sold out like you said!
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Tora-en » Mon May 07, 2018 6:46 pm

James Brown wrote:
Tora-en wrote:

Ahh the ones from First4Figures dude? Occasionally they crop up on ebay, but people do like to inflate the price somewhat, especially since they're sold out like you said!

Yeah, I am so disappointed.
The only action figure of Ryo I found on eBay was a pre-owned one and it was nearly £600, completely out of my budget. I can't even find the toy with Ryo driving a forklift. :cry:

But I've got something more valuable to look forward to, a friend of mine who has a degree in clothing design and does tailoring is making me the same jacket Ryo wears, I can't wait to try it and take selfies :D

Tora-en has received a thanks from: James Brown
Tora-en
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Postby James Brown » Mon May 07, 2018 7:43 pm

Looking forward to seeing it :)

James Brown has received a thanks from: Tora-en
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Tora-en » Tue May 08, 2018 7:16 pm

James Brown wrote: Looking forward to seeing it :)

As soon as it's made, I'll upload a photo on here :D
Tora-en
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Roaming Miao » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:56 pm

Nyob zoo! (Hello)

New person on the block.
Quick story intro time~

I was browsing the net when I saw an ethnic art piece portrayed on a character wearing a Miao(My people's) styled outfit from this IP. I decided to do more research into the background out of curiosity and the trail ultimately led me here. Long story short...I love the amount of resources I can find here and felt a little guilty for not saying hello and giving sum kind of thanks. :)

Never knew such a pretty gem as this franchise existed. :-o
Roaming Miao
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby DigitalDuck » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:29 pm

Figured I should actually join this place at some point...

Some of you will know me from Peter's streams; some of you will know me as the guy who breaks Shenmue II spectacularly with glitches (images relevant) and otherwise performs strange experiments in the game; some of you will know me as the WR holder for speedrunning Shenmue; and one of you will know me as the guy who streams an annual fullrun of the series going as slow as I can (that means walking everywhere) and getting as much dialogue as possible.

ImageImage

But most of you won't know me, so:

I'm DigitalDuck. I've been a fan of the series since I first played it in 2001 and I've been waiting for the third game ever since. It's not my favourite game or series, but it's probably the one I've devoted the most time to, knowing most of the game inside and out (but still finding new things with every playthrough, because it's Shenmue and that's what happens).

I'm a freelance programmer currently writing code to control robots for a living; I have a crap snake clone on the Play Store, and a Twitch bot that does a ton of stuff that I work on in my own time; despite this, my main areas of expertise are actually in procedural generation and AI. I'm also a pianist who occasionally performs in bars when I need the extra cash. I have a working proficiency in Japanese and travel every year to Shibukawa for the heso matsuri (setting off again next month!).

I'm an avid gamer, especially when it comes to arcade racers and other old-school arcade games. I've 1cc'd Space Harrier, Hang On, and OutRun (but not After Burner) among others. Sometimes I stream on Twitch (at the moment I'm doing a world cup prediction game - but that'll be done in three weeks) and sometimes I'll post random crap on YouTube.

DigitalDuck has received a thanks from: James Brown
DigitalDuck
Asia Travel Representative

XBL: DuckProgrammer
Currently playing: Life

Postby Jibby » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:21 pm

Good to see you on here Duck!
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby James Brown » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:39 pm

Welcome to the board finally Duckie :)
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby xatruio » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:12 pm

Ahoy hoy. First post in nearly a decade...! Highly doubt anyone remembers me whatsoever.

Lurked rarely since E3 2015. Caught wind of the strong rumors before I&II were announced (and had been following the slow trickle of fan service hints by Sega Europe past couple years), so I began lurking daily around late March/early April.

Stopped posting because my second favorite series--Metal Gear--was still in its prime and had yet to be ruined by MGS4 and MGS5 (PW and GZ are true 4+5 for my purist fandom). Also, Shenmue Online fizzled and the Shenmue III 360 fake announcement totally hooked me. Especially after the Kikizo interview, I was really let down. Then, the subsequent revelation about Microsoft's cancelled XBOX E3 2004 plans, although my memory fails if maybe we all knew back then, or if it was only somewhat recently discovered?

Never stopped playing, collecting or loving Shenmue better than any and all games ever, though. Not to harp on a very old and annoying inaccurate comparison, but Yakuza held me over until Shenmue 3. Great games and have become a favorite with the likes of Ico/MGS/Shenmue.

Kickstarted $250 for the illustration art book; debating an upgrade to get Yu's signature. Been my plan all along to slacker back under a different email before it closes later this summer, in addition to pre-order at a GameStop when the time comes next year.

Pre-ordered one XB and one PS4 copy of I+II at my now-local GameStop. For nostalgia's sake; one more PS4 copy each at my two childhood stores where I used to buy my Dreamcast games and originally bought Shenmue. Keeping the XB and a PS4 copy wrapped for collection, one PS4 to play, one PS4 to spare as a borrow copy for friends and probably buy one or two more as a gift to my cousin and bros.
xatruio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

A new Legend enters the fold!

Postby Eneath » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:24 am

Alas! I have arisen! It is I, Eneath [Pronounciation: 'E' like the letter E; 'neath' like "beneath" or "knee-th"], the Prince of Darkness!

Hello everyone! As you may be able to tell, I did NOT get the worm. I just this day discovered this website even existed! I say, "existed" instead of "exists" as I've been a fan of the Shenmue legend ever since I played the masterpiece, Shenmue II, on the Xbox thanks to a friend of mine bringing it over back when I was a young teen. Unfortunately I never had the great honor of playing the 1st Shenmue but just from thoroughly experiencing 'Shenmue II' time and time again I can see the franchise having the potential of being amongst my Top 3 favorite franchises of all time right there with 'Kingdom Hearts' and the '.Hack' series.
I am most pleased to witness the 2nd coming for Shenmue II and am highly anticipating experiencing the start of the series for the 1st time. I was most greatful that Shenmue II included a movie of what happened in Shenmue (I). Having this come to my attention I humbly Pre-Ordered 'Shenmue I & II HD' on Amazon at 20% off as a Prime user. I also will be donating to the Kickstarters of 'Shenmue III' and 'A Gamer's Journey: The Definitive History of Shenmue' by the 9th of August.

In the meantime from now until Friday I will be trying to experience this site as much as possible leading up to its funeral. Afterwards, may I see you all again on the other side.
Eneath

PSN: Eneath
Currently playing: Call of Duty: WWII

Previous

Return to Off Topic