New Members Introduce Yourself!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Postby armed_waifu » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:50 am

:P
yes, very much aware.
it's the finished product i'm concerned with.
sometime before i DIE!
got the first two parts of the story on retail for dreamcast and s2 for xbox original.
wanna see lan di get his dues... :evil:
armed_waifu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:14 am

:lol:

I'm so gonna avoid any gaming-related websites around the time S3 will come out. I'm just super-scared of spoilers. From what it looks like now, Lan Di is by far not the final boss in Shenmue's story, so I think it's very likely for Ryo to kick Lan Di's ass in S3. Bigger, more dangerous enemies will await in S4.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby abooboo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:55 am

Hi my name is abooboo im retarted ](*,)
abooboo
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Guess who

Postby Ryoga » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:15 pm

Okay it's been over 5 years since I last joined a forum, so i'm pretty rusty at intros, but anyways hello everyone.

So first off, the name's Ryoga, and obviously i'm a Shenmue fan. ;P Besides Shenmue i'm a big fan of other Sega Dreamcast titles like Phantasy Star Online, Skies of Arcadia, and the Sonic Adventure games to name a few. I also do online gaming, though Star Wars: The Old Republic is the only one I play on a regular basis. Anyways that's about it for my intro.

This place doesn't seem as active as it was a couple of years ago, but you still might see me around, so I'll see you when I see you. :D
Ryoga
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby slus » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:41 am

Hello. I have been a lurker since 2010 which was the first time I played Shenmue after finaly getting a fixed copy online for the DC. I had two older brothers which introduced me to the game and helped me experience it completely on my own and I can happily say it is my favourite game of all time. I then got Shenmue 2 (bro's original copy from 2001) and yeah... this is the better Shenmue game in my opinion. It's pacing was so much better with the time skip option it makes you wonder if it was going to be planned for Shenmue 1 in the first place but I guess not. Finally got to disc 4 and managed to experience Guilin, so beautiful! I was pumped when Shenmue 3 was announced in 2015 so I guess I only had to wait 5 years unlike fans from the beginning. I will be buying a PS4 solely for Shenmue 3 and it is definitely on my most anticipated games list. Other than Shenmue I generally like Yu Suzuki and Sega's other games but I mainly play fighters competetively (I'd like a new Virtua Fighter) but I think gaming in general is really good these days and really good developers finally making a comeback like Yu Suzuki.
slus
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami

Postby mauroxalt » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:55 am

Hi all.

This is a new account, but previously I had my old account but I can't log in I don't know why. What should I do to recover my old account (Username: maurox1988)?

Thank you.
mauroxalt
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby AM2SonicTeamFan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Hi everyone.

My name is Takeshi. I'm a Sega and Nintendo fan. In fact, I'm a hunter for the obscure. There's worlds of games we haven't seen yet (if at all). I also like anime and Power Rangers (up to the point of last year's movie, I was head banging and doing the Metal gesture twice as the Zords were charging toward Goldar (one not even in the theater)). I also love American Comic books too...
AM2SonicTeamFan
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Glejs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:03 am

Good evening, Glejs here. Big ShenMue fan, purchased both at release date and how Shen Mue 2 ended still feels like.. well shit. Looking forward to the 3rd installment! Other than that, I am mostly a retro gamer these days. My collection is concentrated towards the 16-bit era. Hobby musician since the mid 90s, I composed a few videogame music remixes waaay back in the days. Recently jumped on it again. You can listen, follow, subscribe and what not down below.
Glejs
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles

Postby Reublucian » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi all. I’m a long time lurker, and a long time Shenmue fan. Been a fan since I was a teenager. In my mid twenty’s now and I still find myself coming back to the Dreamcast for a replay here and there. There is even a Dreamcast sticker on my Macbook.

If anyone finds any fairly priced / steals for Shenmue merch feel free to PM me. I just got started trying to acquire some memorabilia from eBay and stuff like that. Anyways just saying hi and introducing myself!
Reublucian
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: sleep_dreams
Currently playing: Assasins Creed Origins

Postby KyoSune » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:40 am

Hello everyone! I used to have another name on these forums, but I forgot...

So here I am! A pleasure to meet all of you!... Again!
KyoSune
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Ashlives247
Steam: KyoSunbringerPrince
Currently playing: Shenmue (JPN Dub)

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:05 pm

KyoSune wrote: Hello everyone! I used to have another name on these forums, but I forgot...

So here I am! A pleasure to meet all of you!... Again!

If you have access to the email you used back then, your account can be restored. Get in touch with one of the admins.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby johnjohnbrem » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:56 pm

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking here for a loooong time but the recent announcement of the HD remakes made me register, at last!
What a time to be a shenmue fan!
johnjohnbrem
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: PUBG

Postby ProjektHate » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:19 am

Hell there, everyone!

I've technically been a member here for a while, but never actually posted. Mostly this is due to only having Internet access through my phone, and boards that aren't mobile-optimised can be difficult to deal with. However, I've decided to just deal with it and start being active. Lol

Anyway, my name is Ian, I'm 30 years old, and I've been a Shenmue fan forever. I remember my grandmother taking me to Toys'R'us to get me something as a reward for an exceptional school report card. While there, I came across a Dreamcast, which was heavily discounted at the time as it had already been discontinued. I believe it was around $50. Convincing her that it was a great price (which it was), she agrees to get I for me, along with a couple games. I grabbed Sonic Adventure and Tony Hawk Pro Skater... and the I saw this game called "Shenmue" hanging next to them. I had never heard of it, but I was intrigued by the strange name, the description on the back of the case, and the fact it was 4 discs long (my favorite PS1 games were all multi-disc), but it cost as much as the two games I already grabbed combined, and I really wanted those two games. Well, I don't remember how I did it, but I managed to talk my grandmother into getting me all three games.

Taking everything home, I set the console up and spent the next week or two playing Sonic Adventure through with every character, and beating my friends at Tony Hawk. Once I had exhausted everything Sonic had to give me, I finally popped Shenmue in to the console. The rest is pretty much history, and likely mirrors other people my age's experience with the game; it was unlike anything I'd ever experienced, and changed the way I looked at video games forever.

Anywho, that's all I got, since I don't want this turning into an essay. So hello again, fellow crazy people!
ProjektHate

PSN: ProjektH8
Currently playing: KotOR

Postby Tora-en » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi,
I'm a new guy to this forum.
I like video games a lot and proud to be a geek.
I only just recently discovered this website whilst Googling stuff about the Shenmue game series.

This is my first post and I'm new so I apologise if I'm doing anything wrong.

I'm 30 years old and from south east of England but currently residing in the countryside of north east England.
Surprisingly, I actually have studied martial arts in the past so I like a lot fighting video games.
I'm very good at drawing and create my own comics and graphic novels, though none are published and I'm not famous, they're all mostly handmade and still in the process of finishing.
Tora-en
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Re: New member

Postby James Brown » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:42 pm

Welcome to the board dude :) nice to see a new Shenmue fan on the board! Looking forward to the 1 & 2 re-release, and also Shenmue 3 :P?
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic