The Walking Dead [Superior Edition] Comic Series

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: The Walking Dead [Superior Edition] Comic Series

Postby Sailors? » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:23 pm

I'm still not sure. They're not completely different of course, and any deaths that happen in the comics may happen sometime in Season 4 of the show, I don't really want to read about it before seeing it on the screen. A TV show with good acting and a good score beats reading a comic book for me any day.

Regardless, I'll probably continue for another few issues.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:56 pm

Yama wrote:
Sailors? wrote: Just started reading, up to like issue 15 or something. Can't say I enjoy it as much as the TV show at the moment, things are happening way too fast, but maybe I'm just far too involved in the tv show now to even care about the comic. It's good reading sure but maybe it's just not my medium, not sure whether to carry on reading and risk ruining the tv plot (even though already they seem miles apart I don't want to ruin anything about the tv show, at all.) GAH.

A couple of things to remember:

The "fast pace" in the first fifteen or so issues was released over the span of one year and four months, not the hour or so it took to blow through them.

I can't imagine waiting 4 years to read what I did in about 1-2 weeks. When I catch up with the series I'm either going to forget loads of stuff waiting for each compendium or get annoyed reading a few pages every month.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby ShenmueTree » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:04 pm

I have no doubt in my mind that Rick will die long before the end of the comic. (Especially considering the latest issue)
Rick finally tells Carl that he's ready to fight and isn't gonna keep things from him anymore, that he needs him by his side. If that isn't setup for a future without Rick, then what?
Also, everyone says the prison was the best part but I disagree. I think the current arc is much more interesting. Though,
Tyreese's death affected me the most emotionally, actually could not read for a while after that issue and it's hard to go back to it.

Anyway, I thought the Governor was too cartoony in the comic and was really liking what they were doing with him in the show, until they totally fucked him up.

Issue 109 was great btw. Oh Fuck. The heat is on.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yama » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:05 am

ShenmueTree wrote:Also, everyone says the prison was the best part but I disagree. I think the current arc is much more interesting.

Issue 109 was great btw. Oh Fuck. The heat is on.

I agree, pretty much everything that followed has been more interesting. I loved the arc, don't get me wrong, though I feel the series is at it's best when on the road. As far as safe zones, I much prefer Alexandria and the arcs that overlap it.

And yeah, just finished #109 seconds ago. Hype cannot be contained for what is to come. So many twists!
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Yama » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:56 pm

Really happy to see the next Telltale game covering an unseen arc in the comic, that's superb. It'll hopefully give many the nudge they need to catch up on this spectacular series. There should be more on the game today at Comic Con too.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Locke_cole » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:01 pm

I never finished Telltale season 2 :(
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yama » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:07 am

Locke_cole wrote:I never finished Telltale season 2 :(

Stop slipping and do it. So good!
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Locke_cole » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:25 am

It happened right when the new consoles came out and yeah...thats my excuse :) i need to tho...i ithkn i played the first 3 episodes
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Previous

Return to Off Topic