North Korea clears military attack against the US.

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Postby mue 26 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:06 pm

I am saying saying they shouldn't be carried out though? No. I'm saying people should be provided with both sides of the argument fairly, free of the fear mongering bullshit that the mainstream currently force onto unwitting parents. From there, people can make their own conclusions based on balanced arguments and facts that they have heard. I don't think the current situation, where most people are only ever exposed to one side of the story, where fear mongering is rife, and where new parents are actually accused of being "negligent" by doctors for not wishing to vaccinate their children, is anywhere near a desirable state of affiars.
Last edited by mue 26 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby beedle » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:07 pm

I'm not an armchair scientist any more than you are. I do not lap up everything that I read, I have the ability to question and judge sources. The irony here is that the link between vaccines and autism was exacerbated and whipped up into a frenzy by none other than... the media.

Who is investigating the link between autism and vaccines? Plenty. there have been hundreds of studies, the vast majority of which have shown that there is no link. There was one published less than a fortnight ago. Although of course we should keep an open mind and judge everything with equal merit. Such as evolution/creationism and is the earth flat.

the fact is, stuff like this IS dangerous. because there even today there are kids dying because of this nonsense. it's awful. and i'm sorry for losing my temper a little earlier, but it genuinely upsets me.
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mue 26 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:25 pm

I'm not an armchair scientist any more than you are.

Of course, but the difference is that you seem utterly convinced in the safety of vaccinations, to the point where you seem to think that it's dangerous to even raise that question.

Who is investigating the link between autism and vaccines? Plenty. there have been hundreds of studies, the vast majority of which have shown that there is no link. There was one published less than a fortnight ago.

Oh yeah, no doubt there are reports coming out all the time, even one's that paint a less safe picture of vaccination. But I'm just a little dubious why one's that paint a less favourable picture so quickly get discredited all the time, and I'd also be curious to know, you know, little details like who is funding what study and so on. And like I said, would a well respected and prestigious scientific journal really publish a study if the results of said study could lead to the kind of "vaccination scare" that people like you are so afraid of? I'm not so sure they would.

the fact is, stuff like this IS dangerous. because there even today there are kids dying because of this nonsense.

Why is questioning the safety of vaccination any more dangerous than media advertisements that inform parents they are horrible people if they choose not to vaccinate their child? Because there are kids who have died due to that. Like the young girl with the cervical cancer jab. And how many kids in UK really die due to the questioning of such vaccinations? Have you got an actual figure?

I think it's nonsense that we should be afraid of looking at things from another angle or questioning things, whatever decision a parent makes is their decision. And I'm not suggesting we do away with vaccination. But I think we need to do away with the stigma attached to having debates or doubting vaccination, as these concerns are more than legitimate.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Stocke » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:23 pm

where new parents are actually accused of being "negligent" by doctors for not wishing to vaccinate their children, is anywhere near a desirable state of affiars.

But again there's no evidence that there's any link to developing autism. So yes, i think doctors should call parents idiots for not getting their children vaccinated. This topic was brought up originally in 1998 and still no solid link has been found.

If vaccines are proven to do more harm then good, then parents have a valid reason for debating whether or not their children should have them. However, they haven't.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sonikku » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Image

Nice to see the female soldiers have solid footwear.

Anyone who's been near a woman in high heels on a long night out will know the complaining it leads to. Now I'm just suggesting that maybe women should need a license to wear high heels and to obtain it you have to spend a year in the North Korean army.

They're Pumps and walking in them is immensely impractical during the best of times. Making soldiers wear them is just ridiculous and serves to highlight how much their military is built for show first and combat second.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:15 pm

Their hats don't even fit. Those uniforms need a dose of fabulous! Look at China!

Bluecast has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby mue 26 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:56 pm

Stocke wrote:
where new parents are actually accused of being "negligent" by doctors for not wishing to vaccinate their children, is anywhere near a desirable state of affiars.

But again there's no evidence that there's any link to developing autism. So yes, i think doctors should call parents idiots for not getting their children vaccinated. This topic was brought up originally in 1998 and still no solid link has been found.

If vaccines are proven to do more harm then good, then parents have a valid reason for debating whether or not their children should have them. However, they haven't.

Even if you disregard any potential link to autism, vaccinations do cause other side effects, this is a simple fact that no one denies, and parents already have a valid reason for debating vaccination. As I mentioned in my previous post a young girl died within hours of receiving a cervical cancer jab that she should not have been given. And maybe if there weren't things like radio adverts (that I myself heard, and I'll describe it to: We hear a mother who isn't fussed about her daughter getting the vaccination, we then hear a clip of her being informed her daughter has died and we hear the mother cry. A voice-over then informs us that it could have all been avoided is she were a responsible parent and made sure her daughter was vaccinated-sound like a nice informative ad to you, or blatant fear mongering? ) at the time intended to deliberately scare parents in the most disgusting way into giving their daughters that vaccination, such tragedies might have been avoidable. I don't think the anti-vaccination side should scare monger either, but I think doubt most definitely does need to be cast on whether or not vaccinations are always the right way to go, and there's nothing wrong with casting that doubt.

And if you really think parents should be called "idiots" for choosing not to vaccinate their own children, than I'd say your the idiot, just another absolutely clueless person who thinks he knows what's better for someone else. It's that simple.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Stocke » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:40 pm

This is something we're definitely not going to agree on. I can remember that young girl being on the news, and yes while her death was sad and unfortunate, it's also extremely rare.
Compare that to the number of lives that have been potentially saved by vaccinations.

If it was my child that had died from a vaccination, maybe i wouldn't have the same stance on the subject. So i do get what you mean.

However the positives far surpass the risks. By all means question the vaccinations, but until there is real evidence that a child is better off without them, It's something they should have.

And if you really think parents should be called "idiots" for choosing not to vaccinate their children, than I'd say your the idiot, just another absolutely clueless person who thinks he knows what's better for someone else. It's that simple.

You seem like someone who doesn't take anything at face value, which is a good trait to have. However in my opinion vaccinations have saved too many lives and prevented too many illnesses to be disregarded. You talk about fear mongering from the media in favor for vaccinations, however the exact same can be said for the complete opposite.

It really all comes down to opinion. If you think I'm idiot for what i think is correct, that's fine. However you haven't told me or shown me anything that wants me to change that opinion. Vaccines aren't mandatory, but if you decide that you don't want them done after weighing up risks and benefits then i think they're wrong. Almost every medical professional would think the same. It's that simple.
Last edited by Stocke on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bluecast » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:58 pm

What Shozo mentioned would make sense. I was diagnosed with a very mild case of Aspergers in 2011(April in fact) when at the mental ward. She was 43 when I was born. So older moms having kids having a link to Autism makes sense. I remember also reading they think one link is mothers who may contract the flu while pregnant. Course that does not mean all kids be born like that. But as a possible cause. Seems no one knows for sure yet and lot;s of theories and hypothesis. I can't comment on vaccinations as I been stuck with more needles in my life from doctors that would make a heroin addict jealous. So no idea if anything contributed or helped or no effect in those regards.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby redline » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:39 pm

i dont think there will be a war anytime soon. all that will happen is kim jong un will be heralded a hero by his own people for avoiding war.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mue 26 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Stocke wrote:
You talk about fear mongering from the media in favor for vaccinations, however the exact same can be said for the complete opposite.

I've already said I don't condone cheap scare mongering on any side of the argument, as it's all that rubbish that prevents a sensible level headed discourse from taking place. And I certainly wouldn't want to deride any parents who do choose to vaccinate their child. It's a contentious subject, and it's certainly not a clear cut one in which it's easy to ascertain the real truth of the matter, so I would absolutely respect either decision a parent would make on the matter.

It really all comes down to opinion. If you think I'm idiot for what i think is correct, that's fine. However you haven't told me or shown me anything that wants me to change that opinion. Vaccines aren't mandatory, but if you decide that you don't want them done after weighing up risks and benefits then i think they're wrong. Almost every medical professional would think the same. It's that simple.

Let me just restate, I think your an idiot for believing that parents who research into the matter and conclude that they do not wish to vaccinate their own children, should be derided and aggressively pressured by medical professionals. I do not think your an idiot simply because you believe vaccination does more good than harm. And yeah your right, most medical professionals probably do agree with you, as they do deride and aggressively pressure parents who do not wish to vaccinate, and I think that's a bloody disgrace. I know a couple whose grown teenage daughter came down with rubella recently, she was never vaccinated against it, and I couldn't believe all the shit these "medical professionals" were putting her poor parents through, who were already distraught enough without them sticking the boot in. I also know a couple of women who have had children recently and decided not to vaccinate, they were both subsequently subjected to inspection by social services, for that reason alone and nothing else. It's disgraceful.

Thankfully the UK (while still being worse than some countries) is still a lot better on this matter than the US is (as I believe most schools over there require mandatory vaccination of children. So much for liberty and freedom and all that huh), but with all the fear coming from what's going on in Wales right now (you can believe that many aggressively pro- vaccination parties are rubbing their hands with glee at all this), I really worry we may be heading in that direction if we're not careful.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Master Kyodai » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:14 pm

Maybe the North koreans are a serious threat to south korea because of their massive infantry. But personally i think their missile technology is between "stone age tech" and "non-existant". Image related...

Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jeff » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:03 pm

Oh I hope to God NK shoots those two missiles they have right now. Seems like they got their final warning from John Kerry, but it's coming from John Kerry so whatever that's worth. I want a full out regime change war. Why? Because of the millions of people who are struggling to survive or dying under those aholes.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Sonikku » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Jeff wrote: Oh I hope to God NK shoots those two missiles they have right now.

You want the people in the south to start dying so those in the north might stop dying? :P

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, MiTT3NZ
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:08 pm

Jeff. Aiding the hated American stereotype since 2003

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: Brothaman, lavrentis
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic