North Korea clears military attack against the US.

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Postby mue 26 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:24 pm

Stocke wrote: If a war does break out obviously NK would loose.
But then SK, China and Japan would be stuck with millions of malnourished, brainwashed refugees. The US would also then be forced to provide mass amounts of aid.
I don't think anybody really wants a war, but nobody can ignore North Korea kicking off either.


I'm not quite so sure. I think countries like US could profit from a big bloody war, especially as their country won't be the one getting ravaged. Has MGS 4 taught us nothing? War is profit, my friends. Get the weapon manufacturers to make weapons to sell, and that's the economy nicely boosted. And what to do with all those pesky unemployed state scroungers? Why, suit them up, give them some of those weapons, and send them to their death. Phew, that's most of the governments problems taken care of in one foul swoop.
[size=85][center]Help TeamYu and the #SaveShenmue movement today!
https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
http://facebook.com/TeamYu
Image
User avatar
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: December 2009

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Postby Sir JC Denton » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:33 pm

I would not be surprised if Kim-jong un pushes this to all out war. At least his Dad had lived through the Korean war and probably didn't have the desire to go back to that. Un is just an inexperienced fat kid who wants to show the world that he's a big boy, and the whole world is gonna laugh in his face when he gets his ass kicked.

Sir JC Denton has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
User avatar
Sir JC Denton
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: July 2003
Location: Garden Grove, California

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Postby LawXiu » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Sir JC Denton wrote: Un is just an inexperienced fat kid who wants to show the world that he's a big boy


He does come across as someone that was bullied at school. :lol:
User avatar
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: October 2008
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Postby Sir JC Denton » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:40 pm

mue 26 wrote:
Stocke wrote: If a war does break out obviously NK would loose.
But then SK, China and Japan would be stuck with millions of malnourished, brainwashed refugees. The US would also then be forced to provide mass amounts of aid.
I don't think anybody really wants a war, but nobody can ignore North Korea kicking off either.


I'm not quite so sure. I think countries like US could profit from a big bloody war, especially as their country won't be the one getting ravaged. Has MGS 4 taught us nothing? War is profit, my friends. Get the weapon manufacturers to make weapons to sell, and that's the economy nicely boosted. And what to do with all those pesky unemployed state scroungers? Why, suit them up, give them some of those weapons, and send them to their death. Phew, that's most of the governments problems taken care of in one foul swoop.


You'd be right if we were talking a full on declaration of war, where the goverenment goes in and repurposes factories to make war supplies. Unfortunatley we haven't full on declared war since WWII. If simply going to war meant that it boosted the economy, then we wouldn't be crawling out of one of the biggest recessions in US history, seeing as how we've been in Afghanistan for well over ten years.
User avatar
Sir JC Denton
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: July 2003
Location: Garden Grove, California

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Postby beedle » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:43 pm

a war could potentially be good for the north koreans, in the long term. I mean i'm no neocon, but the sooner the regime is gotten rid of, the better. of course that's only providing they lose, and seoul doesn't get shelled to pieces.


Also I don't think there will be a war. I'm willing to bet that this is simply the dear leader (or somebody else behind the scenes) kicking up a fuss and consolidating his power. Most dictators are never in total control, particularly uncharismatic blobs like Kim Jong Un.
Image
User avatar
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: confirmed, sending in supplies

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Postby Sonikku » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:52 pm

War profiteering isn't what it used to be. Back in the 40's almost everyone would benefit. But in the 70 years since, the elite have grown increasingly more adept at hoarding all the wealth. If there was a War with the North and the military budget was raised to facilitate it, a few would benefit enormously but most of us would not. If anything, it may actually be counter intuitive if it was successfully argued that the only way to pay for more wars during calls for austerity and tax cuts was to divert more funds away from Social Security and Medicare.
User avatar
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster
 
Joined: May 2003

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:59 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: A Korea ruled by the South? I'd love to see that in my lifetime..

Enough seriousness time for a quick break with some fun and games!
North Korea propaganda website hacked, apparently by Anonymous



Image
:rotflmao:
The Supreme Leader must be raged.
Image

"I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon; and here at last, I discover a strange truth. That I am only a conduit, for a message that eludes my understanding." - Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Samanosuke Akechi has received a thanks from: Axm
User avatar
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: July 2003
Location: On Your Roof

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Postby LawXiu » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:08 pm

For anyone that's curious about North Korean tourism there are many videos on Youtube. I recommend these three.


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24R8JObNNQ4[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw46Ll-Zy4s[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HJj85K_7MQ[/youtube]



Might also want to look at this site.

http://www.koryogroup.com/
User avatar
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: October 2008
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Postby mue 26 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:10 pm

You'd be right if we were talking a full on declaration of war, where the goverenment goes in and repurposes factories to make war supplies. Unfortunatley we haven't full on declared war since WWII.


The Korean and Vietnam wars helped the US economy tick along though, whith the extra benefit of wiping out a potential generation of rebels.


Sonikku wrote: War profiteering isn't what it used to be. Back in the 40's almost everyone would benefit. But in the 70 years since, the elite have grown increasingly more adept at hoarding all the wealth. If there was a War with the North and the military budget was raised to facilitate it, a few would benefit enormously but most of us would not. If anything, it may actually be counter intuitive if it was successfully argued that the only way to pay for more wars during calls for austerity and tax cuts was to divert more funds away from Social Security and Medicare.


Oh of course, I'm certainly not implying that the war racket would benefit any society as a whole, just certain individuals and businessmen. But that's exactly what most national economies have been geared to do.
[size=85][center]Help TeamYu and the #SaveShenmue movement today!
https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
http://facebook.com/TeamYu
Image
User avatar
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: December 2009

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Either way this just ends sadly for NK. People will either go on living in fear and eventually end up in torture camps for the rest of their life or go to war and be shot to death. Even if Kim Jong Un got killed the people there have been so brainwashed and suffer from such extreme famine that it will be a mess to clean up. I myself feel the sooner we get in there the better so less people have to suffer in the long term.

It's funny though how we ran after Saddam like he was the Roadrunner but Kim Jung Un comes out yelling and we ignore him.
User avatar
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2006
Location: Kent, England
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Postby Axm » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:56 pm

Me moving back to Japan at the end of the year makes me nervous if NK keeps prodding like this. But at the same time I have confidence they will never make any kind of offensive strike being at such a disadvantage. I have more worry the U.S will strike first than anything else. Especially if a war monger becomes president in 2016. The only sane chance we have is China forcing reform in NK by threatening to cut off support. Even then NK needs to make the decision to reform because they have built a poor but self sustaining economy.
User avatar
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Fukuoka, Japan

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Postby silent killer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
It's funny though how we ran after Saddam like he was the Roadrunner but Kim Jung Un comes out yelling and we ignore him.

It's like that saying about being careful of the quiet ones. Also, say what you will about his demise, but Saddam had actual skill as a despotic warlord.
Image
Spread the music
Martin wrote:I got to smash the granny out of my horny boss

silent killer has received a thanks from: Bluecast
User avatar
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: May 2003
XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:12 am

Yokosuka Martian wrote: Don't think China would back them up anyways. China and the US both have a history. We owe them money, and we also outsource jobs there. If they were to ally with North Korea, what would that do to our relationship with them?


no no no. i dont think you understand. China IS NK's ally. even though China is telling NK to back down they will have there back if they act anyways. similar to our (americas) relationship with israel
User avatar
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: July 2010
Location: U.S.A.
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Postby Bluecast » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:41 am

Perfect_Chaos wrote:
Yokosuka Martian wrote: Don't think China would back them up anyways. China and the US both have a history. We owe them money, and we also outsource jobs there. If they were to ally with North Korea, what would that do to our relationship with them?


no no no. i dont think you understand. China IS NK's ally. even though China is telling NK to back down they will have there back if they act anyways. similar to our (americas) relationship with israel

Doubt it. China heavily relies on the US far more than people know. They need us for their economy. People often think US needs them but they need us just as much. China is not about to throw shit all over their biggest source of income
Image
Image
User avatar
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned
 
Joined: August 2003
PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Postby Sonikku » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:12 am

Not to mention China's prestigious (lol...) image as a super power on the international stage is enormously important to them. Supporting a country that is the laughing stock of the world is counter intuitive to their goal.
User avatar
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster
 
Joined: May 2003

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net