Maggie Thatcher dies

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Maggie Thatcher dies

Postby Bluecast » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Her name sounds like something from a 80-90's teen girl crime mystery book title.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby QWERTY » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Feelers Rebo wrote:
QWERTY™ wrote: So yeah, go Thatcher, I am one of your children and very proud.

God help you, ignoramus.

I am a product of her regime. I know it. I like the idea of being secure, powerful and wealthy. I genuinely will never ever believe that any human doesn't like those ideas. I believe greed is inherent in every animal ever born. It's a survival mechanism. Isn't that why communism is eternally flawed?

Why am I an ignoramus? Am I supposed to feel guilty because of my respect for her? Why should I feel guilty for what she has helped me acheive - as far as I'm concerned anyone else in my country could go out there and acheive it too. I guess I just believe in doing things for yourself to make sure the people important to you are secure and safe, rather than waiting for someone in office to sort it out or do the right thing. I'm not a benefit-sponging slacker, so I have less reason to feel guilty than most.

My parents worked their asses off for 40 years and did things for themselves rather than moaning about it all and hanging on to some bizarre ideal that someone else is gonna make it all better for them. They could have done what their friends and siblings did, but I wouldn't be able to go on 2 holidays and god knows how many festivals a year if I wasn't raised with the ideals that my parents acquired under her leadership. I'd be working on a fruit stall in the market or beating panels for Rover. Luck has nothing to do with it. It's more ambition; and from what I've been told, lovely Lady Thatcher enabled anyone with an ambition to do something about it.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Peter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:51 pm

Ireland will be toasting her arrival in hell this evening. Probably getting raped by the devil himself.

Peter has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:54 pm

Feelers Rebo wrote: mongoloids who comment on that puerile reactionary trash?

Like the vast majority of comments in this topic you mean?

I bet you weren't even alive when she was in power. =D> :lol:

Breaking the unions, and the lazy "nationalised" companies having the rug pulled out from under them was definitely a good thing. As was her ability to not lay down for the USA at every opportunity, which has pretty much been the case ever since.

St. Elmo's Fire has received 2 thanks from: LawXiu, Who Really Cares?
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:55 pm

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Wasn't alive when she was in power, so can't say I "hate" her, but I've yet to meet anybody IRL that liked her...
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Peter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:58 pm

Apparently she died of rust......

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Feelers Rebo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:07 pm

QWERTY™ wrote:I am a product of her regime. I know it. I like the idea of being secure, powerful and wealthy. I genuinely will never ever believe that any human doesn't like those ideas. I believe greed is inherent in every animal ever born. It's a survival mechanism. Isn't that why communism is eternally flawed?

Why am I an ignoramus? Am I supposed to feel guilty because of my respect for her? Why should I feel guilty for what she has helped me acheive - as far as I'm concerned anyone else in my country could go out there and acheive it too. I guess I just believe in doing things for yourself to make sure the people important to you are secure and safe, rather than waiting for someone in office to sort it out or do the right thing. I'm not a benefit-sponging slacker, so I have less reason to feel guilty than most.

My parents worked their asses off for 40 years and did things for themselves rather than moaning about it all and hanging on to some bizarre ideal that someone else is gonna make it all better for them. They could have done what their friends and siblings did, but I wouldn't be able to go on 2 holidays and god knows how many festivals a year if I wasn't raised with the ideals that my parents acquired under her leadership. I'd be working on a fruit stall in the market or beating panels for Rover. Luck has nothing to do with it. It's more ambition; and from what I've been told, lovely Lady Thatcher enabled anyone with an ambition to do something about it.

Well, communism isn't eternally flawed, but that's another issue. Also, I find people with your submongoloid "people on benefits are sponging slackers" mindset (which is a mindset that also encompasses other typical anti-proletarian and anti-public sector spew) to be completely odious reactionary fuckwits, to be honest. Stop reading the Sun or whatever and educate yourself.

If you feel comfortable supporting the behaviour of a wretched, insidious conservative responsible for mass unemployment who would attempt to destroy unions or anything that would benefit the lower classes, who is responsible for misery in Northern Ireland (death of 10 hunger strikers, sanctioned murder of N. Irish citizens) and who allowed soldiers in her own military to be killed (and also would allow the death of Argentines) for the sake of her and her vile party's reputation, then to me, that's a definite indication that you're a priveleged middle-class tory with no real-world perspective or moral compass, and thus your opinion is negated by your total lack of experience and detachment from actual struggles occurring in your own country. She was bad for England, she was bad for Scotland, she was bad for Northern Ireland and she was bad for Argentina, and the news of her death will be celebrated by the majority of the peoples of those countries, regardless of anything the media might tell you.
St. Elmo's Fire wrote:I bet you weren't even alive when she was in power.

Doesn't matter. I'm feeling the repercussions of her actions first-hand, and her ideology continues to live through the current conservatives, who are doing all they can to subjugate the proletariat.
Feelers Rebo
Master of the Three Blades

Postby south carmain » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:14 pm

Feelers Rebo wrote:
QWERTY™ wrote:I am a product of her regime. I know it. I like the idea of being secure, powerful and wealthy. I genuinely will never ever believe that any human doesn't like those ideas. I believe greed is inherent in every animal ever born. It's a survival mechanism. Isn't that why communism is eternally flawed?

Well, communism isn't eternally flawed, but that's another issue. Also, I find people with your submongoloid "people on benefits are sponging slackers" mindset (which is a mindset that also encompasses other typical anti-proletarian and anti-public sector spew) to be completely odious reactionary fuckwits, to be honest. Stop reading the Sun or whatever and educate yourself.

If you feel comfortable supporting the behaviour of a wretched, insidious conservative responsible for mass unemployment who would attempt to destroy unions or anything that would benefit the lower classes, who is responsible for misery in Northern Ireland (death of 10 hunger strikers, sanctioned murder of N. Irish citizens) and who allowed soldiers in her own military to be killed (and also would allow the death of Argentines) for the sake of her and her vile party's reputation, then to me, that's a definite indication that you're a priveleged middle-class tory with no real-world perspective or moral compass, and thus your opinion is negated by your total lack of experience and detachment from actual struggles occurring in your own country. She was bad for England, she was bad for Scotland, she was bad for Northern Ireland and she was bad for Argentina, and the news of her death will be celebrated by the majority of the peoples of those countries, regardless of anything the media might tell you.
St. Elmo's Fire wrote:I bet you weren't even alive when she was in power.

Doesn't matter. I'm feeling the repercussions of her actions first-hand, and her ideology continues to live through the current conservatives, who are doing all they can to subjugate the proletariat.

didn't the falkland war set way for the fall of the military dictatorship of Argentina at the time?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Axm » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:29 pm

lmao some of these responses. You guys are brutal.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby QWERTY » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Feelers Rebo wrote:

I don't read The Sun and I'm certainly not right-wing but I'm sure you can appreciate my wish to pay my respects to a deceased old woman that did a lot for our country.

I have received iobseeker's allowance for a maximum of two months ever since I was 18. If I can find work regularly then why do others struggle? I'm not choosy about where I'll work if it's an absolute necessity. I'm sick to death of hearing about those with such insane degrees of self-entitlement. I read a story in the paper a few months back about some guy with a heart defect that refused a transplant because he didn't want to go back to work in the event of recovery and would prefer to laze about on benefits. What kind of person would choose a lazy lifestyle which would result in death over being healthy and living? This is the kind of world we live in nowadays. It's madness.

QWERTY has received a thanks from: Axm
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Stocke » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:11 pm

This is going to be on the news here in England for quite some time.
Been watching it today and I'm amazed at how split the opinions are. By the sounds of it unions really did have too much power, with their constant strikes, they basically had the country at ransom. She completely broke them. Also as QWERTY said, she really helped private business owners.
However on the other hand she destroyed many families livelihoods up north. I can only imagine what that felt like.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby TEEPO™ » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:53 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
Feelers Rebo wrote: mongoloids who comment on that puerile reactionary trash?

Like the vast majority of comments in this topic you mean?

I bet you weren't even alive when she was in power. =D> :lol:

Breaking the unions, and the lazy "nationalised" companies having the rug pulled out from under them was definitely a good thing. As was her ability to not lay down for the USA at every opportunity, which has pretty much been the case ever since.

Must feel really lonely for you in Scotland right now, SEF :lol: And reply to my PM you cunt ;-)
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby Feelers Rebo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:14 pm

QWERTY™ wrote:I'm sick to death of hearing about those with such insane degrees of self-entitlement. I read a story in the paper a few months back about some guy with a heart defect that refused a transplant because he didn't want to go back to work in the event of recovery and would prefer to laze about on benefits. What kind of person would choose a lazy lifestyle which would result in death over being healthy and living? This is the kind of world we live in nowadays. It's madness.

But that's the sensationalistic shit they push in the media. They take INDIVIDUAL CASES and use them to demonise benefits altogether, so as to try and justify cuts on welfare, like the recent bedroom tax, which means people who were poor in the first place will be even worse off. There is no denying that people exist who exploit the system, but these individual cases are not as common as the Government and the BBC or whatever would have you believe.
Stocke wrote:By the sounds of it unions really did have too much power, with their constant strikes, they basically had the country at ransom..

By the sounds of it? What do you know about it? I think under the circumstances, the strikes then were totally justified, and there need to be more perseverent strikes in the public sector today.

Feelers Rebo has received a thanks from: mue 26
Feelers Rebo

Postby QWERTY » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:24 pm

Why are they poor though? No ambition! No drive! Stop moaning about how little money you have and go and make some. Don't rely on other people to fund your Jeremy Kyle watching sorry existences. These are the same people that moan about immigrants "terkin er jerbs" but when it boils down to it they just don't work as hard as immigrants do. It's their own fault for being lazy.

QWERTY has received a thanks from: LawXiu
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic