Latest Purchases

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Latest Purchases

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:53 pm

mrslig100 wrote: What are the problems you are having? Describe what happens when you turn it on.

It won't detect any devices via HDMI or component. The options are even greyed out on the menu. I've tried a factory reset and firmware update but nothing changed, which is why I suspect it's a hardware fault.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:15 am

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Raithos
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:25 am

Sony 16GB Memory Stick

Mother's day gift..

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Raithos
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby goaliefrk » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:59 pm

I just purchased what is now, my fourth Dreamcast. Which is also a record for most times I've purchased a console. Anyways, been playing RE3 and prepping for spring break so I can play Shenmue again, with no work or school restraints to hold me back. Needless to say, I am pretty stoked for spring break. The other half I will be flying up to Chicago but you better believe it's the Shenmue aspect that got me goin.

Welp, see ya later!

goaliefrk has received a thanks from: Raithos
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:48 pm

Sony MicroVault X USB 3.0 64 GB

The first one wasn't large enough for what I needed. Still a random Mother's Day gift regardless..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:25 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Got a pretty hefty giftcard for my birthday, so I went a bit nuts ordering up works by Hideyuki Kikuchi.
I already own and have read read the first two Vampire Hunter D novels and Demon City Shinjuku, and I've started to read the third D novel and Demon Palace Babylon. It's not necessarily that Kikuchi is the greatest writer in the world or anything, but the guy has an insane amount of imagination and cool ideas, and apparently he writes very quickly. Since the early-80s the guy has apparently written hundreds of novels (seriously, hundreds) and can bang out an entire book in a month's time.
I love his sense of imagination, but even beyond that it's just that his apparent work ethic is a huge inspiration to me. And because of that, I'd like to read as much of his work as I possibly can.

OL has received 3 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, Henry Spencer, Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:32 am

Happy Birthday, Orange. Nice buys.

I'm on a bit of a manga craze at the moment:

These are really good manga with great art. The story is based upon a rather popular novel. It's a depressing tale but still one that grabs you, even if it wallows a bit in self pity at times. The main reason I'm reading it is the art though. Volume 3 is so fucking expensive though, like £50 for the final volume, it's ridiculous. I just want to finish the story now and can't, it sucks.

AKA Spiral. This manga had a film based upon it by Takashi Miike. Been interested in Junji Ito's work for a while now and it's so bizarre. Heard this guy was going to be working on Silent Hills with Kojima and Del Toro, looking at his work here, it would have had such weird monster designs. The story for this manga is just creepy too, people in a small Japanese town creating things with spiral shapes and becoming obsessed to the point of pure insanity. Need to grab volume 2 now.

This is one of those manga that nobody has heard of but is really good. If you like horror manga, this has some really imaginative and magnificent horror imagery. The story is a bit cheesy but the art is well worth the purchase, at least so far, not finished it yet. And since it's a one volume manga, it's not a series you have to devote a lot of time to reading or anything.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Axm » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:46 pm

Phone change..
From Xperia Z1 to iPhone 6s Plus 64gb.. and it was free.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:16 pm

turning your back on sony and android huh? This comes as a surprise. :P
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:58 pm

New anime/specialty shop opened up that actually has good prices so I picked these up. Each one comes with a comic draft guide (that's what they call it) that has illustrations of the scenes and shows the story boards for each OVA. The animation is top notch. Also, Ramba Ral is a badass.

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:31 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Axm wrote: Phone change..

An iPhone Plus would get a higher trade-in value for the Xperia X Performance, right Axm? ;-)

...right?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Bought this 2008 Subaru Impreza last friday. I finally have wheels again! :-o

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:24 pm

Great news, that should serve you well, as long as you don't mod it too far! ;-) Bet it musta felt great to have that freedom back though! 8)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:04 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Axm wrote: Phone change..

An iPhone Plus would get a higher trade-in value for the Xperia X Performance, right Axm? ;-)

...right?

After 2 years of me using the 6s Plus?! Ya I could buy a Xperia X3 Performance Premium 8k and have some change to spare..heheh

but really though, I almost got the new Xperia but simply tired of Android BS atm. I love Xperia hardware but the software as always needs more time. Thats what I find myself saying with Android everytime I switch back to it.
I always go Android to Apple to Android to Apple since the first Motorola Droid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Jibby » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:04 pm

Just got myself a Galaxy S7 Edge with a free Gear VR to replace my faulty Note 4. It's a beast of a phone. The VR is pretty cool too, but I still don't think it will ever become a really widespread thing. As cool as it is, I can't see myself gaming or watching movies on it for an extended period of time.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic