Justice League

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Justice League

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:45 pm

He is indeed a massive nerd.

Love the Flash suit
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Monkei » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:02 pm

Worst Superman ever?
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:30 pm

At least he looks like an alien.

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby OL » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:43 pm

Wasn't planning on watching Supergirl at all, and... I still have absolutely no inclination.
I think the Arrowverse is poorer for having decided to include it.
On that note, I tried to start watching Arrow season 4, but good god, I don't think I've ever seen a more cringy season opener in all my life. Fucking gag-inducing. I'm still interested in continuing to watch the Flash though. By the end of season 1 of that, it didn't seem like it was doing anything but getting better and better.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:50 am

http://m.9gag.com/gag/avnOd2b/this-would-cure-your-cancer

^ Grant Gustin seems like a fun Flash and all, but stuff like what you see in this gif makes the whole show look silly.. DC tv shows have been pretty trashy so far, as far as I can tell. Gotham seems to be the worst.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:51 am

Well, you do have to take into account that all of this is on a tv budget, so with that in mind the special effects and action they pull off in the Flash is actually pretty damn impressive. There are much better examples than the one you posted, but the most important thing is that the show actually captures a lot of what the Flash honestly should be. It is fun, it is a little cheesy, and that's exactly dead-on for the character. Even in the comics, just the same as Batman has his own little dark and gritty corner of the DC universe, practically separate from the rest of it, the Flash has always inhabited his own especially silly little corner. So the show really does get a lot of this stuff right.
It is the best of the current shows though. I feel like Arrow has kind of done itself to death, I won't even touch Supergirl, and I still haven't seen enough of Legends of Tomorrow to judge it. And even though it isn't really part of the same universe, yeah, Gotham is pretty terrible.
But the Flash is still really solid and fun, with its silliness being nothing but fitting (and generally intentional, at that). I only hope the movies manage to understand the mythos this well.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:04 pm

Hm.. I actually think the effects are pretty cool (for a tv show) in that example. The silly thing is how Barry's hits don't seem to affect Green Arrow that much at all. And how Arrow even manages to hit Barry right in the face. Shouldn't one of those ultra speed punches knock a human being out, even if it's a well trained pseudo Batman? Feels like an incorrect depiction of Flash's powers to me..
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:22 am

Yeah, Supergirl's shite. The only good thing about it is Martian Manhunter, and he's not in it much coz budget. That's besides her hot sister, obviously.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:18 pm

These things might be dealing with tv budgets, but they look like something that'd be on tv in the 90's. Trek fans are now doing fan made stuff with special effects roughly on par with TNG for pete sakes.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:13 am

So, once again, critics aren't impressed. :| http://www.metacritic.com/movie/suicide-squad/critic-reviews
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:51 am

Just makes me want to see it more, actually. As hard as I disagreed with most critics about Batman v. Superman, I'm curious about how this will fare with me. And this was the DC project I was honestly least interested in before.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:17 pm

Yeah, I'm still very much looking forward to it. It makes me feel kinda bad for the DCEU and what they're trying to do with it though. But as long as the movies keep making money it'll be fine I guess. Suicide Squad sadly won't be out for another couple weeks in Germany..
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Calshot » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:39 pm

OL wrote: Just makes me want to see it more, actually. As hard as I disagreed with most critics about Batman v. Superman, I'm curious about how this will fare with me. And this was the DC project I was honestly least interested in before.

As much as I hate to blame the boogeyman of "dumb, potentially Marvel-biased critics", I've read some pretty asinine reviews.

One of the reviews was complaining that the cast was full of bad people. No shit, how many times did they say that in the trailer?

Calshot has received a thanks from: OL
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Peter » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:53 am

Just back from seeing Suicide Squad and honestly don't know what the critics were on about. Had a blast watching it, and it's just a good fun action filled popcorn movie. Won't win any oscars like, but certainly not as bad as what it's being made out to be.

Came out of it feeling satisfied and good, unlike BvS where I just felt inappropriately touched, and wondering just what the hell happened. Dunno if anyone will walk into it all serious and expecting stuff I didn't see, but I went in with an open mind and just enjoyed the ride.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:30 am

From what I've gathered, people who are "into" films (in video game terms: the ones who love The Witcher series and indie titles but call CoD "Call of Doody" and refer to EA as an evil corporate machine destroying the industry by getting sheeple to spend £200 on shit games) don't like it. Critics clearly don't like it. And Marvel fans who seem to think there's a war going on don't like it.

Everyone else - bar one guy on my Facebook - actually enjoyed it. Then again I'm from the crowd that'd rather go to the pictures to see Transformers than Saving Private Ryan. Nowt against those films, but as far as I'm concerned I don't wanna think or feel when I'm out. I wanna get smashed n have my senses caved in.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic