Ref kills player then stoned and beheaded by fans in Brazil

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Ref kills player then stoned and beheaded by fans in Brazil

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:30 am

Oh yeah the World Cup is going to be awesome!

Enraged spectators invaded a football field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body after he stabbed a player to death.

The Public Safety Department of the state of Maranhao, in Brazil, said in a statement that the horrific incident began when referee Otavio da Silva, 20, sent off 30-year-old Josenir Abreu.

The two got into a fist fight, during which Silva took out a knife and stabbed Abreu, who died on his way to the hospital.

The statement issued this week says Abreu’s friends and relatives immediately ‘rushed into the field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body’.

Local news media say the spectators also decapitated Silva and stuck his head on a stake in the middle of the field.

Police have arrested one suspect after last weekend’s incident and are looking for two others.

Spokesman Valter Costa was quoted as saying: ‘We will identify and hold accountable all those involved in this incident.

‘One crime will never justify another. Actions like this do not correspond with state law.’

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/07/fans-ston ... r-3871792/

8-[
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Re: Ref kills player then stoned and beheaded by fans in Bra

Postby Sonikku » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:04 am

The masses distract themselves and kill and riot over games like good little sheep, blatantly disregarding the people and politicians actually worth rioting about. Who says ancient Rome is dead?
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:50 am

Sonikku wrote: The masses distract themselves and kill and riot over games like good little sheep, blatantly disregarding the people and politicians actually worth rioting about. Who says ancient Rome is dead?

But Brazilians are currently rioting against politicians too
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Sonikku wrote:The masses distract themselves and kill and riot over games like good little sheep

The fight between the player and the referee, yes. The crowd's involvement? Hardly killing and rioting over games. It's not like they were reacting to a goal being disallowed. Horrendously barbaric though, and as unfair as it might be to some, I think there's ample justification here for the World Cup to be relocated (it won't be). A lot of Brazilians don't want it in their country to begin with.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby Sailors? » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:32 pm

I watched the video, what a mistake.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:01 am

Seen the images. The worlds fucked up. Yes, lets get my flight booked for Brazil lol.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Spokane » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:19 pm

So I have seen some or many of the Mexican cartel beheading videos, so it doesn't surprise me in the least that this would happen. (I know this stuff happens all the time in Brazil too even besides this specific event).

Why would I look at those videos and other such videos? Its the news that we don't hear about on the lame stream media. A lot of it isn't anyway, like the Catholic monk who got beheaded in Syria by the rebels recently (like last week or so), the ones we our gov't are helping because they are the "good" guys. I never heard a single mention about it in the media here, I found out about it on a shock news site.

This also reminds me of the teen who punched a ref at a soccer match in Salt Lake City a few months back and it killed him. That actually makes me just as sick as this thing in Brazil.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Return to Off Topic