Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Batman/Superman

Postby OL » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:18 am

Thought the teaser was kinda cool (gotta keep in mind, it was at Comicon; it was pretty much just there for fanservice purposes. It's all about the imagery).
Only thing I'm questioning is how they propose to pull off the implied fight between the two characters after having established Superman as such a ridiculously strong character in the previous movie. I don't care what suit Batman puts on, he wouldn't survive a blow-for-blow brawl with the Superman shown in Man of Steel. Seems like a lot to ask to have them introducing Kryptonite in this one (which might make a fight like that possible) and have Batman get a hold of some, considering all the other stuff that's apparently going on in it.
But whatever, the design work and everything seems pretty spot-on so far, and I'm looking forward to it.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:32 am

Don't worry. Bats has a wonderful thing called Plot Armor™.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Calshot » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:10 am

Dwayne Johnson just confirmed he's playing Black Adam.

Calshot has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby OL » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:49 am

^^Yeah, just read that.
Perfect casting. Like, on the level of Patrick Stewart as Professor X.
Now they just have to make a solid movie and things will be golden. Easy part, right?

OL has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:14 pm

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Raithos
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:40 pm

MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Calshot » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:37 pm

Jason Momoa in his Aquaman costume.

Calshot has received a thanks from: OL
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:40 pm

Aw, nice. That's actually pretty cool looking. I like that Snyder is apparently really intent on proving to people that Aquaman isn't a joke; in popular culture, he's typically regarded as silly and useless because of how he was in Superfriends, but the comics are a far different story. Momoa's look is actually pretty accurate to Aquaman from the 90s comics.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:47 pm

DROGO'S BACK. :heart:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Calshot » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:43 am

The trailer leaked. Hope this link is still up.

http://a.pomf.se/mozoup.mp4

Calshot has received a thanks from: OL
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kenny » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:00 am

^Wow. That didn't impress me a whole lot. Especially Affleck looking tough.

Only thing they got right was Batman's voice. Good lord, did they get that right. Even though it still needs work, at least it doesn't sound like he has stage 4 throat cancer.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Peter » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:55 am

I thought the same thing. It felt more like a bigger teaser and not an actual trailer.

Peter has received a thanks from: Kenny
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:00 am

People tend to bitch about casting choices a lot. Having seen that, I have to wonder... is Snyder really the best person for the job?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:47 am

Kenny wrote:Only thing they got right was Batman's voice.

What else is there to "get right"?
The trailer doesn't show a whole lot at all. I know it's only been up a few hours, but you guys' reaction so far makes it sound like they've actually shown anything worth judging it on. And even based on what is shown, I'm really not sure where the negativity is coming from.
Cavill had the perfect look for Superman to begin with, so I personally have no problems there, provided they give him a better script this time. Batman's costume looks friggin' great to me, and I love the muscley bulkiness of him in the one shadowed shot we see; that's the Dark Knight Returns look, dead-on.
Otherwise, it's a few explosions, some voiceover, a shot of a statue, and uh... what else?

Kenny wrote:That didn't impress me a whole lot. Especially Affleck looking tough.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed by that either. Mostly because I couldn't see anything. It goes blurry to the point of indiscernibility thanks the the guy filming it with a hand cam off of a movie screen. Which is kind of a problem with a lot of the trailer, since it isn't direct source.

It's not a full trailer (you're right Peter, it really is more like another teaser), but at this point, I think it actually looks pretty cool.
Cooler than Ant-Man, at the very least, and everyone was jizzing themselves over that for some reason.
Don't get me wrong, Ant-Man looks fine, and I love Paul Rudd, but it's really just more of the same basic Marvel schtick we've been exposed to for about ten movies now. Even with just this blurry, too-dark teaser right now, I'm looking forward to Superman/Batman more than Ant-Man, easily.

OL has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
OL
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:38 am

True, I'm just a bit apprehensive about a few things. It's all so... dark. It'd make sense if it's Gotham, and it defo makes sense if there's a threat that fucks with the atmosphere (night time blowback from the terraforming bollocks or Luthor?) But it seems clear... The city in that trailer is Metropolis.

I have little doubt that I'll enjoy the absolute shit outta this film, but since Nolan's trilogy, the Arrow/Flash series, and the animated comic book adaptations... I'm just expecting nothing but the best out of DC right now, and it doesn't seem to me that Snyder actually "gets" certain aspects of Superman.

Don't get me wrong, in a way he seems to be doing the right things on surface level. Many of the things I used to hate about Superman he seems to have altered so that he's more accessible nowadays. Thing is though, the same things I once hated I've now come to love. Perhaps the best example of the Superman DC should be going for (imo) is more along the lines of Unbound/Brainiac. What that trailer says to me is that they're going for a more Lex Luthor: Man of Steel vibe. Great story, but just feels wrong.

Personally, I'm hoping for the best. Shit, I'm even half rooting for Supes over Batman in this one just to show the masses that "yeah, he's that awesome". I'm iust afraid that Snyder seems to be aiming to please the wrong crowd, or just flat-out using the wrong tone. Maybe if it was a red sky crisis or Darkseid was involved... but this is Batman v Superman. Night v Day. Yes, the idea of Superman is flat out terrifying, but he should, again imo, be the beacon of light/hope in times as bleak as this. And his suit should be brighter too.

Yes, it's just a teaser, but teasers tend to set the tone for what is to come. TDK and Rises got this spot-on, and the first Age of Ultron teaser seemed to n'all. If this one's to be held by the same standards, and follows the same concept of "this is how the film will feel", then any negative sentiment towards the overall style is quite justified, as far as I'm concerned.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic