Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Postby Kenny » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:20 pm

Loki being the main villain for Avengers was a terrible choice anyway.

And if that's Doomsday, he looks like shit. Affleck is going back to not convincing me as Wayne (though I think he'll do a perfectly good job as Batman). Wonder Woman is warming up to me now. Eisenberg has Luthor looks horrible and I really really doubt it's the editing or whatever excuse being made up is. It's the writing, directing and the casting choices too.

And that weird S&M sand cave shit going on between Batman and Superman? Not sure how to process that.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:33 pm

I'll just throw this in here on the gun issue.

Yeah. There's precedent for it.
And like Calshot said, he's fighting Superman and a Kryptonian bio-monster; I don't think he has to worry about the damaged a gun usually causes to a person anyway.

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Calshot wrote:
People fight each other's villains all the time in comics. Other characters have fought Doomsday before too. Wasn't the first Avengers all about fighting Loki, who's primarily a Thor villain? I guess it's okay when Marvel does it.

Okay now you are just dumbing it down. it wasnt like it was the whole avenger team against loki at the same time, there was an alien invasion that was happening that justified the rest of the cast being there and their necessity. If I remember correctly, Thor actually did do most of the fighting against Loki while the rest of the avengers took care of the incoming alien onslaught.

Now you're just making convenient excuses.

Not to mention that Doomsday's first appearance involved him fighting the entirety of the Justice League anyway. And it was quite a bit bigger than three people at that point.

When you talk about this stuff, you sound exactly like someone whose entire point of reference for these things is the movies (and maybe the tv shows). And in the grand scheme of DC's history, those are a tiny, tiny fraction of the whole pie. The comics have precedents dealing with every one of your complaints, so it's not like the movie is doing anything wrong. If anything, it's doing things even more "right" than I've ever seen any DC movie do. Usually there are a lot of huge changes made to keep things more "believable" in these live-action flicks, but so far everything shown of this seems pretty well in-line with the vibe of the primary stories they're drawing from.

Kenny wrote:And that weird S&M sand cave shit going on between Batman and Superman? Not sure how to process that.

It's a dream sequence, or some kind of "worst case scenario" thing going on in Batman's head. It's imaginary. That's why it looks all post-apocalyptic, and Superman has soldiers bowing down to him; this is what Batman thinks Superman could eventually bring about.

OL has received a thanks from: Monkei
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:49 pm

Must have been one of those off set batman comics no one read anyway. He looks so weird and out of place in those pics... and yall are tryin way too hard to try spite my opinion here just FYI :lol:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:01 am

Just based on the art of that comic I'd say it's from the Dark Knight Returns series which is one of the most popular Batman comics of all time.

No ones trying hard you're just posting like Ryudo 2.0 all the time.

Riku Rose has received 4 thanks from: Calshot, Kenny, Monkei, OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:47 am

Im sorry you feel that way, but no, not really. I am me, there aint another one like me. I am radical, I know this, I cant be anything else, you'll be alright I promise, my mere existence wont kill you. ;-)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:15 am

:no:

But no, Riku's right, the image is from The Dark Knight Returns. Y'know, just the Frank Miller miniseries that redefined Batman back in the 80s, in a way that practically every writer and artists to work on the character have drawn from ever since.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:24 am

OL wrote: It's a dream sequence, or some kind of "worst case scenario" thing going on in Batman's head. It's imaginary. That's why it looks all post-apocalyptic, and Superman has soldiers bowing down to him; this is what Batman thinks Superman could eventually bring about.

Yeah Mittz said the same thing.

I still think it's kind of weird. Maybe it's me.

And on the gun thing, what everyone else said. He had a gun in the '30s too. His "no kill" code is basically for humans but ya know, it's the 21st century so #KyryptonianMonsterLivesMatter too.

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Monkei » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:36 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:No, not everyone holds a rifle like that, but you wanna know who does? People that know what they are doing with them. Are you really presuming that every person knows how to handle a gun and carry it properly? Cmon man...

Are you being stupid on purpose here, or trolling? It's the goddamn Batman, he's an expert at pretty much everything he does. When he uses some form of gun you can expect him to know how to hold it..

But I just dont imagine batman carrying around a gun to shoot and clean up the streets of gotham, its just not his style.

And the trailer is indicating that he does? Again, being stupid on purpose? I certainly hope so.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:41 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Im sorry you feel that way, but no, not really. I am me, there aint another one like me. I am radical, I know this, I cant be anything else, you'll be alright I promise, my mere existence wont kill you. ;-)

I know mummy said you was special but you're not. There are 7 billion people on this planet and if you go to the Youtube comment section you'll find that your 'radical' opinions are just the same and as irrational as what plenty of people post in the toilet bowl of the internet.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Monkei
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Monkei » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:03 am

OL wrote:Image

That was such a b-list Justice League back then :lol:

It's a dream sequence, or some kind of "worst case scenario" thing going on in Batman's head. It's imaginary. That's why it looks all post-apocalyptic, and Superman has soldiers bowing down to him; this is what Batman thinks Superman could eventually bring about.

That's what I'm thinking, too. I suppose that's gonna be pretty early in the movie, maybe it'll even start with a shot of that wasteland, Batman fighting a horde of infinitely spawning Superman minions, then being overwhelmed and captured. Especially the scared look on his face while Supes is walking towards him makes me think it's a dream. Not that it's not reasonable to be scared of Superman, it just doesn't really suit Batman to show it like that. And in your dreams anything can evoke a deep fear within you.
The reason for this scene is probably to make viewers relate to and connect with Bruce's emotions and fears concerning Superman, to show that he's not simply being a jerk towards Supes, but that he's actually being haunted by the thought of the almighty alien doing great harm to humanity, which he's been trying to protect ever since his parents were killed.

Monkei has received a thanks from: OL
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:43 am

Wow, Riku, I had no idea you were this shitty of a person that you would continue to personally attack my character. You must really feel you are the expert on me huh? Give me a break, I will ask you one time to stop doing this, we were having a perfectly fine discussion about the topic at hand then you come swooping in spouting bull shit specifically targeting me personally. What did I do to you? Get your knickers unknotted.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:34 pm

^^Hey. HEY!
Bad. Bad AG.
You're American. From Georgia no less.
You can't casually use words like "knickers."

But yeah, no more personal attacks guys. It's just a movie after all.
Having said that though, he is kind of right that your complaints aren't exactly original; they really are the same ones that pretty much shot up all over the internet on movie news sites and stuff like that, mainly by people who only have an apparently limited exposure to the source material.
And y'know, there's no problem with that necessarily. I just don't really understand why you'd try to correct or debate with anyone about this stuff when that's the case. I know I wouldn't presume to debate or correct you about Xenosaga.
But whatever, non-issue.

But if I catch you calling a flashlight a "torch," or an elevator a "lift," so help me...

Monkei wrote:That's what I'm thinking, too. I suppose that's gonna be pretty early in the movie, maybe it'll even start with a shot of that wasteland, Batman fighting a horde of infinitely spawning Superman minions, then being overwhelmed and captured. Especially the scared look on his face while Supes is walking towards him makes me think it's a dream. Not that it's not reasonable to be scared of Superman, it just doesn't really suit Batman to show it like that. And in your dreams anything can evoke a deep fear within you.
The reason for this scene is probably to make viewers relate to and connect with Bruce's emotions and fears concerning Superman, to show that he's not simply being a jerk towards Supes, but that he's actually being haunted by the thought of the almighty alien doing great harm to humanity, which he's been trying to protect ever since his parents were killed.

Of course, there's also the scenes they've shown of Bruce in Metropolis while Superman is fighting Zod at the end of MoS. Apparently one of the buildings they demolish was a Wayne Enterprises building, and tons of people Bruce knows and employs get killed.

If I had to guess at a logical point for these scenes to be in there, I'd think the movie itself will start with the post-apocalyptic thing, probably a small voiceover by Batman talking about the alien trying to take over, something like that. Then once the mask comes off it transitions to Bruce in Metropolis at the end of MoS, showing you why he imagines these things, the buildings coming down like 9/11 and all that. Then a voiceover of him saying "I'm gonna put a boot in that suckas ass," before BOOM! black screen with the logo and title.
Then you probably see those shots of Superman saving people and performing heroic acts in slow motion, people looking up at him like a god, showing the audience that whatever Batman may think, Superman is on the straight and narrow. Then they probably move to the congressional hearing or whatever, Superman defending his actions...

Jesus, I could go on with putting things in sequence like that.
I think once that happens, they've probably shown too much. :lol:

OL has received a thanks from: Monkei
OL
Shenmue III

Postby KiBa » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:34 pm

I still just want Matt Damon to cameo as Robin.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonikku » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:55 pm

Anyone else think it's a little pretentious on Batman's part to choose to be this vigilante, refuse to use a gun due to a personal code, and then try to force his own "rules" on other vigilantes? I mean they're damn vigilantes. There isn't some rule book that binds them or something.

Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:30 pm

I know Batman from TAS, the 90s movies, Adam West, Begins, and Dark Knight. I never really read many of the batman comics and all I was really trying to say is that batman doesnt go into fights to gun down his enemies and opponents the way it is portrayed in the trailer (from what little you can even gather from it). I am in no way an expert on Batman, I am just saying something feels off about his portrayal and the way they presented the whole gun thing specifically didnt seem right to me, its not whether or not he uses it, but HOW or what for. Of course a whole new set of rules could comply since hes fighting a signifcantly stronger enemy in Doomsday, where he would in no way would stand a chance one on one. So it can really go either way, but like I said before from what i have seen the movie seems forced in order to make it all believable and make sense, more than it is following the characters true nature. Wont be seeing the flick, that much is for sure.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic