Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Postby Peter » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:23 pm

DCWB just fucked this up beyond all reasoning. It's obvious the route they are going, and the ending just beyond ruined that even more. Never mind the fact, that if this universe is set in the one it seems to be based on and considering what point they are it in the time like, there will be no Joker because he is dead. Sorry for anyone thinking a Joker appearance in the future will save this.

For the casual moviegoer, it's an all out assault action flick. Woot. But in terms of comic book this franchise is dead in the water. From Lex Luthor and Doomsday and all that Bollocks, what happens to Superman, Batman is straight up criminal, Lois Lane..... oh man. Anyone who knows this stuff will know exactly what I am talking about.

Not only did this movie completely rip apart the notion of the modern day DC universe, bit it singlehandedly ripped apart every Batman/Superman movie that has came before it..

It's madness the shit that's went through my head and it's still not even 24 hours since I have seen it. I can't wait until Mittens gets on here.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Ziming » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:58 pm

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received 3 thanks from: Axm, FlagshipFighter, Kenny
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:17 pm

Peter wrote: there will be no Joker because he is dead. Sorry for anyone thinking a Joker appearance in the future will save this.

He's in Suicide Squad which is the next DC movie in this universe.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:32 pm

Mittz will probably call us all idiots and proclaim this film is the greatest thing since the wheel was invented.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:01 pm

Probably. From what everyone's sayin about it I can already see similarities with when Final Crisis was released, and it sounds like it's more of a case of "if a comic book was a gritty film" than what people seem to expect from a comic book adaptation nowadays (which seems to be either Marvel's brand or the DC animated stuff)

Personally, I reckon most DC films suffer from "what could have been" because DC's always been at their strongest comic book-wise when it comes to the internal monologue, which is why I though their TDKR animated adaptations were a bit shit.

Either way, I'm more than happy about how this film sounds. They probably made it for the likes of me, and the fact that a lot of people dislike it kinda pleases me. It means it's a self-indulgent film made by a bunch of fans with an extraordinarily huge budget, and if this was the product of someone like Batinsun (or whoever), then it'd quite possibly be gettin hailed as a masterpiece right about now.

Of course though, I haven't seen it yet, but when do I get shit wrong? (I'm ignoring the time I wrote off Leicester's chances of stayin up and my damning verdict of The Dark Knight Rises despite loving the film... Only twice in my life is a pretty damn good record)

EDIT: And to be fair, you are all idiots, really.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Monkei
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Peter » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:11 pm

Oh I know he is in Scuicide Squad obviously, but my head hurts and me and my friends have been talking/moaning/punching holes in anything in front of us, over hoe confused and frustrated this move has made us.

If Bruce Wayne is at "this point" in his own life, not what the DC cinematic universe is in general, then his admittance to being a criminal, suffering delusional dreams, descending into madness, and also the whole Robin suit, as implied in that movie, all falls in like with how Bruce loses his mind after killing the Joker in I think it's the Nail? We can more or less assume that Jason Todd was killed by the Joker, and Batman had already gone down the path of losing his mind. Perhaps the Joker could kill Jason Todd in Scuicide Squad maybe, or have a flashback in the JL movie? But either way, that suit was shown for a reason, and if the JL is going down the injustice alternative route then Batman had broken the Jokers neck and proceeding to lose his mind which this movie touches upon multiple times.... I dunno my head hurts I haven't slept in 40 hours

But I just cannot get over the fact of what WB or whoever made that call to go with this ending. This is a wrong ending to this movie, above all else. That ending should have been kept for at least JL2. What's the point of Darksied showing up now? Gonna do the ending all over again? Are they gonna go the evil Superman route? I can't see any comeback from this. This is still DC phase 1. No stand alone movies so far, fleshing out these characters stories. That makes this ending even worse.

@Mitts, hurry up and see it and write about it. I admittedly love your write ups on things like this, and I usually don't like reading things written by a cunt.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Monkei » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:12 am

Riku Rose wrote: I've asked a million times why a team needs Batman when they have people like Superman and that didn't get answered here.

Seriously? He beat Superman. He wiped the floor with him, which is a pretty good answer to me. What good is having people like Superman on a team when you don't have the guy who's better? He's got the brains, the skills, technology, money to build a sweet tower on the moon, I don't get what's not to get about that.

@Peter
What's with the not sleeping for 40 hours? Why? I seriously worry for your health sometimes, as you seem to obsess over stuff too much. Sorry if this offends you, but I'm actually wondering if you're gonna be alright in the future. :l

Looking forward to Mittenz' and OL's opinion.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby KiBa » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:50 am

Monkei wrote:
He's got the brains, the skills, technology, money to build a sweet tower on the moon.

:shock: Brains, huh? Because a Trump tower on the goddamn Moon is conducive to fighting bad guys on Earth.... It's comics, so I'll assume there's a Bat Teleporter in his parents' basement (i.e. the Bat Cave) so there's no 72 hour Bat Rocket commute to work.

KiBa has received a thanks from: Monkei
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Monkei » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:33 am

I used that particularly comic-y example to say he's got the funds for all kinds of crazy stuff a Justice League could need. :p And it's not exactly one of the main reasons for the League needing him of course, but it surely adds to the overall package.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:36 am

Monkei wrote:
Riku Rose wrote: I've asked a million times why a team needs Batman when they have people like Superman and that didn't get answered here.

Seriously? He beat Superman. He wiped the floor with him, which is a pretty good answer to me. What good is having people like Superman on a team when you don't have the guy who's better? He's got the brains, the skills, technology, money to build a sweet tower on the moon, I don't get what's not to get about that.

That was just down to the kryptonite. The moment they come up against the bad guy in the Justice League Batman will be so out powered that he will just hang back like he did in the Doomsday fight, heck in that fight he didn't even go get the staff Superman did.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Monkei » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:18 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
Monkei wrote:

That was just down to the kryptonite. [...]

Well, so was Superman beating Doomsday. Sometimes it's just down to the kryptonite I guess. What counts is that Bats found a way of beating him, being determined as hell and using the right strategy and tools. It's not like Comissioner Gordon could have done it the same way.

And well yeah, there really wasn't that much he could do during the final battle. But he did use one of his kryptonite-gas grenades to prevent Doomsday from releasing another critical energy burst at a crucial moment, making it possible for Clark to go in for the kill while Diana was holding him back. That killing blow was achieved by the three of them working together.

It's always good to have him on your team, even if you're strong enough to punch a hole into the moon. Why does this even have to be discussed? :p
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:25 pm

Watchin it Tuesday, Wednesday n possibly weekend. Feelin like I'm fiendin for a needle or crack pipe right now.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:27 pm

Monkei wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:
Monkei wrote:

That was just down to the kryptonite. [...]

Well, so was Superman beating Doomsday. Sometimes it's just down to the kryptonite I guess. What counts is that Bats found a way of beating him, being determined as hell and using the right strategy and tools. It's not like Comissioner Gordon could have done it the same way.

And well yeah, there really wasn't that much he could do during the final battle. But he did use one of his kryptonite-gas grenades to prevent Doomsday from releasing another critical energy burst at a crucial moment, making it possible for Clark to go in for the kill while Diana was holding him back. That killing blow was achieved by the three of them working together.

It's always good to have him on your team, even if you're strong enough to punch a hole into the moon. Why does this even have to be discussed? :p

Yeah, I'm reading spoilers without having seen the movie. Whatever.

Anyway, regardless of whatever he seems to be in the movie, Batman's main value as a member of the JL in the comics is that he's a detective. "The World's Greatest" detective, as it's always put. Whenever there's shit to be figured out (and let's face it, most stories in existence try to build upon a mystery of some kind), he's the one to do it. While seemingly everyone else serves as the brute strength in some capacity, Batman is the brainpower. That also makes him the strategist as well.

OL has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:49 pm

I thought Batman was well known enough by now for that answer to be quite obvious.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:22 pm

The movie makes you question the logistics of it, that's how bad it is.

It looked like Superman LET him win. The kind of cunning you expect Batman to pull off was kind of piss poor. Either that or Supes is just kind of stupid, which doesn't help at all either. I mean he walked RIGHT into a gas spray trap. WTF. I expect that shit in Home Alone.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic