Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:06 am

We are all here for you.

I hope all goes well.

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: ShenSun
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Absentia » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Didn't we use to have a doctor around here back in the day?
Absentia
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:12 pm

Absentia wrote: Didn't we use to have a doctor around here back in the day?

Atlantean? He was a trainee nurse. I suppose real life got in the way. Which is good for him, considering.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby ys » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:34 am

Damn...
I can halfly relate. I had been having diffuse pain down there over a year ago, got some infection apparently but tests didn't show any bacteria or transmittable diseases (which they suspect first of all). With some pills the pain eventually went away but came back a few months ago. I also have some trouble with a nerve in my back (due to work before) which radiates so I thought that this maybe was the cause.
But I did notice a "floating" lump where the pain seemed to radiate from. Finally they checked with ultrasound two weeks ago and told me that it didn't seem dangerous. Just today I got a letter again, confirming that it was a benign cyst attached to the pipe work down there ;) We'll see.

ys has received 2 thanks from: ShenSun, wude
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby UnHoly Bible » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:46 pm

I've had dull pains come and go down there (a couple cysts are there apparently) for about 6 years, 4 of which i was a massive alcoholic. Probably means i don't got cancer right? I got a bad thing with cysts and used to have severe cystic acne too, theyre probably present on most of my organs
UnHoly Bible
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenSun » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:56 pm

ys wrote: Damn...
I can halfly relate. I had been having diffuse pain down there over a year ago, got some infection apparently but tests didn't show any bacteria or transmittable diseases (which they suspect first of all). With some pills the pain eventually went away but came back a few months ago. I also have some trouble with a nerve in my back (due to work before) which radiates so I thought that this maybe was the cause.
But I did notice a "floating" lump where the pain seemed to radiate from. Finally they checked with ultrasound two weeks ago and told me that it didn't seem dangerous. Just today I got a letter again, confirming that it was a benign cyst attached to the pipe work down there ;) We'll see.

So glad to hear that its nothing serious. Good on you for getting it checked.

ShenSun has received a thanks from: ys
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ShenSun » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:57 pm

UnHoly Bible wrote: I've had dull pains come and go down there (a couple cysts are there apparently) for about 6 years, 4 of which i was a massive alcoholic. Probably means i don't got cancer right? I got a bad thing with cysts and used to have severe cystic acne too, theyre probably present on most of my organs

My opinion is to get checked out if you have any major concerns. Better to be safe than sorry.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ys » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:59 pm

ShenSun wrote:So glad to hear that its nothing serious. Good on you for getting it checked.

Thanks. It's a pity that I missed this thread when you created it otherwise I could have chimed in earlier. I'm still a bit wary though. I passed some standard tests and they noticed that benign cyst on a cord so it's case closed for them. But the thing is that they didn't explain yet why the pain arose. Or why it still is there at times.
I think I'll check again with the doctor who I first talked to. As you wrote, they sometimes don't want to search more because of financial reasons. In any case, I'll keep an eye on your posts to see how it goes.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby ShenSun » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:14 pm

ys wrote:
ShenSun wrote:So glad to hear that its nothing serious. Good on you for getting it checked.

Thanks. It's a pity that I missed this thread when you created it otherwise I could have chimed in earlier. I'm still a bit wary though. I passed some standard tests and they noticed that benign cyst on a cord so it's case closed for them. But the thing is that they didn't explain yet why the pain arose. Or why it still is there at times.
I think I'll check again with the doctor who I first talked to. As you wrote, they sometimes don't want to search more because of financial reasons. In any case, I'll keep an eye on your posts to see how it goes.

The cyst may be pressing against some nerves, which can cause pain. Definitely get it checked out again though if your concerned.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenSun » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:08 pm

An absolute shame. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/18/west-ham-united-death-dylan-tombides
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenSun » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:59 pm

Don't know how to say this, but im fairly certain that i may have a recurrence of the same cancer.

I was very fortunate enough to catch the cancer early back in january. However, the doctor's always said that there was a 30% chance that I could relapse as i never had any additional treatment (chemo, radiotherapy, etc). Over the past two weeks ive been feeling some strange pains and aches in my left lower back. To no surprise this is the area where the cancer spreads to next. I don't think ive ever felt sensations like this in that location before.

I got a scan booked next week, so i should know for sure. The "Telling the family" part is the most difficult thing to do however.

I'll keep you guys updated when I know for certain
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Axm » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:52 am

Shit. I hope you're ok man. Good luck with the scan.

Axm has received a thanks from: ShenSun
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Yama » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:25 am

Good luck with your scan. Keep us posted, you're not alone.

Yama has received a thanks from: ShenSun
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby wude » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:32 pm

I wish you the best mate

wude has received a thanks from: ShenSun
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Stop gettin cancer you fuckin bellend...

...but seriously, good luck. Make sure you win round two n'all if it comes to it.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic