Has anyone seen Wude? People are worried.

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Has anyone seen Wude? People are worried.

Postby Hyo Razuki » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:28 pm

I'm sure we can find somebody who speaks Arabic. I don't know anyone in person but I think we can find someone.

Do we have anyone on the Dojo who actually lives on location in Morocco?
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Calshot » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:45 pm

amiga1200 wrote: but it's completely laughable some claim to give a shit!

The Dojo wasn't always this bustling board with hundreds of people logged in. For many years, the Dojo was just 20-30 active members. It may seem silly to you, but it's actually possible to foster friendships over the internet. People on this board have met in real life. People have helped chip in for forum members who are down on their luck financial wise and medical expenses for people who can't cover themselves.

On a different board that was even smaller than the Dojo--we're talking maybe 10-15 active members on a good day--a longtime member of the forum died. I never met the guy. Never talked to him outside of the forum. I, along with pretty much every member of the board, chipped in for the guy's funeral expenses. It wasn't out of obligation or just being polite. It was because a friend had passed on.

So how about you make like a Nazi and goosestep on out of here?

Calshot has received 7 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, ConanTheKing, KiBa, Mr357, OL, Sonne2, Sonoshee
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:09 pm

Why do people still think Amiga's account is legit? People like that don't actually exist. He's just a cheesy parody of your stereotypical 13 year old 4chan/Reddit user.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Hyo Razuki » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:34 pm

Why don't you guys just put Amiga on your ignore (foes) list then? I'll do it if he continues to shitpost. Just thought his posts were entertaining sometimes.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:02 am

Calshot wrote:
amiga1200 wrote: but it's completely laughable some claim to give a shit!

The Dojo wasn't always this bustling board with hundreds of people logged in. For many years, the Dojo was just 20-30 active members. It may seem silly to you, but it's actually possible to foster friendships over the internet. People on this board have met in real life. People have helped chip in for forum members who are down on their luck financial wise and medical expenses for people who can't cover themselves.

On a different board that was even smaller than the Dojo--we're talking maybe 10-15 active members on a good day--a longtime member of the forum died. I never met the guy. Never talked to him outside of the forum. I, along with pretty much every member of the board, chipped in for the guy's funeral expenses. It wasn't out of obligation or just being polite. It was because a friend had passed on.

So how about you make like a Nazi and goosestep on out of here?

I have done modding work with Wude. I have had great technical conversations with him. I believe at this point anyone could claim him to be a friend of mine. And yeah, I care about him a lot. He has done a lot for our community and he is someone I look up to. I am the kind of person who loves to help others.

south carmain wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote: Has anyone on the Dojo ever met him in real life? Like, does anyone know his last address? Maybe you could start asking there. Also, if you know his real name, how about trying to find his parents in the phone directory and call them up? Might as well try any other family members. People who share the same family name from the same town. Call them and ask them if they are related to that person.

He lives in Morocco and has a common name so it's a bit more difficult to find him than in a first world country. There's also the language barrier making things harder.

My friend who is also my co-worker is from Morocco. I brought him into these plans and he will do some snooping for me when he goes home in the coming months.

My final thoughts on this are that I do not think Wude would just get up and leave. Not to mention, it is not only the DOJO he is missing from. I've rreached out to him on Facebook. All of his social medias go silent on the same night which is what alarmed me to begin with.

If Wude is truly gone, then we really have lost someone great. He is a hero of mine and this hurts me personally to the point where I will do some hacking just to see if he is OK.

Amiga: Do not question my integrity. I am the last person you want to piss off in these communities.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby amiga1200 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:13 am

:oops: sorry, it wasn't you, i should've been more clear the first time.
anyway, noted! 8)
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:17 am

shengoro86 wrote:I am the last person you want to piss off in these communities.

Eh? Since when did you do threats?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:36 am

amiga1200 wrote: :oops: sorry, it wasn't you, i should've been more clear the first time.
anyway, noted! 8)

No problem. I'm just fed up with a lot of shit right now. Sorry to blow up like that.

MiTT3NZ wrote:
shengoro86 wrote:I am the last person you want to piss off in these communities.

Eh? Since when did you do threats?

When they are needed. I'm not always ok with people walking over me. Plus, this is a bad time in my life and I have re-adopted my "I dont give a fuck" factor. Mess with me and I'll call you out now. Simple.

Don't worry Mittenz, I respect the shit out of you bro.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby rome » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:19 am

I don't know Wude personally, but from what I've heard he seems like a helluva person. Any indication he could of got in trouble with the law?
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Monkei » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:30 pm

rome wrote: I don't know Wude personally, but from what I've heard he seems like a helluva person. Any indication he could of got in trouble with the law?

Please don't take this the wrong way, this is an issue that's been bugging me for a while now.

rome wrote:he could of got in trouble with the law?

Would of, could of, should of... that's not a thing, is it? There's no way it is. Is that a common mistake native speakers tend to make on the internet? Some kind of digital native symptom? Because I'm seeing it everywhere in comments sections and stuff like that. How does that happen? Is that because "would have" sounds almost like "would of" if spoken quickly? Like "they're" and "their"? If that's the case, then please, for the love of everything that exists, try to avoid it and tell everyone you see doing it to do the same, because it's honestly giving me cancer.. :shock:

Please don't take this personally or feel insulted, I just really need someone to clarify this for me. And sorry for straying so far off topic!
Last edited by Monkei on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:06 pm

It's a native speaker thing since I hear people actually SAY it sometimes. To the extent where even though I know it's wrong, I do it myself sometimes.

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Monkei
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby rome » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:15 pm

Monkei wrote:Please don't take this the wrong way, this is an issue that's been bugging me for a while now.
Could've.

Monkei wrote:Please don't take this personally or feel insulted, I just really need someone to clarify this for me. And sorry for straying so far off topic!

No worries. I'm aware what I typed now.
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby mrslig100 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:01 pm

I remember when I joined this place and it was nearly empty.
Very different place.
In another 6 years it'll be the same place with maybe one or two new frequent flyers.
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:10 pm

Good thing we have someone going to Morocco and doing a bit of research on Wude. Hope he's fine.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jibby » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:50 pm

I don't know the extents the search has already gone to, so forgive me if this suggestion is something that you've already tried, but I noticed that you tried reaching out to him on Facebook. Have you reached out to anybody on his friends list, mainly people he might have listed as relatives or close friends? I know that there's a language barrier but if you haven't tried it yet, it really might be worth investing in a translator. I'd be willing to donate towards that and I'm sure other members of the community would be too.

Jibby has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic