Twin Peaks Season 3

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Twin Peaks Season 3

Postby myshtuff » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:07 am

That's Leland at the end right?
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby streetwaves » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Really looking forward to this, and hope they really get it right. The original series is one of my all-time favorites.
streetwaves
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Yama » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:00 am

Damn, that's pretty hype.

Yama has received a thanks from: MelissagiZ
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby ys » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:35 pm

myshtuff wrote: I saw the movie and I honestly wasn't a fan, but I will give it another shot. I have not seen the fan edit either so maybe that is the way to go.

The movie is a bit darker without some of the lighter moments from the series. This might be symbolized in the beginning when a tv gets smashed.

Cyclonus wrote:I remember when it first started to all fall apart and seemed like it wasn't going to happen, there was definitely a moment of "Well, you can't have everything."

It was a bit hilarious to see some of the reactions on Twin Peaks forums at that time. I myself decided to wait and see because this happens now and then during negotiations. It was just a bit dumb maybe to announce things before the business side was mostly taken care of.

ShinChuck wrote:With a year, two of my favorite works of art, both of whom ended on big cliffhangers, are back. I honestly expected Shenmue 3 eventually; I thought Twin Peaks was entirely DoA! Good times for unfinished classics.

There were small hints in advance for both but I still didn't really think that this would actually happen.
Besides those, the X-Files also return. And last but not least Full House! I'm looking forward to that one's intricate dark storylines again. I think it's about an ancient evil kidnapping the family members (amongst others) to satisfy its boundless carnal desires or something.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:58 pm

The only thing that bugs me is that David Lynch wanted to do pretty much an "endless series", supported by the cast and not the mystery. The second season of Twin Peaks was kinda subpar.

Will there be a "new mystery" ? They'll try to keep adding to walk fire with me ? Or keep going the almost sitcom route that the last episodes had ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby ys » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:20 pm

shredingskin wrote: The only thing that bugs me is that David Lynch wanted to do pretty much an "endless series", supported by the cast and not the mystery. The second season of Twin Peaks was kinda subpar.

Will there be a "new mystery" ? They'll try to keep adding to walk fire with me ? Or keep going the almost sitcom route that the last episodes had ?

I don't think that it will go the soap-like route. I read an interview with Lynch (or Frost, can't remember now) where he mentioned that the creative freedom was why they chose the particular network. He added that it would allow them to go places they couldn't go to earlier due to network restrictions.

By the way, it's good that Frost is on board as well. He sometimes gets a bit forgotten but he's a big part of Twin Peaks too. Lynch might come with more crazy ideas but Frost is the counterpart who streamlines things and keeps it a bit more grounded and cohesive. That's part of why I liked the series actually. This balance between the normal world and the supernatural.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Previous

Return to Off Topic