Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

Postby manuel tripero » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:27 am

Apparently I was not the only one to be banned by ryudo over nothing, and the target of some "translate this to spanish".
manuel tripero
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:31 pm

Locke_cole wrote: Oh man. I have so many memories. I hate going back and reading my horrible horrible posts.

A few that come to mind

1. I'm pretty sure I could out post everyone! I remember a shit load of my posts were deleted on the dojo, and I was at RP almost all day everyday.

2. I remember when RP after the split came, there was like a...points system that gave you points for different things. One of the things you got points for was posting news links. I would just take news from yahoo and get it over to RP in an effort to always be the top point holder...it was always neck and neck between me and Kyodai

3. I remember the huge MSN chats and hilariousness

4. Right when the split went down me and Darkside went on our "fuck hellraiser" spree

5. Me and Juanfran tried to convince people I was a lesbian.

I literally could talk all freaking day about what I remember....this was my first forum I actually committed too, and the first place a young man with nerdy hobbies could talk to like minded internet friends.

EDIT: Guys....never,ever go back and read your old posts. This whole thing is cringe worthy http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewto ... 8&start=30

You forgot to mention the many times I beat the shit out of you over the years.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby b_ren » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:08 am

I remember being involved in the whiteshadow hate group for a while and just generally being a dick now and again. Then I remember not posting again for years. When i tried to get back on I found my account banned and think it was hacked at somepoint too... What ever happened to whiteshadow anyway?
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Jeff » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:38 pm

I have a memory of Ryo's place back in like 2003-04. You could obtain points by posting and exchange them for rewards. One of those rewards was to become a moderator. So I saved and saved and bought it and when I did people lost their freakin' minds and eventually banned me. Haha, children.

Jeff has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, St. Elmo's Fire
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Bellator » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:16 am

Back in the old days where you didn't had internet in every device bigger than your thumb and when you had to wait a whole week to download a movie off the internet, i was searching in vain for the official sega's "shenmue the movie" that also came out with the xbox version latter.

These times weren't like it is now where you can just click on a link on youtube and get to watch it...

After several frustating searches, I remember meeting a fellow portuguese fan here in these forums and asking about the movie.
Without knowing me from anywhere he burned a copy of shenmue the movie in two separate diks and shipped it to my house free of charge.

I have disgracefully forgot his username and strangely don0t have any private messages from him.. maybe it was from before these "new" forums went live in 2003.

Guess it just shows how shenmue fans stick together.

Bellator has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Bambi, St. Elmo's Fire
Bellator
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:05 pm

Are you think of Vyse Hazuky?;

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=132

Or maybe this guy?;

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=328

I do think I remember you from the forums before these ones as well! :D
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bellator » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:12 pm

I remember you too st. elmo's fire.

Regarding the member who helped me, it was netiher of those guys. It was way back in the day.
Bellator
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:24 pm

Bellator wrote: I remember you too st. elmo's fire.

Regarding the member who helped me, it was netiher of those guys. It was way back in the day.

Did he have a music-game-genre themed name and avatar? Rei-de-Tango/maybe Fango-something?

This does give me a nostalgic feel a bit like the old days in a way... :) :tup:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Locke_cole » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:14 am

Jeff wrote: I have a memory of Ryo's place back in like 2003-04. You could obtain points by posting and exchange them for rewards. One of those rewards was to become a moderator. So I saved and saved and bought it and when I did people lost their freakin' minds and eventually banned me. Haha, children.

lolz i remember that
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby muhu » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:14 pm

I think the legacy of myself former a.k.a Brosauce is part of the Dojo's history, rivalries and revelations. Not a good thing to be put into the books though.
muhu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby ConanTheKing » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:24 pm

I'm a recent member, but all I will say is I actually found that Kobe troll hilarious, I'm a bit saddened that he got banned.
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby muhu » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:35 pm

ConanTheKing wrote: I'm a recent member, but all I will say is I actually found that Kobe troll hilarious, I'm a bit saddened that he got banned.

Nah, I was being such an arse to everyone. At the end it only resulted with me having an petty orgasm over the Shenmue HD clickbait scam, whatever you wanna call it. I was also try'na be Miller from VideoGamerTV, the guy who did the Shenmue "not for real men" parody because he seemed hillarious and aspirational however I still am concerned over the slight affects that video may have caused. Peter kept warning me to stop posting like how I did in conjunction with the sig of Miller. Man, I really do realise the asshole in me. I still am an asshole.
muhu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby amiga1200 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:36 pm

i'm just MASSIVELY disappointed all-round, by a handful. (no names...YET!)
in-house cliques, and they don't try to hide it. :roll: (but i give others off-site heads-up. acquired tastes, and CONSTITUTIONS to weather it here!)
still, at least it's a place one can duplicate a help subject in case the last place it was at dies.
interactions are text anyway. (couldn't do live stream, i'd eat the biz end of a 12 gauge FAST!)
as a person that LIKES a lot (not an FANDIVA) shenmue, that's about all i have in common with the joint.
it'll do for now. :P
[edit]
corrections.
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby muhu » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:42 pm

amiga1200 wrote:i'm just MASSIVELY disappointed all-round, by a
handful. (no names...YET!)

Well, you aren't being treated well, that's how I see it but others claim your quite the creep with your post layout and constant chit chatter in relation to "doesn't make sense" since you post in bizzare fashion. You seem like a very dedicated, passionate fan anticipating Shenmue 3's arrival like me and others so your quite the guy. Just try and post sensibly and with a clear layout, makes all the difference. It's like presenting yourself in real life. I think your intrests are quite intriguing in all ways (at least it seems to me).
muhu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby amiga1200 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:45 pm

^^ missing the point dude. (and it's ALL public, not a pm or some such. it's my personal OUTLOOK at the place as a whole.)
whatever?! :arrow:
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic