Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

Postby Supa » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:11 pm

You want to talk about embarrassing posts? I don't think anyone has it worse than me. :lol:

There was a time I was posting all sorts of SEGA news in the SEGA forum, when hardly anyone else was posting there. Maybe around 2009-2010. I posted so many threads (some of them worth reading, others really minor), that I took up like two full pages of the board. I honestly didn't do it to inflate my post count, I think I just got way hyped over SEGA and wanted to try and promote them at the time.

Anyways, someone (Bluecast?) called me out on it, and I got defensive and it pretty much ended with me getting all riled up and leaving for a bit. I even created a thread at the SEGABits forum whining about how the Dojo was just a bunch of bitter people that can't appreciate anything that isn't Shenmue. #-o

I have matured since then, graduated high school and college, and have a full time job now. A lot has changed. :)
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:43 am

Even if I made cringe-worthy posts, old me was still awesome.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Supa
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:19 pm

mitts seems to be the rare anomaly around here where he was better back then than he is now :lol:

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:33 pm

I grew too fond of everyone. Except you, of course. I wasn't trolling when I voted you worst member.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Yama » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:33 pm

Supa wrote: You want to talk about embarrassing posts? I don't think anyone has it worse than me. :lol:

There was a time I was posting all sorts of SEGA news in the SEGA forum, when hardly anyone else was posting there. Maybe around 2009-2010. I posted so many threads (some of them worth reading, others really minor), that I took up like two full pages of the board. I honestly didn't do it to inflate my post count, I think I just got way hyped over SEGA and wanted to try and promote them at the time.

Anyways, someone (Bluecast?) called me out on it, and I got defensive and it pretty much ended with me getting all riled up and leaving for a bit. I even created a thread at the SEGABits forum whining about how the Dojo was just a bunch of bitter people that can't appreciate anything that isn't Shenmue. #-o

I have matured since then, graduated high school and college, and have a full time job now. A lot has changed. :)

Ignorant slut. :rotflmao:

Yama has received a thanks from: Supa
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Sonikku » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:56 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Damn, some of those old posts really are embarrassing like you guys are saying. Remember when people used to post on here when they were drunk?

And anyone else remember the anti-alimn alliance that Clint and me set up when he was going around spreading his Shenmue optimism everywhere. I remember trolling alimn in every Shenmue topic until Sonikku of all people actually warned me (not literally, Sonikku was instead just like "what the fuck, dude, calm down, I don't want to give you a warning") I was a right little prat when I went by "Kazuo Kiriyama" and "The Merovingian". I also vaguely remember constantly arguing with QWERTY back then. Alas, those fun days of being a little shit are over. :sad:

TheEdge was mentioned by Mittens before, but this guy was a real conspiracy nut, even though he was obviously putting it on for a flamebait sometimes...

viewtopic.php?t=38232
viewtopic.php?t=37064
viewtopic.php?t=37893

And after he got banned he went on the SEGA forums saying "RIP Shenmue Dojo" getting people to think the site died and lashed out on there because of his banning.

I became a part of the establishment too early in hindsight. I should have gone out on a binge and truly lived and trolled the FUCK out of this place in the early days. :lol: I was wound entirely too tight back then. :sad: I remember being dismayed that a game like DOA Xtreme beach volley ball was a massive seller compared to Shenmue2x when it lacked so much substance in comparison and called it "extreme bitch volley ball" in contempt. (we were VERY passionate about our games back then) Some poster called me out on it and went into a rant about how moderators shouldn't swear and serve as an example to the community. I think after that I was more rigid and more hesitant in what I said. A pity. I should have just told the lad to pop a chill pill. :lol:

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Supa » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:31 pm

Good times, good times. Even better that we can look back and laugh at our younger selves.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Thief » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Did gboy become panda_rapist?
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:39 pm

Yeah, but not out of his own choosing...a certain somebody changed his username to that before banning and deleting his account. I think his IP address got banned as well. He always had a picture of a panda in his sig. Was a decent enough bloke, I thought.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Shenmuedabest » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:30 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Yeah, but not out of his own choosing...a certain somebody changed his username to that before banning and deleting his account. I think his IP address got banned as well. He always had a picture of a panda in his sig. Was a decent enough bloke, I thought.

Yeah it was at the zenith of Ryudo's butt mastery. Their argument was probably over not liking Ys or something like that. Gboy seemed alright to me, he just refused to bow down to Ryudo's tyranny. Fair play imo, it came way before The Great Revolution of 2012.
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:58 am

I remember it was in a topic about weed smokers. Ryudo had taken his usual irrational line of calling everyone discussing the topic "losers" and "addicts" and "junkies" etc. GBoy took exception and they started arguing. GBoy then said Ryudo was addicted to the internet, and bet him a month's wages (that's how sure GBoy was of winning!) that Ryudo would find it harder to stay offline for a month than a weed smoker would find it to stay off weed for a month. Ryudo, realising he was backed into a conundrum he had no way out of and blatantly couldn't win (since he really was an internet junkie) decided to make GBoy look like a bad guy to try to fix it...

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Jeff » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:50 am

I'm still here, just very quiet. I'll check this place out maybe once a month. These days I seldom play video games though I have a PS4 and an Xbox One. I use my PS3 as a video streaming device for my bedroom. I mostly go on nature walks these days, drive my diesel VW Passat, stream netflix, watch Top Gear (or should I say reminisce given recent developments). Try to crack the biggest anomaly known to man, women. Do DIY projects to my condo. Try to attempt cooking. Serve as president of a rotary club, vp of a brokerage firm, member of a couple chamber of commerce's. Play with my dog. Take a train into NYC occasionally and just wander around Manhattan. I guess that sums it up really, the phase of life of a 31 year old man looking forward to the next phase.

Do I care about Shenmue 3 at this point? Honestly?... A small amount. Games these days don't tickle me like they used to. I hate online gaming. I tried to get into it with GTA 5 online. Started that with the sounds of teen screaming and cursing on it and found myself being chased in the woods by a man with a chainsaw for a good 10 minutes and that was about it for me. The others seem to be intense shooters and I've become too subdued to get that wound up anymore. Sports games which I'm not really into. It's not like how it used to be. Liked Assasin's Creed Black Flag and Unity but the story lines didn't captivate me. Really liked Last of Us and wish there was more of that quality, but there isn't. Seems like most developers are interested in phone games than console games. Cheaper to make and greater customer base. I drove a jet ski off the gulf of mexico a few weeks ago and found that more fun than any video game I've played so I'd rather do that given the option. I guess I'm more looking for new things in my life. When I do play I could use some friends on them, so my gamertags are below. You are far more likely to see me on there than here. :mnky:

xboxone gamertag= jgkny
ps4 gamertag=jgk1020

Jeff has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Supa
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby south carmain » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:28 pm

Thanks for dropping in to remind us how much of a twat you are, jeff.

south carmain has received 3 thanks from: Jeff, Shenmuedabest, silent killer
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Master Kyodai » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:01 pm

Jeff wrote: I'm still here, just very quiet. I'll check this place out maybe once a month. These days I seldom play video games though I have a PS4 and an Xbox One. I use my PS3 as a video streaming device for my bedroom. I mostly go on nature walks these days, drive my diesel VW Passat, stream netflix, watch Top Gear (or should I say reminisce given recent developments). Try to crack the biggest anomaly known to man, women. Do DIY projects to my condo. Try to attempt cooking. Serve as president of a rotary club, vp of a brokerage firm, member of a couple chamber of commerce's. Play with my dog. Take a train into NYC occasionally and just wander around Manhattan. I guess that sums it up really, the phase of life of a 31 year old man looking forward to the next phase.

Do I care about Shenmue 3 at this point? Honestly?... A small amount. Games these days don't tickle me like they used to. I hate online gaming. I tried to get into it with GTA 5 online. Started that with the sounds of teen screaming and cursing on it and found myself being chased in the woods by a man with a chainsaw for a good 10 minutes and that was about it for me. The others seem to be intense shooters and I've become too subdued to get that wound up anymore. Sports games which I'm not really into. It's not like how it used to be. Liked Assasin's Creed Black Flag and Unity but the story lines didn't captivate me. Really liked Last of Us and wish there was more of that quality, but there isn't. Seems like most developers are interested in phone games than console games. Cheaper to make and greater customer base. I drove a jet ski off the gulf of mexico a few weeks ago and found that more fun than any video game I've played so I'd rather do that given the option. I guess I'm more looking for new things in my life. When I do play I could use some friends on them, so my gamertags are below. You are far more likely to see me on there than here. :mnky:

xboxone gamertag= jgkny
ps4 gamertag=jgk1020

OMG, a VW Passat, these are so common here in Germany. Didn't even know they were available in the U.S.

I actually drive a Ford Focus with all the extras that are available in Germany (Traffic Sign recognition, Lane keeping assist, Self parking and so on). hell I just wanted a car that is at least somewhat american even though it's assembled here in Germany.

Jet Ski is loads of fun. I always thought that when i retire i might talk the wife into moving to Ibiza, get a Jet Ski and an ATV. All you need.

I also rarely play games these days, but "Life is strange" got me out of hibernation recently. Rotary club... Hmmm i thought about getting into Lions club (I guess they are what rotary club is in the US) but i just lack the time. maybe when the kids are older. I'd like to do something good.

Master Kyodai has received a thanks from: Jeff
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jeff » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:36 pm

Master Kyodai wrote:
Jeff wrote: I'm still here, just very quiet. I'll check this place out maybe once a month. These days I seldom play video games though I have a PS4 and an Xbox One. I use my PS3 as a video streaming device for my bedroom. I mostly go on nature walks these days, drive my diesel VW Passat, stream netflix, watch Top Gear (or should I say reminisce given recent developments). Try to crack the biggest anomaly known to man, women. Do DIY projects to my condo. Try to attempt cooking. Serve as president of a rotary club, vp of a brokerage firm, member of a couple chamber of commerce's. Play with my dog. Take a train into NYC occasionally and just wander around Manhattan. I guess that sums it up really, the phase of life of a 31 year old man looking forward to the next phase.

xboxone gamertag= jgkny
ps4 gamertag=jgk1020

OMG, a VW Passat, these are so common here in Germany. Didn't even know they were available in the U.S.

I actually drive a Ford Focus with all the extras that are available in Germany (Traffic Sign recognition, Lane keeping assist, Self parking and so on). hell I just wanted a car that is at least somewhat american even though it's assembled here in Germany.

Jet Ski is loads of fun. I always thought that when i retire i might talk the wife into moving to Ibiza, get a Jet Ski and an ATV. All you need.

I also rarely play games these days, but "Life is strange" got me out of hibernation recently. Rotary club... Hmmm i thought about getting into Lions club (I guess they are what rotary club is in the US) but i just lack the time. maybe when the kids are older. I'd like to do something good.

Yea they are here, the TDI's aren't as common as in Germany. Love the torque and 700+ mile range. I drive close to 400 miles a week so it's useful to me. Also have a Hyundai Sonata but that thing just about hit the total mileage on the lease so it sits pretty much. Ford Focus is a solid car, drove one for a day when my car was being serviced and I could drive that everyday.

It's so easy to Jetski and it's so much fun, when you get out to sea it feels like you have total freedom, plus the dolphins come up close and are friendly. It's great. Naples, Florida was where I did it where many German tourists come as I hear them speaking German walking the streets and actually is the largest population of German born residents in the US.

I am one of the youngest presidents of Rotary in the Northeast of the US, but whatever. Many of the members I knew my whole life so when we have meetings its like checking up on the family in a way.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic