Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

Postby south carmain » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:47 am

Latin King wrote: Whatever happened to Cornchipz?

Found out he was allergic to corn the hard way.

south carmain has received a thanks from: Latin King
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Supa » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:31 am

Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Shenmuedabest » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:54 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: I remember he created alternate accounts of other members, me and Jeff being two of them. I remember because they were quite scarily spot on, to the extent where I saw one of "my" posts that I didn't remember posting and it took a while to click...

This wasn't the first or last time QWERTY chased someone off the forums;

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34786

:lol:

Ugh. Cringe. I was such a bell end in those days (although I still think Clint was/is a prat)

EDIT:

Fucking hell

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19822&hilit=Lipstick&start=750

Sorry guys, I've been such an arsehole here (although I still think LanDC is/was a prat)
Last edited by Shenmuedabest on Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:07 pm

If it helps, I found that topic simply by putting the word "cawk" into the search. :D

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Shenmuedabest
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Shenmuedabest » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:09 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: If it helps, I found that topic simply by putting the word "cawk" into the search. :D

It's a great word!

Shenmuedabest has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:24 pm

God, I am actually going back and reading some of these old topics now. Were we mentally retarded back then? When did we get over that? Is it possible to get over that? I feel like some of these old posts define the theory of "young and dumb" its just back and forth verbal exchanges for pages and pages, my goodness... Sure its funny as shit looking back on it, but equally concerning. Like when did this transformation into bad asses occur? and its such a drastic difference between now and then. We were a bunch of snot nosed cunts back then that thought words would solve the problems. God I love this place.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:04 pm

Those topics are pure gold. I couldn't stop laughing. I love how each paragraph is quoted and then responsed to. Jesus, that must have took ages. Some of those sayings are just hilarious. LanDC gave as good as he got lol.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Shenmuedabest » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:33 pm

I've actually got no words to describe how embarrassed I feel by reading that shit.

That's the truth.

Some of that was pure vitriol and I'm sure my mindset at the time was "isn't this hilarious?". It wasn't clever trolling though. Not like getting AG the top 3 worst awards in the SD awards 2013. Lol

Only kidding AG, it was funny though...

Shenmuedabest has received 2 thanks from: Henry Spencer, MiTT3NZ
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:50 pm

Only I was epic enough to have been the only member here to have done that ;-)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Shenmuedabest » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:52 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Only I was epic enough to have been the only member here to have done that ;-)

You gave us all a cold hard

FUCK YOU

Shenmuedabest has received a thanks from: south carmain
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:21 pm

Yeah, but since then I realized yall didnt mean it, and actually loved me to death, and that was yalls way of showing me all that love. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Supa
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:04 pm

Shenmuedabest wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote: If it helps, I found that topic simply by putting the word "cawk" into the search. :D

It's a great word!

That's why that topic sticks in my mind, 'cos I first saw that word there! The sentence it was at the end of in that topic is still pretty bloody funny, too! :lol:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:09 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: God, I am actually going back and reading some of these old topics now. Were we mentally retarded back then? When did we get over that? Is it possible to get over that? I feel like some of these old posts define the theory of "young and dumb" its just back and forth verbal exchanges for pages and pages, my goodness... Sure its funny as shit looking back on it, but equally concerning. Like when did this transformation into bad asses occur? and its such a drastic difference between now and then. We were a bunch of snot nosed cunts back then that thought words would solve the problems. God I love this place.

That's the thing, most of the members back then were excellent at being cunts to each other, but in more serious discussion topics we were able to be intelligent and nice to each other as well. I go and read some of my own ancient posts and the me that posted then seemed much better at being a dick, but also smarter/funnier the rest of the time too...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:16 pm

I hate reading my own posts, especially the whole Ryudo farce. No matter if I am upholding the TOS of the Dojo, or just trying to be a mod, yoy always feel like a dick. Especially in that period, I was waiting on a PM from Yama telling me off. That was a more serious time for the Dojo though, since the site was being taken in a new mature direction. Reading those older topics when we were all kids in the net, and the place was a bit more mental, everyone had a voice and was not afraid to use it. That led to some of the funniest things I've ever read.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:14 pm

Damn, some of those old posts really are embarrassing like you guys are saying. Remember when people used to post on here when they were drunk?

And anyone else remember the anti-alimn alliance that Clint and me set up when he was going around spreading his Shenmue optimism everywhere. I remember trolling alimn in every Shenmue topic until Sonikku of all people actually warned me (not literally, Sonikku was instead just like "what the fuck, dude, calm down, I don't want to give you a warning") I was a right little prat when I went by "Kazuo Kiriyama" and "The Merovingian". I also vaguely remember constantly arguing with QWERTY back then. Alas, those fun days of being a little shit are over. :sad:

TheEdge was mentioned by Mittens before, but this guy was a real conspiracy nut, even though he was obviously putting it on for a flamebait sometimes...

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38232
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37064
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37893

And after he got banned he went on the SEGA forums saying "RIP Shenmue Dojo" getting people to think the site died and lashed out on there because of his banning.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic