Star Wars: The Force Awakens-Full SPOILER discussion inside.

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Trailer #2

Postby Sonikku » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:43 am

Kenny wrote:
Riku Rose wrote: They could make a two hour movie of Han Solo and Chewiee just hanging out in a bar and I'd watch it.

My Dinner with Chewie.

How about a movie where Chewbacca wins a once in a lifetime chance for a life supply of chocolate by pulling a golden ticket from a candy bar? Could call it "Chewie and The Chocolate Factory". :D I'd watch it.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Sonikku » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:31 pm

Star Wars Rebels trailer is out.

phpBB [video]
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:28 pm

phpBB [video]

Raithos has received a thanks from: Kenny
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Kenny » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:40 pm

Love that beginning.

The rest of it is pretty cool. Trying to get my tickets on Fandango but my god, Star Wars effectively killed it.

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, TwiceFriedRice
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:47 pm

/pants shit

Well, it seems the Kylo Ren wants to carry on where Darth Vader left off. Does that mean the resemblence of his mask to Darth Revan and him possibly being involved with the ressurection of The Order of Revan debunked? I would be okay with a KOTOR tie in, but im not sure if KOTOR is considered official canon or not.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:48 pm

I got to the check out screen with no problems, then it sat for like 5 minutes just loading constantly before Fandango crashed lol. Got the confirmation email though so I'm good, I hope.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:52 pm

I heard in select theaters they are marathoning all the star wars movies and then showing The Force Awakens after Return of the Jedi.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:24 am

They're apparently doing late and midnight shows the day before, but fuck me, of course they're sold out except for that INSANE 5AM showing. WTF, seriously? Fuck that.

And they're doing the marathoning thing here, as much as I would like to see the original three on the big screen again...I'm waiting on the ORIGINAL theatrical releases to be re-released. No doubt they'll be the special editions.

And alot of people want KOTOR to tie in. Why? It's like wanting Droids, Ewok Adventures, Clone Wars, Star Tours, Dark Forces, Battlefront, The Force Unleashed, and all those Extended Trilogy books to tie in. Keep all that separate from the canonical theatrical releases.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:49 am

im gonna have to add Shadows of the Empire to that list.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby SledgeNE » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:57 am

When i played Shenmue and Shenmue II i had in the Key-Moments tears in my eyes, specially at the Big End of these Games, because it was so wonderful for playing. And the same happens to me with these fantastic Trailer.

The force is strong in Disney. 8) :D
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Three Blades » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:09 am

Sweet, can't wait to see Ben Skywalker, Jaina Solo and Allana Solo on the big screen for the first time. Wonder who are playing Tahiri and Zekk and Lowbacca? Will Abeloth make an appearance?

...wait, WHAT?

... In all seriousness, I gave up on Star Wars when it became obvious that Disney would ruin it with their stupid reboot. As a hardcore Star Wars fan, I can't accept this as anything other than a glorified fanfic.

They could have at least allowed the superior Legends continuity to keep going as a book series. No, instead, let's wipe it out and throw all the hardcore fans under the bus. Because who cares about the folks who have kept Star Wars alive during the past 20+ years.

Thanks for killing Star Wars, Disney.
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:33 am

Yes, it was Disney that killed Star Wars and not three awful prequels. :rotflmao:

You say that it was hardcore Star Wars fans that kept the franchise going in the past 20 years. Despite the fact Phantom Menace made 1 billion at the box office, and the entire prequel trilogy altogether made almost 3 billion put together at the box office. :rotflmao:

You say 'hardcore fans" kept the series going, despite the Star Wars Special Edition theatrical releases, the video re-releases of the Original Trilogy on VHS, DVD, and Blu Ray, as well as the Prequel trilogy.

The Star Wars franchise is worth 3.6 billion, and the only thing keeping the franchise together were novels and video games? :rotflmao:

Three blades, all dull.

Himuro has received a thanks from: TwiceFriedRice
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Three Blades » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:43 am

Though the prequels were bad, SW was still thriving through the excellent NJO book series, and after that with the following books. These are the real continuation to SW after Endor. The books kept SW alive during the 20 years gap between the OT and the prequels. I bet you're too stupid to realize how stupid your comment is. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I personally don't really give a rat's ass about the prequels, and the same goes for this quote unquote "Episode 7". The real episode 7 is Heir to the Empire, TFA is made for n00bs that don't know sh*t about Star Wars.
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Thief » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:09 am

The Star Wars books are fantasy trash novels. They are really bad. Pretty lame to call someone stupid or a "n00b" just because they don't read crap.

Star wars itself is overrated though -- two and a half good movies and 40 years of nostalgia. There is more to life than just Star Wars.

That said, looking forward to the movie -- If it's good, then I've enjoyed a good movie, and if it's bad, then I get to watch Star Wars nerds freak out about stupid nonsense for another 30 years. Win win.

Thief has received 3 thanks from: Himuro, OL, TwiceFriedRice
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Three Blades » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:38 am

The book series was actually really excellent. At its highest points, it was way better than the movies ever were. Sure, it had a lot of stinkers, as well, but mostly in the era when Bantam had the license. Del Rey's continuation was a lot more focused and actually had a point. I just finished re-reading the Fate of the Jedi series and it was really, really awesome.

Most of the shitty books are ones that don't really affect the overall continuation of the plot, and can be skipped easily without missing much. Bantam released a lot of those between 1992 and 1999.
I can understand hating the whole book series if you don't like SW at all though, but it's hypocritical to like the movies while liking NONE of the books. They're the same. If anything, even many of the bad books are better than the prequels at least.

But as for those that fit in the new Disney continuity, all of those are shit. So excuse me for not being too keen on TFA so far. I'll give it a chance but I'm not expecting much.
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic