UK General Election

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: UK General Election

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri May 08, 2015 12:07 pm

Greens got quite a lot of votes (well over a million) so it shows that people weren't just voting between the same two as usual. But yeah, fucking Tories are back in. :roll:
We have a right dickhead (Tory twat) in our area and he got back in with like less than half a % between him and the Labour guy. Glad Ed Balls lost his seat, though. :lol:
Maybe next time Labour can choose somebody who's actually right for the role of potential Prime Minister i.e. David fucking Miliband, not Ed, who couldn't get anyone to take him seriously.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Shenmuedabest » Fri May 08, 2015 12:33 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: All this shit about privatising the NHS is utter bollocks. Before any of this came out, everyone was moaning that they're overworked. What they've done is taken a chunk of money and hired private health facilities to do research and development of treatments, vaccines, cures, etc.

This is money that would have gone to the NHS, but has gone elsewhere to decrease their workload. The work is being done for the NHS. It is not being privatised. You still receive the same shit you would've got in the first place.

Keep running your mouth and you'll eventually convince yourself that that bollocks you're peddling is fact.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/ournhs/ca ... s-with-nhs

Shenmuedabest has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri May 08, 2015 12:40 pm

So....who actually voted Labour? Anyone brave enough to admit it? The thought of Ed Balls messing around with our treasury is simply terrifying, IMO...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri May 08, 2015 12:43 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: So....who actually voted Labour? Anyone brave enough to admit it? The thought of Ed Balls messing around with our treasury is simply terrifying, IMO...

I did.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Shenmuedabest » Fri May 08, 2015 12:49 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: So....who actually voted Labour? Anyone brave enough to admit it? The thought of Ed Balls messing around with our treasury is simply terrifying, IMO...

I did.

Far more shameful to have voted for the fucking Tories, by a long shot.
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri May 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Ah well. Maybe in another five years. ;-)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Shenmuedabest » Fri May 08, 2015 1:03 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Ah well. Maybe in another five years. ;-)

This isn't like supporting a fucking football team mate. Not wanting to sound too drastic or anything but this is going to have a significant impact on most every day folks general wellbeing. Lives are literally at stake here. Fucking withdrawing from the Human Rights Act, wtf?
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri May 08, 2015 1:46 pm

Yeah, the Tories were/are a bunch of kiddy fiddlers. And they've done a great job of covering it up and making everyone forget about it. :-"
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Fri May 08, 2015 1:58 pm

wow, this is the first time that I properly agree with qwerty (if that's him). This is fucking disastrous. People were totally duped by the Torys' "our economy is on the right track" fucking bullshit. When basically every single credible economist has totally debunked the myth that austerity works. But that's what we've got another 5 years of now. The truth is the Conservatives love the fucking deficit, as it gives them an excuse to strip welfare from those who need it, privatize the NHS, fuck up education, and all the other shit they do. The inequality in our society is only going to continue to get worse and worse. And with everything that happened in Scotland, and the North of England remaining largely red, the UK is so divided right now.

But personally I actually quite liked Ed, and definitely more so than David Miliband. David was just Tony Blair mk2, at least Ed was a tiny bit more left. But after this defeat it looks likely Labour will be looking for a new Blair, and we'll have even less choice again. It's looking grim. Being a cunt is basically a prerequisite for this country to vote you PM it seems. We just want the biggest cunt.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri May 08, 2015 2:12 pm

Tories already getting ready with the axe and guillotine:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 37191.html

Fucking disgusting.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Fri May 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Victory!
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby mue 26 » Fri May 08, 2015 2:22 pm

I just really hope the SNP forget about independence, set their aims higher, and start putting up candidates in England. I'd be down with them.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri May 08, 2015 2:25 pm

mue 26 wrote: I just really hope the SNP forget about independence, set their aims higher, and start putting up candidates in England. I'd be down with them.

Um, why? All that SNP care about is Scotland. So, unless you live in Scotland, then they're not really the party for you.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Fri May 08, 2015 2:34 pm

Because aside from the nationalism, I quite like their policies, which are more progressive than either Labour's or the Tory's. Scotland voted for them for those progressive policies more than any kind of nationalism. Hence why I wish they would rebrand themselves and set their sights higher.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic