The reunion topic.

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

The reunion topic.

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:01 am

For me this is a very justified topic. We have the new members topic, and this is the opposite. The Bell has rung, and it's official. Not a remake, or a conference with Yu Suzuki. SHENMUE III is real!

So many names have returned in a short space of time, and a full on proper nostalgic sense has returned to the Dojo. We have had a few half attempts in the past of a full on old Dojo atmosphere, but this really really does feel like the old days of the Dojo, with so many veteran member returning, and the boards being the busiest they have ever been sinice their creation.

Someone was giving thanks to us who helped keep the Dojo alive over the years, in another topic. But this is a thank you topic, and celebration to those returning who some of us have not seen in over a decade. We stood on the shoulder of the effort that had gone before and just continued to build on what had gone before.

So with that, welcome back! Where have you been? What are you up to these days?

Peter has received a thanks from: Yukupo
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: The reunion topic.

Postby Kenny » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:17 am

I'm doing great, thanks.

Don't mind me, i'll be at the catering table eating the reunion members' food while they try and get here.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby ShenmueWeb2 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:59 am

I wouldn't be surprised if nobody here remembers me but it's awesome to be back nonetheless. You guys are amazing and I can't thank you enough. Where have I been? Hmm...college, grad school, traveling/working abroad, and now living/working in MN. Every few months over the past decade I would do a Google news search for Shenmue and get depressed. Seeing things like the fan HD remake made me smile and gave me a little bit of hope, but never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd ever read a headline that said "Shenmue III Announced!" Feels good.
ShenmueWeb2
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:14 am

I kinda miss the old guys. I spent a lot of time here during my late teens. I'm 28 now, wow, 12 years since I joined... Quite a bit happened in that time, I wonder what the other members are up to.

I got my degree in computer engineering, led the clandestine life for a while (does anyone remember when I sent my resume to the CIA as a joke? prob not.), but now I am working as a computer engineer for a weapons company. About to quit soon to start my own software company.

The junk forum was my favorite place, I am somewhat sad to see it gone.
Last edited by Mr. Frozen on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mr. Frozen has received 4 thanks from: goaliefrk, rome, Sonikku, TwiceFriedRice
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Locke_cole » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:23 am

Hey Guys,

Everyone's friendly resident asshole here. I have been popping in and out of the forums for years mainly to stalk Axm.

Things are waaay different compared to how they used to be.... I am pushing 30 and married with a beautiful 18 month old daughter. I am an analyst for a big marketing company ( I am actually friends with Jeff on LinkedIn LOL) and have almost 0 time for videogames. I still keep up with videogame news, I just unfortunately don't have much time to play them.

As far as Shenmue goes....I'm fucking amped. I still checked on Shenmue news from time to time, I even got the bug a few months ago and went through the games again (via emulator...unfortunately all my consoles and games except my 360 are lost to me now) I was actually planning on building a new gaming PC or perhaps getting a new PS4 as I am extremely excited for Fallout 4, but when I got the FF7/Shenmue 1-2 punch......I feel like the gaming bug is back in full swing.

I have missed posting regularly on the forum, or should I say the people....I have a ton of memories from this place from RP to MSN to playing Halo 2 on xbox live etc...It's good to be back.

Locke_cole has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:25 am

O SHIT LOCKE. I miss the bouncing boobies in your avatar.

EDIT: Nvm I'm an idiot apparently. Screw you then, lol.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Locke_cole » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:30 am

Mr. Frozen wrote: O SHIT LOCKE. I miss the bouncing boobies in your avatar.

Frozen you know I love you...forgive my oversight, your in there like swimwear

EDIT: Speaking of my avatar.....I have not watched anime in over a decade and completely forgot what this is from..does anyone know? I don't want to change my avatar as its...well my dojo avatar, but if I could get a bigger version that would be cool.
Last edited by Locke_cole on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yukupo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:33 am

I haven't been gone too long, I guess, since I pop in and out from time to time. But I graduated college majoring in digital arts and have spent the last 3 years as art director at an indie game studio, (Mad Otter Games.) I have a wonderful girlfriend and am kept pretty busy with life and work so I don't play games as much anymore either. (Though I am playing Shenmue at this very moment.)

Yukupo has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:34 am

All you bastards with girlfriends and I'm still playing with myself.

Peter has received a thanks from: goaliefrk
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Locke_cole » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:36 am

Yukupo- Great job man congrats

Peter- Your bank account is better for it I promise
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby goaliefrk » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:37 am

I started with the dojo back in 2002, we used a different site back then before everyone switched to this one in 2003. Always been goaliefrk tho, I think. ha

I recognize some of the oldies here, good to see everyone old and new.

I'm currently getting my Masters degree and am teaching at the University of North Texas.

The day we spoke of for years and years has arrived!

goaliefrk has received 2 thanks from: Sonikku, TwiceFriedRice
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:40 am

You still working on Red Baron?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:40 am

Peter wrote: All you bastards with girlfriends and I'm still playing with myself.

Well, if you want to know I caught my girlfriend cheating nearly red-handed about last year and broke up with her. I thought I was going to settle down with her but nope, she turned out to be a gold-digging slut. Oh well. Been single for about 8 months now (I haven't really been looking to be honest) and been having fun with that.

Locke_cole wrote:
Mr. Frozen wrote: O SHIT LOCKE. I miss the bouncing boobies in your avatar.

Frozen you know I love you...forgive my oversight, your in there like swimwear

<3
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yukupo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:44 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: You still working on Red Baron?

Still in the works but since we didn't get kickstarter the primary focus has been on our other game, Villagers & Heroes.

Yukupo has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Locke_cole » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:51 am

Mr. Frozen wrote:

Well, if you want to know I caught my girlfriend cheating nearly red-handed about last year and broke up with her. I thought I was going to settle down with her but nope, she turned out to be a gold-digging slut. Oh well. Been single for about 8 months now (I haven't really been looking to be honest) and been having fun with that.

Bitches be trippin my man
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Off Topic