Genius Music Moments in Films

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Genius Music Moments in Films

Postby OL » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:07 pm

Gross Pointe Blank is one of my favorite movies of all time, and this scene is just so perfect.
The Beat's 'Mirror in the Bathroom.'
So good for a fight scene at an 80's highschool reunion.

phpBB [video]
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bastard Yusuke » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:38 pm

Lux Aeterna at the end of Requiem for a Dream was epic. Although, to be fair, Lux Aeterna can make taking a sloppy shit seem epic.

Way down below the ocean in Goodfellas. I know that shoe shining bastard Joe Pesci will agree with me on this one.

In the House in a Heartbeat-28 Days Later. I always enjoy when songs come to a crescendo appropriately in a good movie like this one.

About Today-Moving moment brought the feels in one of my favorite movies Warrior. So perfect.

Festival by Sigur Ros- 127 Hours Powerful song that was used as a way to express freedom brilliantly at the end when James Franco is done cutting the fuck off of his arm.
Bastard Yusuke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby JaySw34 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:41 pm

I don't know how many Breaking Bad fans we have here but the score in that television series is fantastic. One specific part that comes to mind is in episode 5x02 (Madrigal)... **Spoiler ahead**

Toward the end of the episode when Mike is about to kill Lydia, you see an idea creep into his mind by his facial expression. This is where the dark, creepy score starts.. Instead of killing Lydia for putting the hit out on him, he decides that she can be of use if he were to work with Walter. At first he was absolutely against working with Walt (for good reason) but because the feds seized his millions he put aside for his granddaughter, he decides to give it a shot. The music playing here absolutely epitomizes Mike being pulled into Walts dark hell. This decision eventually leads to his death. Fantastic use of score. An example of less being more
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby lavrentis » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:37 am

Anyone think the soundtrack in Lost In Translation is underrated?
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Previous

Return to Off Topic