Feminism

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Feminism

Postby Mr. Frozen » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:32 am

Whoops, I accidentally deleted my post, went to edit but checked the box like an idiot and confirmed (drunk tonight... as is tradition). However I had the old post open in a tab. So I'll copy and paste it.

YUmakemygame wrote: Well to answer your question Henry... it's pretty bad here in America. Particularly in places like California or my city: New York.

Pardon me, but this is going to come out particularly harsh considering I'm talking about other women. I personally think feminists are the reason why there is so much separatism among the sexes. I usually find that most of the feminists I've have come across are women who absolutely refuse to groom themselves, respect potential suitors, or who are morbidly obese and blame men for not being attracted to them. They claim to be independent yet lean on the men to do everything, yet never take personal responsibility for anything they do. Some are very narcissistic and high maintenance and others look like Shane MacGowan. They never want to sacrifice anything in a relationship and wonder why no one will date them or marry them. And then they cry when they can't acquire a Diesel model who "sells his body to the masses" and who is possibly more attractive than they are. It just kills them that someone is somewhat in a higher station in life because they are utter failures and will do nothing about it.

And God forbid if you have 17% body fat versus 16%! Don't have a 12-pack? Oh, well aren't you a tubby little turd. Have a 12-pack? You're "manorexic". It's just the fact that these horrible degenerates are so undesirable that they create this nonsense cause to ease their loneliness while blaming the "man". This fight for equal wages here in NYC is very well misunderstood, especially since it has nothing to do with sex but a matter of insurance. Women tend to purchase more prophylactics and contraceptives versus males. Our bodies are designed differently, and have higher risks of certain diseases. And there is the matter of pregnancy. Some companies pay you for maternity leave and some don't. And they are well within their right to deny you such wages because you are in absentia; you're not generating revenue for the said business or company you are working for. This leftist ideology is weak and embarrassing to say in the least. Therefore I say: "Don't give me that. She don't make enough money she can quit."

I wouldn't put the blame on feminism regarding the separate attitudes between the sexes, but rather our basic human nature. In most species, the male competes with other males to mate with a female. Females are almost always the ones that are always guaranteed a mate and as a result, they just hang back and let the males do their thing. If a male proves to be "better" than the other males, the female still usually has the ability to choose if she wants that male to mate with her or not. With of my favorite creatures, the cuttlefish, the females have an ability to make with many males and choose which sperm can impregnate her. The wonderful thing is that she usually picks the male who outsmarts the other males over the males who fight each other... more on how that relates to humans later. There are a few species out there where the females compete for males (hyenas being one), but in those species the females exhibit the same aggressive behavior as males in other species (hell they even have a fake penis to rape the males if they want). The battle of sexes exist because, well, sex (not what bits and pieces you got, but you know, the bow chicka wow wow sex).

The wonderful thing about humans (and, our closest biological relatives, chimpanzees) is that our attitude towards sex is really dictated by society and biological urges. Many common chimpanzee societies are highly patriarchal, where the males fight each other for sex. Of course it isn't that simple, the males have the ability to rape and use cunning to mate with a female that is already guarded by a male. However, if you look at another species of chimpanzees, the bonobos, they are extremely matriarchal. The females pretty much give out sex to whoever asks (sometimes using sex to settle disputes between males), and as a result the males really don't give a shit about anything since they do not need to compete. The take away from this behavior is that chimp males are horny as hell. They will fight to have sex, but if they can freely get sex from any female with no strings attached, they will chill out and pretty much do nothing all day. The females, on the other hand, are pretty much guaranteed a mate, but when the males are not competing to mate, it gives the females more freedom to run things however they want.

I think humans exhibit a similar behavior. However it is a bit more complicated since we are far more intelligent than chimps. Biologically males are usually wired to be hornier than females. Our intelligence does allow some males to override their biological programming, but I this does not happen often I think. The numbers also back this up, 21% of men had over 15 sexual partners in their lifetime, while only a measly 8% of women had sex with over 15 males (source: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr036.pdf, pages 18 and 20). Human females are more selective than males, which has many implications in society. I think there are males out there who want to be with those females that you mentioned, the ones who do not want to groom themselves to appear more attractive to men. However, since it is in a woman's nature to be selective, they do not want to sleep with those men. This selection bias causes some men to become sexually frustrated men, and they may become resentful towards women as a results (according to the stats, these men are in the minority, but that may change as society gets more liberal... more on that later). They may even think women have an easier life as an result, which fuels their sexism even further. A good way to balance things out is to force a man to stay with one woman, and make it extremely looked down upon if a woman sleeps with a man outside of the man she chose to be with. Sound familiar? People like to think that we are an enlightened culture today, but there have been previous societies that were extremely sexually permissive (e.g. the Etruscans and their influence on Rome). History repeats itself, and I think if the world doesn't completely recognize the fundamental differences between sexes, we will revert back to a patriarchal society where women have less freedom because of basic human nature.

There is also the possibility of western society becoming matriarchal. If that happens, females will either need to be like hyenas, competing against each other for the best males, or like bonobos and pretty much let the males just sleep around as they please. Considering males are physically stronger than females, the bonobo approach is more likely for humans. Because of well, you know, rape. The bonobo-type matriarchy is actually seen in human matriarchal societies, such as the Mosuo. Women keep the family land, and have rights over land, etc but many of them do not know who the father of their child is. However, that carries no stigma for them as men literally have no responsibilities and pretty much conserve most of their energy for having sex.

For true equality to be achieved, fair laws will need to be made regarding sexual behavior. However, this is impossible to do because humans want freedom. Absolute freedom includes the freedom to have sex with whoever you want. However, men want to have sex with many women, and women want to have sex with only the best of men. The end state of this means only the most attractive of men will get find mates while the rest of the men cannot do anything about it. This has many implications, polygamy will become the norm, many men will stay poor and women will latch on to men with the highest status to ensure a better life. The divide between the rich and poor will become greater over time, poor women will want to marry rich men to get out of poverty, and the poor men will treat poor women like crap so they can ensure they will have a mate. A revolution will start eventually, and if successful, the patriarchy will be reinstated. The western world is pretty much doomed to the cycle of a full patriarchy, going extremely liberal, and then back to a patriarchy. I suppose there is the possibility of switching over to a matriarchy, but men are typically the ones who take interest in more technological pursuits. I think that is more of a biological thing because men are wired to be more aggressive and calculating then women, again because our male ancestors needed to be in order to successfully mate. However that is pure speculation on my part as we never had a technologically advanced matriarchal society on earth.

If I am wrong and women are capable of being as sexually liberal as men, then the path the western world is taking regarding equality is great. However I do not think that is the case, considering modern feminism is actually a thing.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shenmuedabest » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:41 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Come to think of it, do you really think having this debate on an over 90% male video game message board on the internet was really a good idea? *Looks who created this topic* that explains everything :lol:

edit -

Ok I was in the process of typing up another long winded post and then I realized there is only one thing that needs to be said. If you defend only one end of this gender battle and dont talk about or see the issues from the other genders perspective then YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!! Im done with this mind numbingly retarded debate, the more you make this an issue, the more you enable it. GOOD DAY SIRS

Thanks for the input bro. Really useful stuff.
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby Nahovil » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:24 am

There's a deeper level of understanding that everyone seems to ignore here and elsewhere. It deals with common behaviour in our daily lives. There's a male logic system in the way we think and how we approach every phenomenon. While equal pay, civil rights and other aforementioned things are of importance, this is substantial.

Start up in androcentrism and go on to Jacques Derrida and his phallogocentrism thesis.
Nahovil
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:34 am

This topic went from massively entertaining to ridiculously dull.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Rakim
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby mue 26 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:17 pm

Raithos wrote: Comparing the two is beyond absurd Mue. I know %100 you have never served your country or you would never spout trash like that. You do not know what its like spending 24 hours a day with people, becoming part of someone's life, depending on each other for survival, just to watch them get shot/stabbed/blown up in front of your face. People you have spent weeks, months, years with... gone in an instant. Waking up in the middle of the night to your camp being rained upon by mortar shells. Handing out food to civilians, just to be fired upon after they take it from you. You think being called names on twitter compares to that? You make me sick

I'm sorry I make you sick, mate, hope you get better soon.
Comparing people's suffering in general is a bit silly, I would agree. But as I already explained, making the statement that one person's pain is objectively worse than another's is nonsense, we're all unique individuals; some people want to go and fight for the army, and can handle it well (or at least better than others), but some suffer hugely and never recover. Some people have "thicker skin" and can cope with bullying and harassment better than others, but some are more sensitive, can't cope, and suffer unbearably. We shouldn't have to grow "thicker skin". Bullying is one of the worst things in the world (as is war), and it doesn't matter whether it's in school, the workplace, or on the internet. So to see you and several others in this thread trivialize the impact and horror of it, is quite disheartening.

Today, women legally have the same rights as men. I do not think feminism is needed at all anymore.

Yukupo already dealt with this argument. So just because we've achieved legal parity, we should just try to ignore all inequality and backwards attitudes that are still ubiquitous, and not strive for better?

Almost all feminists today are not feminists at all, they just want a matriarchal society that ignores the rights of men.

I usually find that most of the feminists I've have come across are women who absolutely refuse to groom themselves, respect potential suitors, or who are morbidly obese and blame men for not being attracted to them.

:lol: I'm sorry to laugh, but I honestly, genuinely, did not actually think anyone really truly believed these ridiculous stereotypes about feminists anymore. Do you live in the 1970s?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ys » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:38 pm

This afternoon, national radio was at it again :lol: A woman was ridiculing men, which she consistently called "penis bearers". She went on about how ugly and worthless "the sausage" (as she called it) was, how men get more pay because of owning one etc. The male host didn't dare to interrupt of course and only laughed uncomfortably.

Nahovil wrote:There's a male logic system in the way we think and how we approach every phenomenon.
Start up in androcentrism and go on to Jacques Derrida and his phallogocentrism thesis.

I don't know this area but saw the name once in some debate : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokal_affair

I don't understand this postmodern idea though that Western culture is still based on determinism. In the early 1900's quantum theory showed that reality has an inherent uncertainty at small scales. Insight from this theory later allowed modern technology to be affordable/widespread. It feels odd then to say that the West is stuck in determinism when Westerners discovered the opposite decades ago (and applied this)?
What do they mean exactly and what is "male logic"?
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Bambi » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:53 pm

mue 26 wrote:But as I already explained, making the statement that one person's pain is objectively worse than another's is nonsense

Bit off topic but I actually agree with that reasoning. Some women with kids make a point of telling men how painful childbirth is in an almost boast-like manner. I'm sure it is, to THEM but tbh it doesn't look that bad to me and yet they seem outraged when I tell them as such.

Bambi has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:35 pm

Suppose it depends on how fat the cretin is. And, obviously, if she's been fucked about as many times as Susan Boyle. Slag with a skinny fetus ain't gonna have a hard time at all.

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire, YUmakemygame
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby YUmakemygame » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:59 am

Sorry to keep bumping this topic, but I really wanted to address this before I bow out finally:

mue 26 wrote: :lol: I'm sorry to laugh, but I honestly, genuinely, did not actually think anyone really truly believed these ridiculous stereotypes about feminists anymore. Do you live in the 1970s?

I don't think I have this archaic idea that feminists are warthogs who wear cargo shorts and sport Caesars. Some (and I say this emphatically), not all, take this ideology to such extremes that they will verbally attack you for thanking a gentlemen for opening a door for you or pulling out your chair. I've been personally accosted for just about everything, and usually by this particular group of crazy women. I've literally been told that I shouldn't wear a nice dress for my boyfriend because I am sexually objectifying myself, or that I shouldn't grow my hair long or workout because I shouldn't have to please men. These women believe they are siding with a just cause? That is truly laughable.

I love to cook, I love to take care of people, and I take care of myself because I am physically small and I like martial arts. It's not about "feminism" at all because they tear down other women instead of helping valid causes such as drug abuse, sex trafficking, teenage pregnancy, etc. It's supposed to be about respecting both men and women without undue criticism. And believe me, women tend to do that quite often, feminist or not. Women will tear eachother apart because we're all competing for success, visual appeal, vibrant health, and life partners. Being a woman is like trying to build the perfect character for a dungeon crawler or RPG. You want to max out your XP and HP, and then you want an entire weapons cache with unlimited magic, plus super agility and strength, and still manage not to come across as useless as Jean Grey but slinky enough to bag a Remy LeBeau. As long as it isn't one of the Morlocks... they're dirty.

YUmakemygame has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
YUmakemygame
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby YUmakemygame » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:18 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: Suppose it depends on how fat the cretin is. And, obviously, if she's been fucked about as many times as Susan Boyle. Slag with a skinny fetus ain't gonna have a hard time at all.

:rotflmao:
Yep.
YUmakemygame
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby MJMW » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:06 am

YUmakemygame wrote:Remarkably selfish

I know right
MJMW
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: FFXII

Postby mue 26 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:12 am

I've literally been told that I shouldn't wear a nice dress for my boyfriend because I am sexually objectifying myself, or that I shouldn't grow my hair long or workout because I shouldn't have to please men.

I've sorry that you've had such bad luck, and have met so many misguided people who have told you that you're not allowed to do what you want. Feminism isn't at all about telling you what you can't do or be, it's the complete opposite, it's about women having the choice and freedom to do or be whatever it is that they want. Of course you get extreme types, like the people you seem to have encountered a lot of, but they do not represent the vast majority of feminists.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:17 am

Feminism was a module for my degree, and I still came out none the wiser.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Sean » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:00 am

phpBB [video]

Sean has received a thanks from: Yama
Sean
Master of the Three Blades