Feminism

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Feminism

Postby streetwaves » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:15 pm

What's all this talk of "objectification"? Sounds like some puritanical nonsense to me.
streetwaves
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Three Blades » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:58 pm

Objectification doesn't exist.
Ugly fat girls invented the term because they were butthurt that men weren't sexually attracted to them.
Rather than spending some time and effort to make their body into something decent, they decided instead that male sexuality (ie: having standards/being attracted to good-looking females) was something evil, shameful, and to be destroyed.

Three Blades has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, St. Elmo's Fire
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:21 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y8XgGhXkTQ

VIdeo series on why he thinks people hate Anita Sarkeesian, while I understand the point of view, he's leaving out a lot of the "research" she did into videogames, and the basic moral judgement she actually passes time and time again.

But it's still an interesting video.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Calshot » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:04 am

Calshot has received 4 thanks from: Mr357, SaM_4000, St. Elmo's Fire, Three Blades
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:57 am

Well to be fair, that's simply all about publicity. Saying that and knowing that Anita has a lot of publicity, I find it a bit distressing how 6967 people have pledged an average of $22.80 to this white elephant of a cause. What is the actual purpose of her kickstarter? Living expenses?
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby amiga1200 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:38 pm

henry kissinger, and joseph goebells were bang on the money! :mad: (not said in jest either) :sad:
it's just as depressing ever day i wake up, and find i'm still breathing the same air, and have to glance occasionally at their downtrodden faces.
at least the food, games, tech and drugs are good, just a matter of time...before the powers that be MOVE, and i'll either be DEAD. or FAR FAR away when the upheaval occurs...ideally. :P
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby KiBa » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:43 pm

I don't believe in equality at all. That is, I think it is self-evident that all people are radically unequal in ability, irrespective of gender, race, metaphysical beliefs, and so on. And in terms of unprovable metaphysical beliefs, I believe all people are equal in 'value', but that has nothing to do with jobs, income, numerical presence in various politico-economic assemblies, etc. Securing everyone's survival and opportunity has nothing to do with guaranteeing an equal amount of money, power, and respect, for all. Therefore, I always laugh when people reference statistics about the presence (or lack thereof) of particular demographics represented in parliaments or companies, as if it were a law of nature that every particular type should be equally present in every circumstance. Also, I believe it is remarkably self-evident that the only distinction that actually affects 'success' in the sense of accumulating wealth and fame, et al, is between ugliness and beauty. This trumps even physical ability and inventiveness, since, no matter what, the better can be outshone in mass gossip by the prettier. Constant mass gossip is both a professional and amateur ubiquitous human activity that modern technology makes more intense than ever before, and the ultimate purpose of such language is the comparison of appearance unto the glorification of the delightful and the denigration of the repugnant. Ergo, I believe most dissatisfied people/"activists" are really just bitter because they don't look as beautiful as they think they should, or they think they are, but not sufficiently appreciated as such. Ergo, I strongly believe that if everyone merely felt stunningly gorgeous (with ample opportunity for all the pleasures that kind of existence entails), there would be no noticeable dissatisfaction in society, no violence, no wars, no poverty, no sense of inequality, but also no convictions. Genetic jealousy and (on the other side) vanity basically drive all human behaviors. In Buddhist terms, genetic jealousy -- the desire to be physically something better than you are -- represents the last and most primordial desire. One cannot reach Enlightenment until one overcomes this fundamental obstacle. All desire, even for clothes and adornments, indeed anything beyond our natural state, basically rests upon this deeper desire to appear so perfect as to awe everyone and be awed by one's self. The absence of this perfection (and all perfection) in life results in constant dissatisfaction and consequent blame placed on everything blamable, which results in samsara, which means prolific blogging, including this post.

In other words, "I can't believe I'm not happy! It must be your fault!" One may insert anything from 'God' or 'people' to the 'universe' in place of 'your'. The bearer of this bad news is especially despised. One useful question to ask any dissatisfied person (including yourself) is what could possibly be done to make one truly happy. We ultimately find our own personal specific solutions aren't actually enough to satisfy forever, even if they were possible, and do not exhaust our desire for more anyway. Nothing does, nothing can. Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle for the impossible.

KiBa has received 2 thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire, Three Blades
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Mr357 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:20 pm

It almost always comes down to a misunderstanding of equality of opportunity vs equality of result. Everyone in the United States has the exact same rights, and therefore the same opportunities, but some people simply can't see past results, and decide to blame their shortcomings on anything but themselves.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenmueTree » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:00 pm

I typed a long post but it didn't go through. Not gonna do that again right now so I'll just say there's a lot of views in this thread I find very disgusting.

Makes me real glad I don't have to see you blokes in real life.

ShenmueTree has received 2 thanks from: Himuro, shenmue852
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:41 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: I'll just say there's a lot of views in this thread I find very disgusting.

shredingskin has received 3 thanks from: Mr357, OL, Three Blades
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:34 pm

wow you guys are still going on about this? you're worse than women...

south carmain has received 4 thanks from: KiBa, MiTT3NZ, St. Elmo's Fire, Three Blades
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Flatlandaniel » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:31 pm

Flatlandaniel
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby shredingskin » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:24 pm

south carmain wrote: wow you guys are still going on about this? you're worse than women...

That's sexist, I don't like that.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Three Blades » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:12 am

^I liked it.
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:19 am

Three Blades wrote: ^I liked it.

I'm fucking offended then.

Hopefully I don't see you in a street, so I won't be offended again. I don't like being offended.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic