Feminism

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Feminism

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:22 pm

Your failure to see the point is like trying to jump off the surface of the sea in an attempt to land on the moon.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III
 
Joined: January 2005
Location: Manchester, innit!
XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: Feminism

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:25 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Your failure to see the point is like trying to jump off the surface of the sea in an attempt to land on the moon.


Well why don't you make the bloody point then? You have offered nothing to the debate in this thread so far. You just post shite.
[size=85][center]Help TeamYu and the #SaveShenmue movement today!
https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
http://facebook.com/TeamYu
Image
User avatar
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: December 2009

Re: Feminism

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:26 pm

Perhaps, but at least it's well-informed shite.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III
 
Joined: January 2005
Location: Manchester, innit!
XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: Feminism

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:28 pm

It's really not.
[size=85][center]Help TeamYu and the #SaveShenmue movement today!
https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
http://facebook.com/TeamYu
Image
User avatar
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: December 2009

Re: Feminism

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:30 pm

Okay, put it this way...

Our wait for Shenmue III is the exact same as what Nelson Mandela went through.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III
 
Joined: January 2005
Location: Manchester, innit!
XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012


Re: Feminism

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:34 pm

I have not read one intelligent argument in this thread about this topic. Shit happens to everyone, pick yourself back up and carry on some way, some how, and stop trying to distribute the blame or fault else where, its not a persons fault they had a bad experience, its not the person causing the bad experiences fault they were born imperfect like every other person on the face of the earth, stop using that as an excuse to not move forward and get on with your life TRY TO TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR OWN LIFE UNTIL THE BITTER END. Race, gender, and sexual orientation are besides the point, we can all take pride in the fact that we are human beings struggling through this hell of a world and we all share that common bond which should unite us not divide us, end of story.
User avatar
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III
 
Joined: April 2003

Re: Feminism

Postby OL » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:36 pm

mue 26 wrote:All of these bar reproductive roles (again arbitrary) apply between different men. And I know plenty of men that are more nurturing than plenty of women I know. And what difference do the "differing hormone levels" make, what implication do you think they really have?


We can play around with exceptions to rules and all that, just keep in mind that anytime someone is talking about groups of people here, we're always generalizing. Obviously not everyone fits the profile. There are bodybuilder women and skinny, weak men. But the generalizations still represent a majority, so don't get nitpicky about it all.
As for hormones, I'll bring up a very simple example that's equally negative on both sides, so there's no picking sides here: testosterone makes men quicker to anger, estrogen makes women quicker to sadden.
There's obviously more to the science of hormones than that, but it absolutely is a fact that men and women experience different hormones, and those hormones have varying affects on the mind. It makes it so that, beyond outward physical appearance, there is a deeper difference between men and women. Contrary to what many want to be the case, men and women do think differently.
And again, generalizations. Speaking of a majority. Not commenting as if every man is the same as every other man, or every woman is the same as every other woman.


MiTT3NZ wrote: Okay, put it this way...

Our wait for Shenmue III is the exact same as what Nelson Mandela went through.


:rotflmao:

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I have not read one intelligent argument in this thread about this topic.


I'm not sure that "life sucks balls, let's all be bros!" is really any better.
Image

OL has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
User avatar
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III
 
Joined: May 2003

Re: Feminism

Postby Raithos » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:41 pm

myshtuff wrote: I fucking love this website.


Seriously dude, if my day is shit this is where I come to have a laugh.
Main System: Activating Combat Mode.

Raithos has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, myshtuff, OL
User avatar
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: July 2013
Location: Jehuty
Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: Feminism

Postby Yukupo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:47 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I have not read one intelligent argument in this thread about this topic. Shit happens to everyone, pick yourself back up and carry on some way, some how, and stop trying to distribute the blame or fault else where, its not a persons fault they had a bad experience, its not the person causing the bad experiences fault they were born imperfect like every other person on the face of the earth, stop using that as an excuse to not move forward and get on with your life TRY TO TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR OWN LIFE UNTIL THE BITTER END. Race, gender, and sexual orientation are besides the point, we can all take pride in the fact that we are human beings struggling through this hell of a world and we all share that common bond which should unite us not divide us, end of story.

Putting the intelligence insult aside :P , the bottom line of your argument is "We should all be equal." Not going to dispute that. That's the goal! The bottom line of my argument is "We are not all equal (currently.)"

These aren't all things that happened in the past. These are things currently going on today. Systems in place that keep us all unequal. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "not moving forward" just accepting the system for what it is? :-k The point of these conversations and movements is to try to make the system a more accepting place for all.
Yukupo
User avatar
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: September 2003
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Feminism

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:25 pm

I feel I should give a quick apology to myshtuff for kind of calling him stupid. That was a bit harsh of me. I do think SJW is an inherently stupid phrase though.
[size=85][center]Help TeamYu and the #SaveShenmue movement today!
https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
http://facebook.com/TeamYu
Image

mue 26 has received a thanks from: myshtuff
User avatar
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: December 2009

Re: Feminism

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:36 pm

OL wrote:

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I have not read one intelligent argument in this thread about this topic.


I'm not sure that "life sucks balls, let's all be bros!" qualifies as being any better.


Oh you have totally missed my point then if thats what you thought I was saying. Obviously, that last bit is "in a perfect world", what human beings should be and what we actually are are totally different, yet alot of people seem to think that everyone else should be what they think they should be, or meet the fate they think is correct. The world is a very uncertain place and anyone can become a target at any time for any given period of time, its just way this world works, its natural selection no? Decisions are made and decisions are reacted to and responded to, life in this world does not give the individual an ultimate power to decide its fate.

We share the similarity of being human beings, and then beyond that we have gender and race and preference, all of which are beyond our control, but also puts us into natures own version of sub categories or stereo types, whoa even mother nature is imperfect. That being said, the human collective can be broken down by its sub categories and any one could be the target at a random draw during any time period past present and future. No one individual decides these things or single handedly makes them so, there are so many different aspects to consider that its really impossible to solve matters such as these, because they are problems that existed before us and will likely exist after us. History and time are a tricky thing, theories and mind sets trend during different time periods and become history, some times they are more popular than others, and x mind set or theory becomes dominant, its no one persons fault.

You have to acknowledge and respect the laws and nature of the imperfect world we live in, because its the one thing that can make us focus on how different we are as opposed to how much we are the same and the only way to stop it is to fight the natural human instinct we have to cling to the things we understand and have experienced as the individual. But first you have to realize its happening, which another problem because its a very difficult theory to grasp much less put in to practice. Human beings limitations are very very complicated, especially when considering what lies beyond them.

All i am really saying is all we can do is try our best with the genetic hand we are delt in the time period we are alive, we are not given the option to choose these parameters or modify them, we get what we get, its the laws of time and nature.

I know this post has probably gotten way way too deep, and it may not even be understandable to some, but I made an effort to not really talk about X issue specifically and rather take a broader stance about what makes up these issues in the first place. We are all trying to find our way and wits in a world that is constantly changing and so much is shrouded in mystery and unknown, I say try to understand every person and theory and mind set instead of just casting it off like people have always done through out history, might as well try something else because clearly the other ways do not work. You have to fight off that initial instinct that tells you "this sounds totally ridiculous" you dont have to agree, you just have to understand. Does any of this make sense?....

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: silent killer
User avatar
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III
 
Joined: April 2003

Re: Feminism

Postby Calshot » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:58 pm

mue 26 wrote:
No I didn't read them. But again, you're trivializing another person's suffering because you view it as lesser to another's, which is dickish.

And have a read through this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_pay_gap


So you flat out didn't read the sources and are telling me that I'm wrong and should read through your wikipedia page to prove to myself that I'm wrong?
User avatar
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: January 2008
Location: Bay Area, California
PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Re: Feminism

Postby mue 26 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:31 am

I did have a goosey, and they were all the same utter shite arguments I've seen repeated over and over. So since I did you the honour, could you please fill your boots with this, Calshot lad: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... nequal-pay
[size=85][center]Help TeamYu and the #SaveShenmue movement today!
https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
http://facebook.com/TeamYu
Image
User avatar
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: December 2009

Re: Feminism

Postby myshtuff » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:59 am

mue 26 wrote: I feel I should give a quick apology to myshtuff for kind of calling him stupid. That was a bit harsh of me. I do think SJW is an inherently stupid phrase though.


No worries man. It's all good. :3

myshtuff has received a thanks from: mue 26
User avatar
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: April 2005
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net