Warcraft

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Warcraft

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Last I heard WoW still has 7 million subs so I doubt it will have trouble making its money back.

7 million subs x the at least $12 p/m which was the cheapest official rate from my quick Google = at least $84m a month :shock: =D> .

Great lil empire they'be built themselves. Respect!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:50 pm

What sorta overheads would they have to chip away at that? I mean if we're talking just the game here, no physical stuff is actually getting literally moved, so there's one major expense solved, right there! I imagine the sorta bandwidth that 7m people per month plus the n00bs and freeTPers would require astonishing amounts of servers and internet stuff, but I imagine they come out on top by a..."satisfying" amount, at the very least...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:35 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: What sorta overheads would they have to chip away at that? I mean if we're talking just the game here, no physical stuff is actually getting literally moved, so there's one major expense solved, right there! I imagine the sorta bandwidth that 7m people per month plus the n00bs and freeTPers would require astonishing amounts of servers and internet stuff, but I imagine they come out on top by a..."satisfying" amount, at the very least...

http://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=NASDAQ:ATVI&fstype=ii

Don't have the up to date info on WoW alone but here are the income statements for Activision Blizzard, Inc.

Bambi has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Sonikku » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:47 pm

WoW is a big bloated beast. The team has never been bigger. Yet, we're looking at gaps of a year between content. Where the heck are the days when Blizzard's small but passionate team could crank out Molten Core in a week? Long gone. I guess it is no surprise then that as their subscribers tumble, they have since opted to refrain from posting them from future earnings reports.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Previous

Return to Off Topic