Random political rambling

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Random political rambling

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:45 pm

I recently moved out of Washington DC, but it is 100% bullshit that the people there have to pay federal taxes but have absolutely no representation in congress. Congress sets laws for the district, but the people have no say in this because they have no representative or senator in congress. It is maddening considering the united states of America was founded because we were being taxed by the British without having any say in the matter. Sure, the residents in DC are able to have a delegate, but that is basically a person that is allowed to listen to congress and do nothing else. If they want to have say they are basically told to shut up and let the adults talk. It is like living in a pure monarchy where the King or Queen makes the laws whether you like it or not.

Speaking of a monarchy, why does the UK still have one? From my understanding the Queen has the power to appoint all of her ministers and veto bills, but she never uses this power. Thing is the option is still there. She can appoint ministers that will follow her words 100% and basically reinstate the old monarchy. But she doesn't, and she ultra promises she never does. This is stupid, if you guys are basically just hoping the queen doesn't go full tyrant, you Brits might as well just dissolve the monarchy completely to make sure it is never a possibility. Its pretty ridiculous that your head of goddamn state isn't an elected position but rather something someone gets by just being the first person to pop out a very specific vagina. It is even more ridiculous that you guys passed a law that makes it more equal, allowing the first male or female to be born to become the successor to the throne, but ignore the fact that no commoner cannot be head of state. Yay, equality.

Vote for Bernie Sanders, 2016. If you are American register as a democrat and vote for him in the primaries to make sure he becomes the Democratic candidate for the 2016 election. FemClinton's cronies basically rigged the debates to make sure the majority of the US doesn't know about him, since the debates are what killed her campaign in 2007-2008. but tell your friends and family about him and get him to vote. If you do not know about the guy, visit these websites that tell you about his platform:

https://berniesanders.com/issues/
http://feelthebern.org/

This guys is ridiculously consistent on his policies, he has literally been saying the same shit since the 1960s. He even marched with MLK and got arrested with him. He supported gay marriage, equality, and all that good 2015 shit that we been hearing about before we were even born. This guy is the real deal, and it would be a shame if he does not become the next US president.

If you do not feel like reading shit and want to know who you support by answering questions, here you go! Answer as honestly as possible to get an accurate result. https://www.isidewith.com/political-quiz

I do not know what else I could ramble about so I think I'm gonna stop here. Post your ramblings, respond to mine, tell me I suck, I don't care. Pretty sure this a topic that Jeff would love. If Jeff ran for president I would steal someone's identity and vote for him.

EDIT: Oh, do you think Puerto Rico is going to become the 51st state? America basically treats that territory as a state (except that they cannot vote for president, I think), so maybe congress will get around to making it official.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Random political rambling

Postby south carmain » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:01 pm

Mr. Frozen wrote:Speaking of a monarchy, why does the UK still have one? From my understanding the Queen has the power to appoint all of her ministers and veto bills, but she never uses this power. Thing is the option is still there. She can appoint ministers that will follow her words 100% and basically reinstate the old monarchy. But she doesn't, and she ultra promises she never does. This is stupid, if you guys are basically just hoping the queen doesn't go full tyrant, you Brits might as well just dissolve the monarchy completely to make sure it is never a possibility. Its pretty ridiculous that your head of goddamn state isn't an elected position but rather something someone gets by just being the first person to pop out a very specific vagina. It is even more ridiculous that you guys passed a law that makes it more equal, allowing the first male or female to be born to become the successor to the throne, but ignore the fact that no commoner cannot be head of state. Yay, equality.

Why do you care? btw the same goes for Canada, Australia and new zealand. We share the same head of state.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:14 pm

south carmain wrote:
Mr. Frozen wrote:Speaking of a monarchy, why does the UK still have one? From my understanding the Queen has the power to appoint all of her ministers and veto bills, but she never uses this power. Thing is the option is still there. She can appoint ministers that will follow her words 100% and basically reinstate the old monarchy. But she doesn't, and she ultra promises she never does. This is stupid, if you guys are basically just hoping the queen doesn't go full tyrant, you Brits might as well just dissolve the monarchy completely to make sure it is never a possibility. Its pretty ridiculous that your head of goddamn state isn't an elected position but rather something someone gets by just being the first person to pop out a very specific vagina. It is even more ridiculous that you guys passed a law that makes it more equal, allowing the first male or female to be born to become the successor to the throne, but ignore the fact that no commoner cannot be head of state. Yay, equality.

Why do you care? btw the same goes for Canada, Australia and new zealand. We share the same head of state.

I suppose for the same reason other people care about the politics in the US. If a King or Queen decides to go batshit insane, it will affect the rest of the world.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:19 pm

We're not really that relevant anymore and the royal family certainly isn't. This is what happened last time the royal family went against parliament https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Revolution
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:42 pm

The US and the brits work very closely together in international affairs. Back when I worked in intelligence and other things dealing with my count, I always had at least one guy form GCHQ or SIS to corroborate with. The US and UK share A LOT with each other. Most likely if the US goes to war, so does UK, and vice versa.

Yes, it is assumed that if the monarchy decides to go against parliament a revolution will occur, but why even allow the possibility if that isn't desirable? The only reason the royal family appears irrelevant today is because the Queen chooses so. As an American, it makes no sense for the royal family to even exist anymore.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:53 pm

Mr. Frozen wrote:The US and UK share A LOT with each other.

Well they share pretty much everything, that's how the 5 eyes agreement works
Most likely if the US goes to war, so does UK, and vice versa.

Not really, unless if if it's related to article 5 of the NATO treaty we can back out like what happened with Syria in 2013
Yes, it is assumed that if the monarchy decides to go against parliament a revolution will occur, but why even allow the possibility if that isn't desirable? The only reason the royal family appears irrelevant today is because the Queen chooses so. As an American, it makes no sense for the royal family to even exist anymore.

Well it has worked for us, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and some of the most equal and prosperous nations on earth within Europe for a long time now so I don't see any reason for paranoia. The monarchy only remain for tradition and because they remain popular.

It's just how we do things here. It's not like democratic republics are infallible either. A president can turn dictator which has happened countless times throughout history across the world.

If anything you should find it comforting that if a populist anti US party get elected here the monarchy can dissolve them.
Last edited by south carmain on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:00 pm

south carmain wrote: It's just how we do things here. It's not like democratic republics are infallible either. A president can turn dictator which has happened countless times throughout history across the world.

The USA has a system where congress can impeach the president if he or she goes batshit insane. Can also throw the president in jail. No such thing when it comes to a king or queen. From what I understand the Queen is literally above the law in the UK.

I dunno, I'm just a yank who has no idea why you guys love your monarchy and trust it so much.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:01 pm

south carmain wrote:

Hahahaha! Priceless one, mate! Laughed so hard! :king: Cheers!

south carmain wrote:
Mr. Frozen wrote: Most likely if the US goes to war, so does UK, and vice versa.

Not really, unless if if it's related to article 5 of the NATO treaty we can back out like what happened with Syria in 2013

Isn't the UK flying attacks on ISIS in Syria right now? :oops:
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:06 pm

Mr. Frozen wrote:
south carmain wrote: It's just how we do things here. It's not like democratic republics are infallible either. A president can turn dictator which has happened countless times throughout history across the world.

The USA has a system where congress can impeach the president if he or she goes batshit insane. Can also throw the president in jail. No such thing when it comes to a king or queen. From what I understand the Queen is literally above the law in the UK.

That's if congress want to impeach him. But it's pretty much proven that if the government in the USA want to violate citizens rights they can do so without facing any real repercussions.

There's no way for the queen to be able to control the country on her own just like there would be no way for your president to control the USA on his own. She would need support from the army and popular support to go against the civilian government.

Hyo Razuki wrote:
south carmain wrote:

Hahahaha! Priceless one, mate! Laughed so hard! :king: Cheers!

south carmain wrote:
Mr. Frozen wrote: Most likely if the US goes to war, so does UK, and vice versa.

Isn't the UK flying attacks on ISIS in Syria right now? :oops:

Yes, and? That's because ISIS is a threat to the UK.

I'm talking about this
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23892783

Edit: also the only strikes we did in Syria were on British jihadists there. Our air strikes otherwise are limited to Iraq.
Last edited by south carmain on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:09 pm

Cliched as it sounds, the Royal family is one of the only things left that is still one of the things that makes Britain, Britain. I'm a Scot and I wanted independence, so I should hate the idea of a Royal family, but tell the truth, there is still a lot I like about the "Britain" that Scotland is still part of. I dunno what the true figures are when it comes to how much they cost the UK vs how much they add to the economy, plus they have estates that no doubt all generate healthy profits (and the accumulated wealth of their old-money bloodline is probably mind-boggling), so they could probably swagger about the way they do and pay to maintain their fancy old buildings off their own purse and have the same lifestyles, whilst probably still in profit each year just on interest alone. Why do that when you're the frickin' Queen though, what's the point in being a Royal if you can't skim like that!?
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:13 pm

What does Mr. Frozen think of Donald Trump and Kanye West's Presidential ambitions?
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:33 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: What does Mr. Frozen think of Donald Trump and Kanye West's Presidential ambitions?

Well, I am not anti-republican, but Donald Trump is a freaking joke. The republican party is supposed to be about less government interfering with capitalism, but over the years the republican party has been associated with racism and religion. Donald Trump basically has no political filter, and his plan of building a massive wall to keep the Mexicans out is absolutely absurd, but it plays well for the average republican. He is not a man fit to be the President, and the only reason he has popularity is because 1) the media talks about him all the freaking time and 2)he is not a traditional politician and says what is on his mind without a political filter. This is the reason Bernie Sanders gains a crap ton of support wherever he goes, he isn't one to cater to all audiences and speaks his mind. Difference with Sanders is that he has political experience, ever since the 80s, I believe. He is also a current US Senator. Sanders has solid plans for his policies, Trump is just talking out of his ass most of the time. The republican people apparently want trump but I seriously doubt the republican national committee will want to nominate him. If he becomes the republican nominee, the Democrats will win the election for sure.

As for Kanye, that will never happen.

south carmain wrote:
Mr. Frozen wrote:

That's if congress want to impeach him. But it's pretty much proven that if the government in the USA want to violate citizens rights they can do so without facing any real repercussions.

There's no way for the queen to be able to control the country on her own just like there would be no way for your president to control the USA on his own. She would need support from the army and popular support to go against the civilian government.

So, why not just get rid of her completely? I don't care if the UK becomes anti-US, as long that is what the people want and not the elite. Yes, the kingdom gets money from tourists who wants to visit the castles and stuff, but so does the french. They no longer have a monarchy and gets a fuck ton of money from tourists visiting the Louvre (the old monarchy's castle), which I would assume gets a ton of more money than what Buckingham palace brings in, considering Buckingham palace is almost always closed off to the public.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:37 pm

Because the majority of people don't mind the royal family being there and feel it is part of our identity. If the people want the royals gone then they will go, it's pretty simple tbh.

No modern European monarch can stay in power without the consent of the people.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:48 pm

south carmain wrote:
Mr. Frozen wrote:Isn't the UK flying attacks on ISIS in Syria right now? :oops:

Yes, and? That's because ISIS is a threat to the UK.

I'm talking about this
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23892783

Edit: also the only strikes we did in Syria were on British jihadists there. Our air strikes otherwise are limited to Iraq.

Nothing wrong with bombing ISIS, mate. Didn't mean it in a negative way. I believe in sovereignity of nations. If you guys feel your nation is threatened by someone, you are free to defend yourselves. :)

About the "British" jihadists though... I wouldn't consider them British. They might happen to hold a British passport but... I'd better not go deeper into the mined territory. Anyway, feel free to kill off any jihadists in or outside of Britain. :D
Last edited by Hyo Razuki on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:49 pm

south carmain wrote: Because the majority of people don't mind the royal family being there and feel it is part of our identity. If the people want the royals gone then they will go, it's pretty simple tbh.

No modern European monarch can stay in power without the consent of the people.

As the French showed, when they guillotined their heads off.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Next

Return to Off Topic