Terrorist attack in Paris, many dead and hostages taken

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Terrorist attack in Paris, many dead and hostages taken

Postby Mr357 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Terrorist attack in Paris, many dead and hostages taken

Postby shredingskin » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:49 pm

It was so predictable that Hollande should be lynched.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby south carmain » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:11 pm

The news here (I'm in france) are saying that france is now at war. There is a state of emergency and even school trips all over the country have all been cancelled.

Edit: the death toll is now at 140.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Mr357 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:55 pm

south carmain wrote: The news here (I'm in france) are saying that france is now at war. There is a state of emergency and even school trips all over the country have all been cancelled.

Edit: the death toll is now at 140.

At war with who?
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:18 pm

They didnt say
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:40 pm

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... aclan.html

The Guardian has been interviewing numerous witnesses in Paris, including 57-year-old Marc Coupris:
“It was carnage,” Marc Coupris, 57, told the Guardian, still shaking after being freed from being held hostage at the Bataclan, a popular concert venue.
“It looked like a battlefield, there was blood everywhere, there were bodies everywhere. I was at the far side of the hall when shooting began. There seemed to be at least two gunmen. They shot from the balcony.”
“Everyone scrabbled to the ground. I was on the ground with a man on top of me and another one beside me up against a wall. We just stayed still like that. At first we kept quiet. I don’t know how long we stayed like that, it seemed like an eternity.
“I saw my final hour unfurl before me, I thought this was the end. I thought I’m finished, I’m finished. I was terrified. We must all have thought the same. Eventually, when a few gendarmes came in slowly we began to look up and there was blood absolutely everywhere. The police told us to run.”

Libération interviewed a 23-year-old Turkish woman who identified herself as Fahmi B. and told a harrowing story of escape:
I was in the pit, when suddenly I heard noises, like fireworks. At the time I thought it was part of the show, then I turned around and I saw a person who had just taken a bullet in the eye. She grabbed her head and collapsed. Then, everyone got on the ground, we were hearing shots. The shooters were shooting at random at people who were lying down, everyone was playing dead but it didn’t make any difference for them. I was lying in the fetal position but my feet were blocked by someone’s body. I managed to slide my feet out of my shoes and I ran backstage, because an exit was just nearby, with three other people, who were injured.

AFP interviewed one Pierre Janaszak, who says he overheard the terrorists talking to hostages while hiding in a bathroom:
I locked myself in a bathroom upstairs, there were four of us in the bathroom, they didn’t come there. They were guarding the hostages, and I heard them talk with them. They were saying that they had 20 hostages, but I didn’t go see and verify. … I heard them trying to negotiate with the police out the window. I clearly heard them say to the hostages, “It’s Hollande’s fault, it’s your president’s fault, he doesn’t have to intervene in Syria.” They also talked about Iraq. … Then we heard shooting when the police intervened. There was shooting in all directions, there were more explosions. The police opened the door (of the bathroom) and told us to get out. They asked me to take off my shirt before leaving, to be sure that I didn’t have a bomb on me.

An inside picture from the Bataclan taken some years ago.

They possibly failed to commit their suicide bomb the way they wanted at the Stade de France. That could have been much worse.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Peter » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:12 am

I am in shock right now. Me and my girlfriend had a great night out, she's lying passed out beside me in bed in the dark and I am reading all the news I can get my hands on.

So many emotions. Firstly I will not sleep. My thoughts are with those who went out for a Friday night out, 6 weeks before Christmas, but now have been ruthlessly murdered for reasons they will never uderstand. Also their loved ones, whose lives will never be the same again. Finally, also for a nation, who has already suffered enough tragedy with Charlie Hebdo in recent months, that they really don't need this.

Anger. Hatred. Reasoning, Ignorance? I don't know right now, and I dont want the media to influence that. But, all I can safely say for now, that if it was my son, daughter, brother, sister, Mother, who lost their lives tonight in these sickening attacks, then there would never be any forgiveness in my heart. Give me a gun, because death to people who have this mentality and believe in its faith or cause needs eradicated from this world.

Maybe there are 2 sides to every story, and that they have a reason. But my life I cherish, and no one on this earth has the right to play God. It's clear that despite the badness from all walks of life raising it's ugly head everyday, that there is a select part of this world who is teaching people this is the way, and it is the right way, when it really isn't.

I feel sick. This world is sick right now, and we need to make it better.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Kenny » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:22 am

Also, fuck their reason for doing this.

Attacking and hurting civilians is never okay. I also hate and condone it when our American military does the same. This also will hugely influence people's opinion on the Syrian refugee situation should it be known and confirmed that these attacks were coordinated by select refugees.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby ShenSun » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:55 am

Absolutely disgusting. My heart goes out to all the victims and their families.

Stay safe everyone.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Rakim » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:39 am

Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:41 am

Gotta keep the sounds of death muffled yo.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:50 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 34426.html

They're evacuating an airport in gatwick, hopefully it's nothing.

I guess muslims won, it's too late to start believing bullshit ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:26 am

They found a Syrian passport on the remains of one of the suicide bombers apparently.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonikku » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:32 am

It's a tragedy, but I regard their lives no more or less precious than every other life cut short by violence. It's just a pity that other deaths aren't as regarded because of the variety of violence used and the more gradual rate at which their lives are terminated. I suppose it's no wonder then that the mass raping and murdering in Darfur or mass starvation in North Korea or constant gun slayings in America aren't really a blip on the radar. Your being killed isn't a big deal until you're killed by an explosive.

Sad thing is by everyone going into a panic like this and changing the way they go about their day is basically letting these terrorists win. France now being "at war" with these punks now is probably the thing ISIS was hoping for. To disrupt Western way of life with hardly any resources or manpower.

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, St. Elmo's Fire
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:57 am

My brother was in Paris a few days ago..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Next

Return to Off Topic