What did you all get for Christmas?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

What did you all get for Christmas?

Postby Tpgb12 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:21 pm

The topic sums up with the purpose of this is. Here's some pics of what I got. I hope all of you had a great Christmas.

Tpgb12 has received 3 thanks from: GYO6161, Mr357, sand4fish
Tpgb12
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Manic1231
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Gaiares

Re: What did you all get for Christmas?

Postby GYO6161 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:41 pm

Good taste in the anime section! 8)

GYO6161 has received a thanks from: Tpgb12
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: God of War

Postby sand4fish » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:55 pm

I got one of these from my girlfriend, an amazing seat to witness this legend next year:

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Tpgb12
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby OL » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:09 am

No one I know seemed quite as jazzed about christmas this year compared to previous years, so it wasn't exactly the most exciting. Nice enough all the same, bit of time with the family and all that.
The main thing I got was a nice new laptop, since my old one crapped out on me a while back. I plan to use this new one almost exclusively for "work" stuff, like writing my stories, editing music, that kind of stuff. Should be a big help with the writing especially, since it was starting to become a chore, having to go sit at my PC in my room and basically close myself off from anything else if I wanted to get anything done. Now I can write while watching tv or whatever, move around if I need, so it'll make it a lot easier to actually make some progress.

OL has received a thanks from: Tpgb12
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:23 am

I just asked for money instead of presents this year, to help out with my trips in 2016. After dinner at my parents I came home and spent Christmas alone. Normally I like being alone, to relax and do whatever I want, but today I felt a bit depressed. I guess it was the occasion.

Was able to put another 7 hours into Sleeping Dogs and complete it 100%. Depending on what stuff I have to do over the next few days, plus Monday being my birthday, I might aim for around 20 hours into the Witcher 3. It's been sitting on my shelf for quite a while now, I just haven't gotten around to playing it. I like to 100% games and I already know it's a 60+ hour game apparently. So should be fun.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: OL, Tpgb12
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Tpgb12 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:01 am

GYO6161 wrote: Good taste in the anime section! 8)

Thanks! I've always wanted to see some of Lupin's TV content. I've only ever seen some of the films and OVAs until now. I'm really loving the 1st series so far and I'm so glad I asked for it. Castle of Cagliostro was already probably my favorite film of all time, so I obviously wanted Eastern Star's new Blu-Ray of it.
Tpgb12

Postby GYO6161 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:31 am

Tpgb12 wrote:
GYO6161 wrote: Good taste in the anime section! 8)

Thanks! I've always wanted to see some of Lupin's TV content. I've only ever seen some of the films and OVAs until now. I'm really loving the 1st series so far and I'm so glad I asked for it. Castle of Cagliostro was already probably my favorite film of all time, so I obviously wanted Eastern Star's new Blu-Ray of it.

Im glad your enjoying Series 1, i can rarely find people that like it much since many find it too dated for today's standards but its still a wonderful ride, i personally adore Series 2, although it is a lot longer than Series 1. Cagliostro is obviously a masterpiece of filmmaking. BTW, two episodes of Series 2, 145 and 155 are basically mini Ghibli films since they were directed by Miyazaki. :king:
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: God of War

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:44 am

The Snatcher Pilot Disc is pretty good (has an amazing trailer for Snatcher on there; seriously one of the best game trailers ever made, but full of spoilers), but the Pilot Disc for Policenauts is even better - shooting gallery, game demo, interviews, music, pretty much all of the trailers used to promote the game; all sorts.

I got:

Rodea: The Sky Soldier (Wii U) - Plays and sounds a lot like a SEGA game from the early 2000s era, like if NiGHTS and Sonic Adventure were mixed together, I do wonder if this was planned as a Dreamcast game by Yuji Naka at some point.

Devil's Third (Wii U) - Biggest surprise for me since my Bro got this for me as a joke since how bad he heard it was, turns out it's a pretty great game instead. Really does play like something from the PS2 generation, it's a really good combo of melee and shooter and the story is hilarious Z-movie grade stuff and cheesy as hell. Looked like crap from the footage I saw of it, but it's already just a really fun game to play.

Alien: Isolation (PS4) - Wanted this since it was first released, just never got around to it. Already blown away by how much this feels like the first two classic Alien movies. Going to love getting further into this.

Until Dawn (PS4)

Armored Core 2: Another Age (PS2)

In Cold Blood (PSX)

Eternal Eyes (PSX)

Uzumaki Volume 1 - Horror manga. Really bizarre.

No Longer Human Volume 1 - More manga.

Hideo Nakata's The Complex

One Missed Call - Watched this last night, a seriously great Japanese horror film from Takashi Miike. The ending part in the abandoned hospital is the stuff of nightmares. Can definitely see where a lot of survival horror games like Siren and Fatal Frame got their influence from this film...

Pulse - Never actually seen a Kiyoshi Kurosawa film before but heard how good his films were.

Brian Blessed: A Memoir - Already in love with this book. What an awesome man he is. The opening paragraph already has me in stitches.

And all of the usual bits and bobs - clothes, money and a nice watch too.

I'm also going to buy Yakuza 5 with my Christmas money and get into that after I beat my other Christmas games.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:12 am

What does the PCB with the "QC passed" sticker and what looks like an SD or MicroSD card do? Does the card have 8/16-bit games on? :D

Me, I got Just Cause 3, some money, some chocolates, some scents and a Nike T shirt. Quite pleased TBH!

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Tpgb12
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Mr357 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:50 am

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: What does the PCB with the "QC passed" sticker and what looks like an SD or MicroSD card do? Does the card have 8/16-bit games on? :D

Probably an Everdrive or sonething similar. It's an especially awesome thing to have if it means he can play out of region games.

I'm so jealous of that PC-Duo though. I've wanted to get into PC-E/TG16 collecting, but I don't know Japanese and Turbografx stuff is crazy expensive.

I didn't get too much in terms of material stuff, but I did get a paid-for vacation to Costa Rica (typing this from there, in fact).

Mr357 has received a thanks from: Tpgb12
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby myshtuff » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Nothing. I'm Jewish. :(
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby south carmain » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:37 pm

myshtuff wrote: Nothing. I'm Jewish. :(

I got nothing too but I'm christian.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Thief » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:31 pm

I usually don't get anything much for christmas, but I got some really cool stuff this year thanks to my awesome family.

Tie Bomber is my favorite ship in Star Wars.

:)

Thief has received 2 thanks from: Tpgb12, Verisimilitude
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Tpgb12 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:41 am

Mr357 wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote: What does the PCB with the "QC passed" sticker and what looks like an SD or MicroSD card do? Does the card have 8/16-bit games on? :D

Probably an Everdrive or sonething similar. It's an especially awesome thing to have if it means he can play out of region games.

I'm so jealous of that PC-Duo though. I've wanted to get into PC-E/TG16 collecting, but I don't know Japanese and Turbografx stuff is crazy expensive.

I didn't get too much in terms of material stuff, but I did get a paid-for vacation to Costa Rica (typing this from there, in fact).

Yeah, it's a Turbo Everdrive. It's so great because It's honestly a really hard system to collect for, imo. I'd never be able to afford most of the games I want.

Tpgb12 has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, St. Elmo's Fire
Tpgb12

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:23 am

Coal. I really detest that fat bastard...
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Next

Return to Off Topic