Indiana Jones 5 Announcement Thread

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Indiana Jones 5 Announcement Thread

Postby KiBa » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:31 am

Who knows, Jones! In a thousand years, even YOU might be worth something!

I'll just be keeping my eyes shut and not looking at it no matter what happens.

The villains will be Chinese.

KiBa has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, OL
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby FlagshipFighter » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:35 pm

KiBa wrote:Who knows, Jones! In a thousand years, even YOU might be worth something!

I'll just be keeping my eyes shut and not looking at it no matter what happens.

The villains will be Chinese.

lol! Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb (a game that was a prequel to Temple of Doom) had the Chinese as villains, but was also the first to have the leading lady/love interest to be Chinese as well. It's a great game, platforming hasn't aged for it very well though... :-/

I imagine though if they could afford to have Chinese villains though. With Disney at the helm, I would imagine that they would want to be as family friendly and approachable as possible and that risking a ban in the republic of china may largely impact the box office. Indy was always one of those movies that did better globally.

But you never know. I was shocked to see how closly Stormtroopers resembled the nazi's in Force Awakens then they ever have before...
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby KiBa » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:30 am

True, but Germans are not like the Chinese. Germans today love being denigrated globally and denigrating themselves as much as possible as punishment for Naziism. I've never seen penance like it. It's downright flagellantistic. Chinese, on the other hand, well... my housemate regularly sings the Chinese national anthem with her friends. For fun. On the 4th of July it's like Rick's Cafe in here! Yes, I think you're right. Red Chinese villains would lose Disney billions. The beginning of Temple of Doom was bad enough.

And, yeah, Emperor's Tomb was quite cinematic. Cool game.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby FlagshipFighter » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:47 pm

Calshot wrote:I don't know, I'm actually looking forward to Indiana Jones and the Two-Story Staircase

Not going to lie but I've been thinking and chuckling at of that title in my head for the past few days xD it's so funny to imagine Ford struggling up a staircase for a 2hr epic lol and I'd totally watch it!

In fact, i think you should pitch it to Disney.
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:02 pm

Indy finally gets three quarters of the way up, when a giant (polystyrene) boulder rolls into view at the top...

...prompting a desperate switch to reverse gear on the stairlift he had installed at the beginning of the third act.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Previous

Return to Off Topic