Politics

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Politics

Postby b_ren » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:22 am

phpBB [video]

b_ren has received a thanks from: InsanityIsCrazy
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Sonikku » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:15 pm

Sonikku has received 3 thanks from: Axm, InsanityIsCrazy, myshtuff
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby b_ren » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:14 pm

phpBB [video]

b_ren has received a thanks from: InsanityIsCrazy
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby beedle » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Here's the thing. No, Trump is not a fascist. No, he's not a Nazi. He's just a thick, incompetent man who's discovered populism. Fascism is at least a somewhat coherent ideology. A lot of his supporters and some of the people he surrounds himself with are nasty far 'alt' right pieces of work. Therefore, he should be opposed by all decent people, including decent conservatives.

However, even if we ignore how grotesque the policies he puts forward are and the views he (supposedly) holds, the man is so vastly incompetent, how anyone can seriously consider him suitable for even a low income job, let alone the most powerful position in the world, is mad to me. Do you think he has ever read a book? What do you think he reads? Do you think he understands the basic concepts of the American constitution? He is utterly, utterly foul. There are few people less worthy of that job than he.

'Anyone in America can be the President' used to be a positive thing people said, takes a different meaning now that infantile cretin got in. Still, at least he's funny.

beedle has received a thanks from: Monkei
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby beedle » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:37 pm

Also Piers Moron deserves far more than being told to 'fuck off'.
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ziming » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:37 am

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby InsanityIsCrazy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:47 am

beedle wrote: Here's the thing. No, Trump is not a fascist. No, he's not a Nazi. He's just a thick, incompetent man who's discovered populism. Fascism is at least a somewhat coherent ideology. A lot of his supporters and some of the people he surrounds himself with are nasty far 'alt' right pieces of work. Therefore, he should be opposed by all decent people, including decent conservatives.

However, even if we ignore how grotesque the policies he puts forward are and the views he (supposedly) holds, the man is so vastly incompetent, how anyone can seriously consider him suitable for even a low income job, let alone the most powerful position in the world, is mad to me. Do you think he has ever read a book? What do you think he reads? Do you think he understands the basic concepts of the American constitution? He is utterly, utterly foul. There are few people less worthy of that job than he.

'Anyone in America can be the President' used to be a positive thing people said, takes a different meaning now that infantile cretin got in. Still, at least he's funny.

I keep seeing this word being thrown around. Why? I mean, he's a blustery showman who has questionable morals, sure. He's egotistical and blunt. What I don't think he is, and what most people who lost to him thought, was that he's a moron who got to where he is through happenstance or the alignment of the planets. That's dangerously naive. It also shows a severe underestimation of a Big City mindset (or New York Values as Teddy so-called it). By that I mean, the kind of man who's made a name for himself for ~40 years in one of the largest cities of this country without succumbing to either material excess (drugs) or the pitfalls of high-stakes living (murder / suicide). He saw what alcoholism did to his brother, and he saw what actual incompetence did to his friends in September of '01. You could tell during the debates that, if he had a knife, he would've stabbed Jeb Bush when he said his brother "kept the country safe."

This isn't so much a defense of Trump the man as it is a summary of "Trump" the brand. The definition of incompetent means "to not succeed," but let's face it: dude's still alive well into his 70s, has towers with his name on them, a large family business that is being managed by his well-off children, and survived more than a few dangerous business deals. Oh, and he won a national election despite the entire political establishment vying for his blood and the Democratic machine painting him and his supporters as vile arch-demons. He succeeded. Much to our country's chagrin.

What I'll say is that our institutions have become, or appear to have become, incompetent to the point that someone like Trump seemed palatable to a winning majority of voters. That, to me, is the most dangerous takeaway from this, and I don't think you can blame one single party on it. The entire interconnected system of government, press, and political class failed the people, and in their loss and madness they shrieked the opposite: that the public failed them.

Side-note: if you wanna know how the alt-right became a thing, you can blame every media outlet and pundit who called them Nazis in the first place. Do you think they would've gained traction anywhere outside of twitter had Team Clinton and CNN not lambasted them publicly? This far into technology, and supposedly smart people still don't understand how trolling works.

InsanityIsCrazy has received a thanks from: Mr357
InsanityIsCrazy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: InsanityIsCrazy
Currently playing: Some Gizmo

Postby shredingskin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:17 pm

wow trump is a IRL shitposter
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Mr. Frozen » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:56 pm

shredingskin wrote: wow trump is a IRL shitposter

Trump has always been an IRL shitposter.

Mr. Frozen has received a thanks from: InsanityIsCrazy
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:57 pm

Mr. Frozen wrote:

The best, no one shitposts better than him.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Mr. Frozen » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:28 am

Monkei wrote:
Mr. Frozen wrote:I love that Trump has made good on his campaign promises so fast, which is something I haven't seen any politician do in my lifetime.

Except for those tax releases eh? :p And did you watch the swamp filling video above?

How do you Trump guys feel about the constant lying that's been going on? I mean that's happening all the time and everywhere of course, but rarely as obvious/childish/ridiculous as here. Alternate facts? :lol: Kind of a dictatorship style, ain't it. A clown parade is ruling your country now and makes the US look dumber than under Bush. You guys once again (and more than ever before) look like idiots to the rest of the world (your president very clearly is one and makes a fool out of himself everytime he opens his mouth or fucking tweets like an 8-year-old).. does that affect you at all? The fact that we live in a world where this is the lesser of two evils, where this is the better choice (I'm glad Hilary didn't win, that fucking evil cunt) makes me feel frustrated as hell. As you can probably tell.

Your post really didn't have anything to do with what I posted. Seems like you just wanted to rant about Trump, which is fine. I would like to point out that there is a tracker that ticks off his campaign promises as he makes them or breaks them. Right now, with just 24 days in office he made good on 7 promises, with 11 on the way. I think a bit of leeway can be given on the 'broken' promises on that list, but you always end up with debatable points on lists like this.

The alternate facts thing was a quote the media contorted ran away with. By alternate facts, they meant the facts the media wasn't reporting on. Anyone whose brain isn't automatic trump defamation mode, or didn't get their opinion from the media would be able to see this. The 'alternate facts' in that context were facts such as republicans always draw smaller inauguration crowds since the DC metro area is overwhelmingly democrat, or that there was tougher security screening for the audience, etc... I thought the whole situation was stupid, though. Media being stupid for the usual reasons, and the Trump camp being stupid for placing so much attention on something so petty. Speaking of the media, Trump said today at his press conference that he will wake up to news articles saying that he was "ranting and raving" towards the media and blatantly stated that isn't the case. What is on CNN page right now? "Trump lashes out." Can't make this shit up, folks.

As for the choice of who we had for the election, the democrats did have a far better choice than Hillary Clinton, but of course the corrupt as fuck democrat party made sure that Hillary was going to win the primary. It is terrible how Sanders got cheated out of the nomination. The democrats really need a hardcore reconstruction but there is too much of the old guard to really fix shit. Hopefully congress get term limits, but I don't think that will ever happen because congress would basically be putting themselves out of a job. Its ironic, the office of the president has term limits because based George Washington said he didn't want to be a king and chose to leave office after 2 terms. All other presidents (except one, whose actions ended up forcing term limits) just followed this custom out of tradition. Congress originally had term limits but I think the first congress (before they were called congress) god rid of that shit with the quickness. No honor for congressmen I guess.

Mr. Frozen has received 2 thanks from: InsanityIsCrazy, Monkei
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Monkei » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:33 am

Well, yes, only that first line of my post was aimed directly at you, the rest was meant for everyone (and, like you said, mainly me just ranting and feeling frustrated about it). Could have made that clearer.
Good post. Fuck congressmen.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby b_ren » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:04 pm

south carmain wrote:
Mr. Frozen wrote:

The best, no one shitposts better than him.

This man does:

b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby redline » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:09 pm

phpBB [video]
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mr. Frozen » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Wall building imminent.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2017/02/21/qa- ... nforcement

Funny how literally none of the msm media outlets are talking about this.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic