Dojo's Top 25 Games of All Time!! RESULTS HERE!!!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:52 am

:? Actually!! I notice a distinct lack of Metal Gear Solid on that list!! :x :x :evil: :evil:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby mikec_ct » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:05 pm

Oh, of course, there are games missing that we all want on there. Personally I was pissed at anyone without Panzer Dragoon Saga (best RPG I've ever played) or NiGHTS (if you don't know it, you need to learn) on their lists. People just haven't played them.

Personally I think the likes of GTA3 and MGS are pathetic jokes compared to those two games. Different opinions of course, are what make the world go round ;)

IwaoHazuki wrote:I'm surprised Vice City isn't on there.

Well Vice City was just a takeoff of GTA3, not even a real sequel. Used the same graphical engine and everything. Vice City may have been more fun but GTA3 was the truly revolutionary title.
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby TheRonin » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:11 pm

There are to many games from the same series on the list.
TheRonin
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mikec_ct » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:15 pm

Problem is, how can you lump Super Mario (for NES) with Mario 64? You can't. They're two totally different games. The gameplay isn't even similar.
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Dragonslayer88 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:25 pm

Cool results. A lot of great games mentioned on the list and I'm glad to see many other respectable members thought so as well.
Dragonslayer88
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby TheRonin » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:00 pm

mikec_ct wrote:Problem is, how can you lump Super Mario (for NES) with Mario 64? You can't. They're two totally different games. The gameplay isn't even similar.

Jumping from platform to platform, jumping on bad guys, finding stars and saving the princess :-k .................................same shit :devillaugh:
TheRonin
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:13 am

I think halo has the best multiplay on a console, to be honest. I know goldeneye is "the classic console FPS", but Halo's sick when you get enough good people to play...and when you play system link it just gets even sicker.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby mikec_ct » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:30 am

Tomato Convenience Store wrote:I think halo has the best multiplay on a console, to be honest. I know goldeneye is "the classic console FPS", but Halo's sick when you get enough good people to play...and when you play system link it just gets even sicker.

Well that's why it's hard to compare games from different time periods. Would Halo even exist today without the likes of Goldeneye, which showed the developers how a console FPS should be done? You have to factor in a lot of stuff and most of it is gray area. A lot of the rankings have to do with nostalgia. I have many more fond memories playing Goldeneye than I do Halo. Maybe it's reverse for you, but that's what makes the world go round once again ;)
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mikec_ct » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:32 am

Again, NiGHTS and Panzer Dragoon Saga are two of my top five, and no one else seemed to give one rat's ass about them. Will I go home and cry? No. I just realize that A) those games were released to a limited audience; and B) even if Dojo'ers played them, maybe they wouldn't like them as I do.
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:41 am

mikec_ct wrote:
Tomato Convenience Store wrote:I think halo has the best multiplay on a console, to be honest. I know goldeneye is "the classic console FPS", but Halo's sick when you get enough good people to play...and when you play system link it just gets even sicker.

Well that's why it's hard to compare games from different time periods. Would Halo even exist today without the likes of Goldeneye, which showed the developers how a console FPS should be done? You have to factor in a lot of stuff and most of it is gray area. A lot of the rankings have to do with nostalgia. I have many more fond memories playing Goldeneye than I do Halo. Maybe it's reverse for you, but that's what makes the world go round once again ;)

Yeah it is pretty difficult to compare these two games, I agree, but I used to play goldeneye almost everyday at my friends house when it was released (haven't played it in a long time though). Since I've been at college, I've been playing Halo all the time with my friends, and its alot more fun than I've had playing Goldeneye (don't get my wrong, Goldeneye is amazing, but I just like Halo alot more). But you weren't able to hook up four N64's in the Goldeneye days, so 4 was the maximum amount of people you could play with, and that's not really Goldeneye's fault because N64 is obviously blown away from a technical standpoint by Xbox. The only thing that makes it difficult for me to go back and play Goldeneye is the lack of the second analog stick.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby Sonic FM » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:43 am

Sonic adventure 1 and 2 SHOULD BE IN THE TOP FIVE!
Sonic FM
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby mikec_ct » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:37 pm

Tomato Convenience Store wrote: The only thing that makes it difficult for me to go back and play Goldeneye is the lack of the second analog stick.

Funny you would mention that. Since I'm primarily a PC FPS player, I prefer the digital controls for walking and the analog stick for "mouselook" and aiming. Reason being I like to walk in straight lines and have control over exactly where I'm going, which is virtually impossible with an analog stick. However, analog sticks are ideal for aiming, as I said, since It best recreates the movement of a mouse. Still, in an ideal world I'd take the keyboard/mouse setup in a FPS any day of the week. There's not even a contest in my mind.
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby TheRonin » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:50 pm

Sonic FM wrote:Sonic adventure 1 and 2 SHOULD BE IN THE TOP FIVE!

Whatever those are two of the most annoying games ever made. 25 at least.
TheRonin
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:37 pm

I disagree with most of thine things people put. Probably because I'm not a Mario gamer on an RPG-er, and I don't play GTA games. Street Fighter II definitely deserved a spot....
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby mikec_ct » Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:48 am

Ultimate: So you're primarily a fighter fan I guess?
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic