What's Shenmue hacking help, LanDc please read

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

What's Shenmue hacking help, LanDc please read

Postby pyromania » Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:00 pm

I have the models switched, but how do i burn this. I've wasted 10 cds trying to burn it. It just gets recognized as an audio cd. What i did was copied all the files off the cd, changed ryos model then tryed to burn it through nero and easy cd creator. I am burning in the right mode (mode 2). Even when i try to just copy the original whats shenmue cd it won't work. Do i have to extract the files from the image instead?
pyromania
Asia Travel Representative

Postby pyromania » Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:50 pm

Help me please
pyromania

Postby LanDC » Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:43 am

http://www.geocities.com/first_wizard_zorrander/selfbootdc.htm go there, download that Selfboot.zip and follow that tutorial.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby pyromania » Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:51 pm

Thanks. I got it to work, well sorta. It plays like the normal what's shenmue. I edited Ykb_m.mt5 to be rens texture( the model was in model folder) and it was still ryos same model.
pyromania

Postby LanDC » Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:21 pm

His file isnt in the model folder. he is in the humans.afs. but it's very scattered around, and different from shenmue 2. But in shenmue 1, the models like, with a shirt only, or in the house with socks which is Ykc_m.mt5, those can just be replaced with whatever.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby pyromania » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:53 pm

How do i swap the characters in Humans.afs? Today I found the arcade and soda machines. We need a program so we could draw our own models. We could make beer for the vending machine and then add some impossibly hard to make function that makes ryo walk around like a drunken santa once he drinks so many beers(and maybe even get him into trouble when cops are around).
pyromania

Postby white lotus » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:35 pm

What cops? theres no cops...wtf? Oh and to do that you would have to do some SERIOUS reprogramming, hope you know C++, because you'll need to lkearn that! :lol:
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby pyromania » Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:40 pm

The watchmen in the harbor are a good enough figure of authority. Im through with more than half a C++ book, Ill be finished before school starts. The cop thing will be too hard but the drunken walking after so many beers shouldn't be that hard.
pyromania

Postby white lotus » Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:50 pm

cool, so u can kind reprogram shenmue a bit? make it so than Tom takes place of Fuku-san in the orignal shenmue, or even better! port tom to aberdeen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby pyromania » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:10 am

He would have fuku sans voice though. The only way it would be decent would be to find audio lines that are similar and they're aren't to many, it would be to much work. You could make tom the darts guy in Aberdeen, and keep the same voice as the darts guy. I got a new idea, im gonna try to replace the burgers at funny bear burgers with pigeons, after all the place is called funny bear burgers :lol: .
pyromania

Postby pyromania » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:29 pm

I see what you mean now landc, when you extract the individual files from the afs, alot of them dont have textures. I did find some jackets on some people that im gonna try to replace.
pyromania

Postby Samurai Edge » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:03 pm

Ryo: Lets Spar
Tom: alright man i'll try
Samurai Edge

Return to Shenmue