I'm looking for just the manual to Shenmue

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

I'm looking for just the manual to Shenmue

Postby Tpgb12 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:43 pm

My copy of Shenmue is missing the game manual, but it does have the passport manual. I've been looking on eBay and haven't had any luck finding a loose manual. Do any of you somehow have one to spare? Thanks.
Tpgb12
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Manic1231
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Gaiares

Re: I'm looking for just the manual to Shenmue

Postby Telekill » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:37 pm

I was looking on eBay earlier today for Shenmue merch. Oddly, I saw that there were quite a few of loose Disc 2's for the first game which makes no sense to me. That said, if you want a copy of the manual, you'll probably have to buy another copy of the game which isn't necessarily cheap. You may be better off getting the old strategy guide which is a cheaper option but not exactly what you're looking for.

That said, I was able to do a quick Google search and find the following site: www.replacementdocs.com This site has scanned downloadable copies of manuals for both Shenmue games among hundreds of others. You could download, print and piece together a new manual for yourself.

If you still want an original copy of the manual, your next best bet will be to find a local gaming store that deals in classic games. I myself have one in my town that goes all the way back to the Atari 2600. It's possible that they would have a copy of Shenmue, but again, you'd probably have to buy the whole game as they may not be willing to part with just the manual.

Hope that helps.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Tpgb12 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:16 pm

Telekill wrote: I was looking on eBay earlier today for Shenmue merch. Oddly, I saw that there were quite a few of loose Disc 2's for the first game which makes no sense to me. That said, if you want a copy of the manual, you'll probably have to buy another copy of the game which isn't necessarily cheap. You may be better off getting the old strategy guide which is a cheaper option but not exactly what you're looking for.

That said, I was able to do a quick Google search and find the following site: http://www.replacementdocs.com This site has scanned downloadable copies of manuals for both Shenmue games among hundreds of others. You could download, print and piece together a new manual for yourself.

If you still want an original copy of the manual, your next best bet will be to find a local gaming store that deals in classic games. I myself have one in my town that goes all the way back to the Atari 2600. It's possible that they would have a copy of Shenmue, but again, you'd probably have to buy the whole game as they may not be willing to part with just the manual.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, I really don't want to buy another copy of the entire thing because it's not a cheap game. I also have no local game stores except for GameStop, and... they wouldn't have anything like this. I may just get a complete Japanese copy of the Special Edition of the game as it's much cheaper than the US version. I appreciate the advice, though.
Tpgb12

PSN: Manic1231
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Gaiares

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:54 am

You can buy mine for fifty quid.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III