Shenmue game save addresses!

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue game save addresses!

Postby Resident Joel » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:02 pm

Hi,

does anyone know / know where I can find Shenmue I & II game save addresses? I have an xploder so just need the memory addresses so I can experiment entering some codes. I found & have been using a great guide by SSJ2 Dark for Shenmue I but this does not include save addresses for notebook unlocking / passport unlocking. I found fairly little for Shenmue II. Any addresses would be good but ones for notebook, passport or any other unusual ones would be even better. Thanks. 8)
Resident Joel
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby The C. » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:05 pm

I think someone would be able to arrange something, but not entirely sure, you'd have to put the save on a disc or something and that.
The C.
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SSJ2 Dark » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:49 pm

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the correct addresses for notebook entries. It's a fairly slow process, since there's no in-game memory viewer. Hacking the Shenmue II save file is impossible for me right now, because I cannot figure out how to modify the checksum correctly.

I also just realized that I have Version 1.20 of my guide on my computer, but I never uploaded it. It's probably because I wanted to double check the new codes I added. The main addition is something called the hex method, where you can modify the save file directly rather than using codes to modify things in-game. If you're interested in getting a copy, let me know, and I'll send you one.
SSJ2 Dark
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Return to Shenmue