Shenmue Versions

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue Versions

Postby kckool » Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:13 am

Just looking at this shenmue collection and noticed that the person's got Shenmue 1- USA limited edition, anybody know what the difference is between the regular and limited edition versions. Also is there a Shenmue 2- JAP regular edition because i've been looking on Ebay for a while now to add to my collection but can only find the limited edition.
kckool
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: Shenmue Versions

Postby RyoHazukisGal » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:22 pm

kckool wrote:Just looking at this shenmue collection and noticed that the person's got Shenmue 1- USA limited edition, anybody know what the difference is between the regular and limited edition versions. Also is there a Shenmue 2- JAP regular edition because i've been looking on Ebay for a while now to add to my collection but can only find the limited edition.

That's my collection. :D Shenmue USA Limited Edition contains an extra Soundtrack CD called 'Jukebox'. It contains 10 tracks of the music from those tapes Ryo collects ingame. (The Jukebox soundtrack you purchase seperatly, contains all these same tracks plus several others). There is no Shenmue II Japanese Regular Edition. I've never seen one and because I'm very dedicated to collecting every version I would know. All the Japanese releases contain those extra Virtua Fighter disks. I've seen some photo's floating around of something that looks like a Shenmue II Japanese Regular Edition but that was just a photo of package art.
RyoHazukisGal
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby kckool » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:51 pm

Respect to your collection, where did you get What's Shenmue-Orange? I've got S1- USA regular, S1-PAL, S2-PAL, S1-JAP, S2-JAP limited edition,S2 Xbox PAL, and a downloaded What's Shenmue.
kckool
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby RyoHazukisGal » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:16 pm

kckool wrote:Respect to your collection, where did you get What's Shenmue-Orange? I've got S1- USA regular, S1-PAL, S2-PAL, S1-JAP, S2-JAP limited edition,S2 Xbox PAL, and a downloaded What's Shenmue.

Thanks. Took a long while to aquire that Orange Demo. Luckily, it was still in like new condition. I have a contact in Japan who finds Shenmue items for me. :D I send him requests from time to time and he always makes sure to email me when every he finds anything. You have a nice collection too. :)
RyoHazukisGal
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby SnakeWesker » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:59 pm

Geez, all I have is Shenmue 1 NTSC and Shenmue 2x NTSC.
SnakeWesker
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby blueheat-83 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:13 pm

How many versions of What's Shenmue are there? I've got the one with a light blue cover.
blueheat-83
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby kckool » Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:20 pm

There's 2 versions, the light blue one and the very rare orange version.
kckool
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Return to Shenmue