...Sidestories?...

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby Miles Prower » Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:40 am

James Brown wrote:
Miles Prower wrote:
James Brown wrote:
Miles Prower wrote:Actually I think Paul has some good ideas-it would be interesting to see the story from other character's perspectives. Like with Gui Zhang you would hear about the strange phone call(from Ryo), and the noise in the warehouse(when Ryo drops the plate)

Maybe something like Sonic Adventure 1, where it's the same story for each character, but from different perpectives and at other times a whole new adventure...

However, I did think it was weird how from different perspectives different words were used in the same conversations. It made the experience seem like, by choosing a character, you changed how another character acted in the same situation. Which didn't feel as right...

So basically what i'm saying here is that if Shenmue were to go into something like this (from different perspectives), conversations must be researched from the original game and not modifed for each individual character...

Yeh, that's what I was thinking. BTW James, it was only in the dubbed voice track different words were used in the same conversations, I've played through it in Japanese and the characters say the same things in each perspective(though the subtitles are still the ones from the dubbed voicetrack, so they are kind of like "dubtitles)

Weird...why did they choose to dub them with different words?

Lets hope they don't - if this were to happen - dub Shenmue's that way...

Your guess is as good as mine, but playing SA1 with Japanese voices with the "dubtitles" is quite entertaining. Watch the opening scene of Tails' adventure to see what I mean :lol:
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Previous

Return to Shenmue