HUGE DISCOVERY!! you HAVE to see this!!!

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

HUGE DISCOVERY!! you HAVE to see this!!!

Postby LanDC » Mon May 12, 2003 8:04 pm

HOLY! i have made yet ANOTHER very interesting discovery. this time in Shenmue 1. thanks to nuts to that for being so mother fucking kind to send me a copied version of shenmue, i can get the files off of there, i have many plans for it. but get this. i have found. UNUSED SCENE FILES!!!! you remember those screens for a LONG LONG time ago that showed ryo chasing terry instead of jimmy? well i found a scene, its subs have terry talking, saying things like "Damn! dont you ever give up?!" and ryo saying things like "You cant run anymore jimmy!" and "jimmy?". it's like a different version of the jimmy chase, that is awsome! i also found a extra scene of the meeting of terry. but the only difference is. it has a line from PEDRO. he says, and i assume as he gives nozomi back "Here princess, go back to your little prince.". another extra of when you take out tony and smith and the gang in the dobuita parking lot. but this one has SMITH talking in what should be tony's place. saying different things... another of the part where terry tried to kill gui zhang after you two fight, he originally says. "you like me that much? let me invite you to hell" well i found another one with everything else the same, but instead of that, terry says "damn! take care of them guys!". that is awsome! and this stuff is translated in english too. and i assume the voice files are in with the AFS file too! the rest are. and lastly. i found one of goro and nagashima. i guess a old version of the mugging scene. but goro says "I demand com-pen-sa-tion!" and it also has him saying "AW! All this friggin' stuff made me trip and fall down!" and there is a file name of someone i dont know. probably the guy getting mugged. lol, he is saying "What am i supposed to do?" then it has nagashima saying "What you supposed to do is pay up! now cough it up!" then nagashima says "Who the hell are you?" then another file name shows, but its not ryos, and says "Whats going on here?".. Soon i am going to take these different files, and replace them over the origninal ones, and burn it off!so it should show this stuff i am telling you about! you see, there are AFS files for every cutscene, packed into these files are the voice files for the scene, lip movement info, subs and how it should be played out. you can open these files in a wordpad, and read the subtitles. so thats how i found out. well i will be sure to report everyone on this!
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby -DARKSIDE- » Mon May 12, 2003 8:55 pm

Sounds awsome. Keep up the good work.
I demand com-pen-sa-tion! Hahaha, I would love to hear Goro say that!
-DARKSIDE-
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby nuts_to_that » Tue May 13, 2003 1:13 am

I've tried re-burning like you've mentioned, and I'm sorry to say that it it didn't work for me. Maybe I did it incorrectly. But, for example, I replaced the opening cutscene with something I wanted to see, and it just played the opening cutscene silently. :shock:
nuts_to_that
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Juanfran » Tue May 13, 2003 5:02 am

That's a fairly awesome find
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ChaiOgawa » Tue May 13, 2003 5:08 am

Fairly awesome? FAIRLY AWESOME?!?!?! thats liek friggin sweet ass find LanDC thats pretty cool.
ChaiOgawa

Postby Juanfran » Tue May 13, 2003 5:12 am

Fairly awesome is the highest level of praise that I, as a Briton can deliver.
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Miles Prower » Tue May 13, 2003 9:02 am

The whole "I demand com-pen-sation!" and "What's going on?" thing is actually in the game. If you fail to get into New WH8 the first time you go to the harbor, when you go back the next day Goro offers to help you sneak in. So he fakes hitting his leg on the warehouse door and pretends his injured to distract the guards. This is when he says the "compensation" bit, and then one of the guards says "What's going on?". Then Goro whispers to Ryo to sneak in, and then Ryo quickly runs into the warehouse.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby LanDC » Tue May 13, 2003 9:59 am

OH SHIT!!! THATS right! holy hell i know that, ive been through shenmue a million times, i didnt think about that, but i thought i remembered goro saying that. oh well, the others arent.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Jacob Marley » Tue May 13, 2003 11:02 am

Great job! It's always cool to find new things in the existing Shenmue games.
Jacob Marley
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby LanDC » Tue May 13, 2003 12:42 pm

i should also mention, there are LOTS inside that aren event translated.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Jacob Marley » Tue May 13, 2003 1:30 pm

Post some pics! :D
Jacob Marley
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Louis » Tue May 13, 2003 1:38 pm

why would they bother to translate unused scenes, seeing as jap and uk versions are different.

any way, great find, post some videos or somthing plzplzplz :)
Louis
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby LanDC » Tue May 13, 2003 2:09 pm

no no no, i havent seen them in action. i dont know if i will even be able to do that. see, the file that contains all of this info can be opened in a wordpad, and you can view the subs. i will try to view them soon, if i do. i cant record video, but i can take pics and record audio.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby ChaiOgawa » Tue May 13, 2003 7:16 pm

Miles Prower wrote:The whole "I demand com-pen-sation!" and "What's going on?" thing is actually in the game. If you fail to get into New WH8 the first time you go to the harbor, when you go back the next day Goro offers to help you sneak in. So he fakes hitting his leg on the warehouse door and pretends his injured to distract the guards. This is when he says the "compensation" bit, and then one of the guards says "What's going on?". Then Goro whispers to Ryo to sneak in, and then Ryo quickly runs into the warehouse.

That seems like it would be awesome to see i have to see it, somebody has to list all the cutscrenes that you have to do something to get like the drunk guy qte/cutscene thing. Cause most fo them I dont know of.
ChaiOgawa

Postby Forklift#5 » Tue May 13, 2003 8:47 pm

as usual- great find!
Forklift#5
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Shenmue