Curfew

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Curfew

Postby Juanfran » Wed May 14, 2003 4:41 am

Was it just my imagination, or did the game stop me from training in the dojo after eight o' clock?? Surely Ryo should be allowed to train on the estate as long as he likes? It's certainly better than training in a deserted parking lot on the other side of town! Which makes me think actually. With Iwao dead, and no living relatives, doesn't the entire estate now belong to Ryo? Ryo the rich property owner!
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Wuying Ren » Wed May 14, 2003 5:51 am

The property could be in his name but he still has to more or less run under Ine-San.
Wuying Ren
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Silas » Wed May 14, 2003 5:52 am

Just one of those stupid things which removed some of the freedom when it wasn't necessary. Another stupid thing with the dojo is the first day when Fuku-san offers to spar with you, so after the cutscene you turn right around and try to get him to spar, and he just says "Don't do anything foolish, Ryo!". You can't spar with him until the next day! Why the hell was that??

Since Ryo is getting an allowance from Ine-san I suspect that the estate is in trust until he's 21 or maybe some other age such as 25. But it must be dead cool to own your own dojo
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ChaiOgawa » Wed May 14, 2003 6:01 am

Yea, this confused me also. No matter what he lives there he should be able to train whenever he likes, that was his father's dojo so that should go to him now right? I just usually stayed away from training unless, im in Dobuita and have some free time. Or in the harbour I go into the warehouse to get some practice in sometimes.
ChaiOgawa

Postby Bambi » Wed May 14, 2003 9:22 am

The Day After...

Ryo: How are you keeping Ine san :roll:

Ine: I must keep working otherwise I'll get depressed :(

Ryo :roll: (picking dirt from under his nails): Uh yeah totally... I packed this easy carry travel bag for you and fuku.

Ine: Whatever do you mean Ryo San :?

Ryo: Well I was thinking now with the old man dead and everything that you and fuku would be...you know moving on out

Ine: But... :cry:

Ryo: You have until the end of the week now if you'll exuse me I have to go to dobuita and pick up some beanbags for the house :idea:
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Silas » Wed May 14, 2003 9:28 am

lmao
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SpringChick » Wed May 14, 2003 9:51 am

:lol: That would have been a good one for the Bloopers topic.
SpringChick
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Miles Prower » Wed May 14, 2003 1:13 pm

One thing that pissed me off was when it was nearly 11:30, and I'd just won 4th prize at the Tomato store, and I was about to pick Super Sonic. But noooooooooooooooo, he automatically chose Metal Sonic which I already had! And then his watch freakin' beeps and he goes home! It shouldn't rush you that much.
I think you should be able to stay up all night, I really wanna see the sun rise in the mornings! Even when you're looking for Heart Beats you can only stay up till 4:00am(is it possible to stay up later than that?). What I found funny though was at the Hot Dog Truck, the radio was still playing but Tom wasn't there! :P
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Wuying Ren » Wed May 14, 2003 1:27 pm

LOL, you lot make me laugh.

ChaiOgawa, Ine-San takes care of all the house, cleaning etc. Without her, the house would be ruined, would Ryo clean etc?

Iwao probably wouldn't think Ryo would be mature enough anyway, he'd put Ine-San in charge, put it in her name until Ryo was a certain age!
Wuying Ren
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Wed May 14, 2003 8:08 pm

Wuying Ren wrote:LOL, you lot make me laugh.

ChaiOgawa, Ine-San takes care of all the house, cleaning etc. Without her, the house would be ruined, would Ryo clean etc?

Iwao probably wouldn't think Ryo would be mature enough anyway, he'd put Ine-San in charge, put it in her name until Ryo was a certain age!

The thing that bugs me most is, with Iwao dead, who the heck is paying Ine-san? Shouldn't Ryo pay her....?
But instead... she pays him :roll:
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Miles Prower » Thu May 15, 2003 3:17 am

Ultimate Rugal wrote:
Wuying Ren wrote:LOL, you lot make me laugh.

The thing that bugs me most is, with Iwao dead, who the heck is paying Ine-san? Shouldn't Ryo pay her....?
But instead... she pays him :roll:

Hey, that's a good point actually! Maybe Fuku-san does lol
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Juanfran » Thu May 15, 2003 4:45 am

Fuku-san should be out there earning a living! What is he, 26? And still a dead beat doing nothing but training and writing all day. tut-tut.
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Silas » Thu May 15, 2003 4:59 am

Miles Prower wrote:I really wanna see the sun rise in the mornings!
Not having to do a sun rise routine and the complication of starting all the NPCs at different times is undoubtedly the reason for the curfew in the first place.

That thing with the toys happened to me, too, Miles, although I think it was at the end of lunchtime when I was at work.
Last edited by Silas on Thu May 15, 2003 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Miles Prower » Thu May 15, 2003 9:27 am

Silas wrote:
Miles Prower wrote:I really wanna see the sun rise in the mornings!
Not having to do a sun rise routine and the complication of starting all the NPCs at different times is undoubtedly the reason for the curfew in the first place!

That thing with the toys happened to me, too, Miles, although I think it was at the end of lunchtime when I was at work.

I guess so yeh, it's probably not even programmed :P
A shame...
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Silas » Thu May 15, 2003 9:49 am

D'ja ever see The Truman Show? When everybody's getting into their starting positions every morning - I imagine that's how Shenmue starts each day. At 8:00, everybody's getting into position (they're all standing around Sakuragaoka and Dobuita with coffee cups in their hands), then 8:30, the alarm goes off, and all the NPCs start off their routines.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Shenmue